Basic Blue 17
Basic Blue 17 Chemical Properties
- Melting point:>200℃
- storage temp. Store at RT.
- solubility H2O: soluble1mg/mL
- pka2.4, 11.6(at 25℃)
- form Solid
- Colour Index 52040
- color Dark green to black
- PH2.8 (H2O, 25℃)
- Water Solubility 3.82 g/100 mL
- λmax626 nm, 630 nm
- Merck 14,9520
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- Biological ApplicationsBound hyaluronan assay; DNA assay; bioelectronic applications; biofuel cells; microbial fuel cells; detecting bacteria,body fluid,nucleic acids,45,proteins,viruses; identifying Gram-negative bacteria,b-amyloid reducing agents
- EPA Substance Registry SystemTolonium chloride (92-31-9)
- Language:EnglishProvider:3-Amino-7-dimethylamino-2-methylphenazathionium chloride
Basic Blue 17 Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiesgreen powder
- UsesA metachromatic dye suitable for a wide variety of histological staining procedures.
- UsesDirect dyeing, printing of wool, silk. Biological stain.
- DefinitionChEBI: An organic chloride salt having 3-amino-7-(dimethylamino)-2-methylphenothiazin-5-ium (tolonium) as the counterion. It is a blue nuclear counterstain that can be used to demonstrate Nissl substance and is also useful for staining mast cell granules, both i metachromatic and orthochromatic techniques.
- Manufacturing ProcessAs taken from US Patent 416,055 (probably the oldest patent on the
manufacture of a currently-used drug): In carrying out this process about 6
pbw of dimethyl-p-phenylenediamine was dissolved in about 18 pbw of
hydrochloric acid of about 1.16 specific gravity and then a solution of about
3.8 pbw of nitrite of soda in about 6 pbw of water was gradually added. The
hydrochlorate of nitroso-dimethylaniline thus produced in the well-known
manner is then submitted to the reducing action of zinc-dust by adding, first
about 30 pbw of hydrochloric acid of about 1.16 specific gravity and then (in
small portions at a time) about 10 pbw of zinc-dust as is well understood by
chemists. The solution of hydrochlorate of paramido-dimethylaniline thus
obtained is afterwards diluted with about 250 pbw of water and then the
uncombined hydrochloric acid contained in the solution is, if any, neutralized
by the addition of an alkali. There are then added about 16 pbw of sulfate of
alumina and about 13 pbw of thiosulfate of sodium, (hyposulfite of soda) and
immediately afterwards a solution of about 5 pbw of bichromate of potash in
about 60 pbw of water is quickly run in.
In this stage of the process the formation of an acid sulfureted compound of paramidodimethylaniline takes place, possessing the formula C8H11N2SSO3H(paramido-dimethylaniline-thiosulfonic acid). Without previous separation of this intermediate compound a solution of about 5.3 pbw of orthotoluidine, in the requisite amount of dilute hydrochloric acid (about 6 pbw of hydrochloric acid, SG about 1.16, diluted with about 6 pbw water) and shortly afterwards a solution of about 14 pbw of bichromate of potash in about 160 parts by weight of water is then added under constant agitation, when a precipitate will be formed chiefly consisting of a green indamine possessing in its dry condition the formula C15H17N3S2O3. In order to transform the same into toluidine-blue, about 50 pbw of a solution of chloride of zinc of about 1.5 specific gravity are added and the mixture thus obtained is boiled during about half an hour, when, after cooling, the toluidine-blue thus formed will separate out and may then be filtered and purified, if necessary, by repeated solution in water and precipitation by means of chloride of sodium and chloride of zinc.
In the above described process the sulfate of alumina may be dispensed with and replaced by as much hydrochloric, sulfuric, or acetic acid as will be required to liberate the thiosulfuric acid from the thiosulfate of sodium employed.
Toluidine-blue prepared as above described presents the following characteristic properties: It consists principally of the hydrochlorate of dimethyltoluthionine, the composition of which corresponds to the formula C15H15N3SHCl.
- Therapeutic FunctionCoagulant
- Benzyl chloride Calcium chloride Choline chloride Mepiquat chloride Buprofezin Polyvinyl chloride Basic Blue 17 Ammonium chloride o-Toluidine Basic Blue 7 Direct Blue 14 Cupric carbonate basic Thiamethoxam Methylene Chloride Alkaline Phosphatase p-Toluidine toluidine 2-[2-HYDROXY-3-(2,4-XYLYLCARBAMOYL)-1-NAPHTHYLAZO]PHENOL
Basic Blue 17SupplierMore
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009
- Company Name:Secco work (Beijing) chemical technology co., LTD