ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical Reagents > Organic reagents > Cyanate ester / isocyanate > Ethylthiocyanate
Ethylthiocyanate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:-85.5°C
- Boiling point:145 °C(lit.)
- Density 1.012 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:109 °F
- storage temp. Flammables area
- form liquid
- BRN 1737620
- CAS DataBase Reference542-90-5(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceThiocyanic acid, ethyl ester(542-90-5)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemEthyl thiocyanate (542-90-5)
Ethylthiocyanate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiesclear colorless liquid
- Chemical PropertiesEthyl thiocyanate is a liquid. Onion odor
- General DescriptionLiquid. Used as an agricultural insecticide.
- Reactivity ProfileNitric acid violently oxidized a thiocyanate solution [Bretherick, 1979 p. 121]. Caution should be exercised in treating a thiocyanate with an oxidizing agent such as a peroxide or chlorate as such mixtures have been known to explode.
- Health HazardEthylthiocyanate is highly toxic if ingested.
- Fire HazardWhen heated to decomposition, Ethylthiocyanate emits very toxic fumes of oxides of nitrogen and sulfur.
- Safety ProfilePoison by ingestion, subcutaneous, intraperitoneal, and intravenous routes. When heated to decomposition it emits very toxic fumes of NO, and SOx. See also THIOCYANATES.
- Potential ExposureThis thiocyanate material is used as an agricultural insecticide
- ShippingUN2929 Toxic liquids, flammable, organic, n.o.s., Hazard class: 6.1; Labels: 6.1-Poison Inhalation Hazard, 3-Flammable liquid, Technical Name Required
- Purification MethodsFractionally distil the ester at atmospheric pressure. [Beilstein 2 IV 1218.] (CARE LACHRYMATOR.)
- IncompatibilitiesIncompatible with oxidizers (chlorates, nitrates, peroxides, permanganates, perchlorates, chlorine, bromine, fluorine, etc.); contact may cause fires or explosions. Keep away from alkaline materials, strong bases, strong acids, oxoacids, and epoxides. Esters are generally incompatible with nitrates. Moisture may cause hydrolysis or other forms of decomposition. Caution should be exercised in treating a thiocyanate with an oxidizing agent such as a peroxide or chlorate as such mixtures have been known to explode
- Waste DisposalIn accordance with 40CFR 165 recommendations for the disposal of pesticides and pesticide containers. Must be disposed properly by following package label directions or by contacting your local or federal environmental control agency, or by contacting your regional EPA office
Ethylthiocyanate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation ProductsEthanesulfonyl chloride
(R)-(-)-1-(1-NAPHTHYL)ETHYL ISOTHIOCYANATE (S)-(-)-1-(4-BROMOPHENYL)ETHYL ISOTHIOCYANATE (R)-(-)-1-(4-CHLOROPHENYL)ETHYL ISOTHIOCYANATE 1-PHENYLETHYL ISOTHIOCYANATE (S)-(+)-1-(1-NAPHTHYL)ETHYL ISOTHIOCYANATE 2,6-DICHLOROBENZYL THIOCYANATE PHENACYL THIOCYANATE Benzyl thiocyanate 1-THIOCYANATO-DECANE 3-METHYLBENZYL THIOCYANATE ETHYLENE 1,2-DITHIOCYANATE ALPHA,ALPHA'-DITHIOCYANATO-P-XYLENE P-BROMOPHENACYL-8 P-BROMOPHENACYL BROMIDE/CROWN ERYTHORMYCIN THIOCYANATE Erythromycin thiocyanate BUTYL OLEATE TRIS(TRIMETHYLSILYL) PHOSPHATE ISOTHIOCYANATE, POLYMER-BOUND, 200-400
- Company Name:Yancheng Guohong Chemical Products Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13770125098 0515-70125098-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009-