Basic information Characterization Physical Properties Applications Features/benefits Guidelines for use Uses Health & Safety Safety Related Supplier
Antioxidant 245 Chemical Properties
- Boiling point:602.88°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.0397 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.6000 (estimate)
- Flash point:>150 °C
- CAS DataBase Reference36443-68-2(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemBenzenepropanoic acid, 3-(1,1-dimethylethyl)-4-hydroxy-5-methyl-, 1,2-ethanediylbis(oxy-2,1-ethanediyl) ester (36443-68-2)
Antioxidant 245 Usage And Synthesis
- CharacterizationAntioxidant 245 is a sterically hindered phenolic antioxidant particularly suitable for organic substrates. It protects the substrates against thermo-oxidative degradation during manufacturing, processing and end-use. Antioxidant 245 is odorless, of low volatility, has a good color stability and exhibits high extraction resistance.
- Physical Properties
- ApplicationsAntioxidant 245 is effective in styrene polymers, particularly impact modified polystyrenes, ABS, MBS, SB and SBR-latices as well as in POM homo- and copolymers. It is also very useful for the stabilization of polyurethanes, polyamides, thermoplastic polyesters, PVC and other polymers. In addition to imparting thermostability to the finished polymer Antioxidant 245 is effective as chain stopper during PVC polymerization.
- Features/benefitsAntioxidant 245 can be used in combination with other additives such as costabilizers (e.g. thioesters, phosphites, phosphonites, lactones), light stabilizers, and other functional stabilizers. The effectiveness of the blends of Antioxidant 245 with IRGAFOS 168 (Irganox B-blends) is noteworthy.
- Guidelines for useAlready 0.05 – 0.1 % of Antioxidant 245 provides long-term thermal stability tothe polymer. Concentrations up to 1.0 % can be used depending on the substrate and the requirements of the end application.
- UsesAntioxidant 245 is an ethylenebis (oxyethylene) bis-(3-(5-tert-butyl-4-hydroxy-m-tolyl)-propionate). It is an antioxidant for processing and long-term thermal stabilization. It has low volatility, good color stability and is odorless. Exhibits high extraction resistance. Antioxidant 245 protects the substrates against thermo-oxidative degradation during manufacturing, processing and end use. It is compatible with styrene polymers including polystyrenes, ABS, MBS, SB and SBR as well as POM homo-and copolymers. Also compatible with polyurethanes, polyamides, thermoplastic polyesters, PVC and other polymers. It is effective as chain stopper during PVC polymerization. Its recommended dosage level is 0.05-0.1% for long-term thermal stability. Concentrations up to 1.0% can be used depending on the substrate and the requirements of the end application.
- Health & SafetyAntioxidant 245 exhibits a very low order of oral toxicity and does not presentany abnormal problems in its handling or general use.
Detailed information on handling and any precautions to be observed in theuse of the product(s) described in this leaflet can be found in our relevanthealth and safety information sheet.
- Safety ProfileQuestionable carcinogen withexperimental tumorigenic data. When heated todecomposition it emits acrid smoke and irritating vapors.
- PROPYLENE GLYCOL Antioxidant 168 ANTIOXIDANT Calcium Propionate Diethylene glycol Triethylene glycol (2-METHYL-1H-INDOL-3-YL)-OXO-ACETIC ACID ETHYL ESTER Ethylene glycol diacetate Antioxidant 1520 Ethylene glycol Complex antioxidant Butylated hydroxyanisole Butylated Hydroxytoluene O,O'-Dioctadecylpentaerythritol bis(phosphite) OCTYLPHENYLPOLYETHYLENE GLYCOL Antioxidant 1010 Antioxidant 1330 CHLOROPHOSPHONAZO III
- Company Name:RIANLON CORPORATION Gold
- Tel:18522148977 22-8371-8817
- Company Name:Deltachem (Qingdao) Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:Tianjin Zhongxin Chemtech Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:BeiJing Hwrk Chemicals Limted
- Tel:010-57411838 010-57411839-