ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Organic Chemistry > Alcohols,Phenols,Phenol alcohols > Phenol Alcohols derivatives > Antioxidant 1520
Basic information Characterization Physical Properties Application Features Guidelines for uses Handling and Safety Uses Safety Related Supplier
Antioxidant 1520 Chemical Properties
- Boiling point:532.2±45.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 0.990±0.06 g/cm3(Predicted)
- CAS DataBase Reference110553-27-0(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemPhenol, 2-methyl-4,6-bis[(octylthio)methyl]- (110553-27-0)
Antioxidant 1520 Usage And Synthesis
- CharacterizationAntioxidant 1520 is a multifunctional liquid phenolic antioxidant for organic substrates such as elastomers, plastics, adhesives, sealants, oils and lubricants. It effectively protects the substrate against thermo-oxidative degradation during processing and long-term heat aging. Antioxidant 1520 is nonstaining, non-discoloring, low in volatility, and stable to light and heat. Antioxidant 1520 is specially recommended for emulsion and solution polymerized elastomers, such as BR, SBR, NBR, SBS and others.
- Physical Properties
- ApplicationAntioxidant 1520 is an effective thermo-oxidative stabilizer in a wide range of solution polymerized, emulsion polymerized and thermoplastic elastomers including: BR, SBR, NBR, IR, SBS, and SIS as well as natural rubber. The antioxidant is effective both as a raw elastomer and compound stabilizer. It is also effective in various adhesive and sealant applications and latex applications. Antioxidant 1520 is not recommended for odor sensitive hot melt adhesives or their raw materials.
- FeaturesAntioxidant 1520 is unique in its ability to provide both processing and long-term heat aging stability used alone, at low levels and without costabilizers. Where necessary Antioxidant 1520 can be used with other additives such as secondary antioxidants, benzofuranone, light stabilizers and other functional stabilizers.
The effectiveness of these products in a wide range of elastomers coupled with extensive food contact approvals makes Antioxidant 1520 an excellent choice where consolidation of antioxidant systems is desirable. In addition, the liquid, low viscosity nature of Antioxidant 1520 makes bulk delivery and storage very convenient.
- Guidelines for usesThe normal usage levels for Antioxidant 1520 range between 0.05 and 0.3%. For special applications and, depending on substrate, manufacturing process and performance requirements, the optimal concentration may be as high as 1.0% or even more.
- Handling and SafetyIn accordance with good industrial practice, handle with care and prevent contamination of the environment. For more detailed information please refer to the material safety data sheet.
- UsesAntioxidant 1520 is a multifunctional liquid phenolic antioxidant with highly effective stabilization for organic materials such as elastomers, plastics, adhesives sealants, oils and lubricants. It protects these materials against thermo-oxidative degradation. It can be applied for emulsion and solution polymerized elastomers such as BR, SBR, NBR, SBS, and others.
Antioxidant 1520 is effective both as a raw elastomer and compound stabilizer. It also effectively protects various adhesive, sealant, and latex applications. It is non-discoloring, non-staining, low in volatility, and stable to light and heat. It is not recommended for odor sensitive hot melt adhesives or their raw materials.
Antioxidant 1520 can be used alone at low levels without co-stabilizers to provide both processing and long-terms heat aging stability. If needed, it also can be used with other additives such as secondary antioxidants, benzofuranone, light stabilizers, and other functional stabilizers. The effectiveness of this product used in a wide range of elastomers is exceptional along with extensive food contact approvals.
- Company Name:RIANLON CORPORATION Gold
- Tel:18522585361 22-8371-8817
- Company Name:Tianjin Zhongxin Chemtech Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:Chembridge International Corp.(Taipei/Dongguan/Nanjing)
- Company Name:China Langchem Inc.
- Tel:15800617331 021-58956006-
- Company Name:Hunan Hui Bai Shi Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:13308453923 0731-85561039-