Basic information Characterization Physical Properties Applications Features/benefits Product forms Guidelines for use Health & Safety Uses Safety Related Supplier
Antioxidant 1330 Chemical Properties
- Melting point:248-250 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:739.54°C (rough estimate)
- Density 0.8883 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.5800 (estimate)
- Flash point:321℃
- form neat
- CAS DataBase Reference1709-70-2(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry System1,3,5-Trimethyl-2,4,6-tris(3,5-di-tert-butyl-4-hydroxybenzyl)benzene (1709-70-2)
Antioxidant 1330 Usage And Synthesis
- CharacterizationAntioxidant 1330 – a sterically hindered phenolic antioxidant – is as highly effective stabilizer for organic substrates such as polymers, synthetic fibers, elastomers, adhesives, waxes, oils and fats. It protects these substrates against thermo-oxidative degradation.
- Physical Properties
- ApplicationsAntioxidant 1330 is used in polyolefins e.g. polyethylene, polypropylene, polybutene for the stabilization of pipes, molded articles, wires and cables, dielectric films, etc.. Furthermore, it is applied in other polymers such as engineering plastics like linear polyesters, polyamides, and styrene homoand copolymers. It may also be used in PVC, polyurethanes, elastomers, adhesives, and other organic substrates.
- Features/benefitsAntioxidant 1330 has good compatibility with most substrates, high resistance to extraction and is odorless. It offers also excellent dielectrical properties. The product can be used in combination with other additives such as costabilizers (e.g. thioethers, phosphites, phosphonites), light stabilizers and other functional stabilizers. The effectiveness of the blends of Irganox 1330 with Irgafos 168 (Irganox B-blends) is particularly noteworthy. Irganox 1330 is particularly recommended for polyolefin applications requiring good water extraction resistance combined with low color development. Furthermore, Irganox 1330 reduces water carry-over in polypropylene tape extrusion.
- Product formsAntioxidant 1330 white, free-flowing powder
Antioxidant 1330 FF white, free-flowing granules
- Guidelines for useIn polyolefins, the concentration levels for Antioxidant 1330 range typically between 0.05 % and 0.3 % depending on substrate, processing conditions and long-term thermal stability requirements. The optimum level is application specific. Concentration levels of Antioxidant 1330 in hot melt adhesives range from 0.2 % to 1 %, in synthetic tackifier resins, Irganox 1330 concentration ranges between 0.1 % and 0.5 %. Extensive performance data of Irganox 1330 in various organic polymers and applications are available upon request.
- Health & SafetyAntioxidant 1330 exhibits a very low order of oral toxicity and does not present any abnormal problems in its handling or general use. Detailed information on handling and any precautions to be observed in the use of the product(s) described in this leaflet can be found in our relevant health and safety information sheet.
- Uses1,3,5-trimethyl-2,4,6-tris(3,5-di-t-butyl-4-hydroxybenzyl)benzene, commercially known as Irganox 1330 and Ethanox 330, is a sterically hindered phenolic antioxidant that protects organic substrates against thermo-oxidative degradation.
Irganox 1330 / Ethanox 330 is used in polyolefins (e.g., polyethylene, polypropylene, polybutene) for the stabilization of pipes, molded articles, wires and cables, dielectric films and in other polymers such as engineering plastics like linear polyesters, polyamides, and styrene homo- and copolymers. It may also be used in PVC, polyurethanes, elastomers, adhesives, and other organic substrates.
This product has been regulated by the FDA for use in all polymers at a maximum level of 0.5% except for nylon resins where the maximum use level is 1%. The resultant polymers would conceivably contact all food types with no temperature restrictions.
- Chemical PropertiesFree-flowing, white, crystalline powder; no odor. Partially soluble in benzene and methylene chloride; insoluble in water. Permissible in contact with food products. Combustible.
- UsesAntioxidant for polypropylene, high-density polyethylene, spandex fibers, polyamides, and specialty rubbers.
- Safety ProfileModerately toxic by ingestion. An experimental teratogen. When heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and irritating fumes.
- Antioxidant 1098 Antioxidant 1135 Calcium bis[monoethyl(3,5-di-tert-butyl-4-hydroxylbenzyl)phosphonate] Antioxidant 5057 Diethyl 3,5-di-tert-butyl-4-hydroxybenzyl phosphate 3,5-Bis(1,1-dimethylethyl)-4-hydroxybenzenepropanoic acid thiodi-2,1-ethanediyl ester hydrazide Sumilizer AG 80 IRGANOX 3052 Antioxidant 245 Tris(3,5-di-tert-butyl-4-hydroxybenzyl) isocyanurate tert-Butyl methyl ether ANTIOXIDANT Antioxidant 168 tert-Butyl peroxyacetate Antioxidant 1520 Butylated Hydroxytoluene Butylated hydroxyanisole
- Company Name:RIANLON CORPORATION Gold
- Tel:18522148977 22-8371-8817
- Company Name:Tianjin Zhongxin Chemtech Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009