ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Circulatory system drugs > Anti Shock vasoactive drugs > Olanzapine
Olanzapine Chemical Properties
- Melting point:195°C
- Boiling point:476.0±55.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.32±0.1 g/cm3(Predicted)
- Flash point:2℃
- storage temp. -20°C Freezer
- solubility DMSO: >15mg/mL
- form powder
- color yellow
- Merck 14,6822
- BRN 7655141
- CAS DataBase Reference132539-06-1(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceOlanzapine(132539-06-1)
Olanzapine Usage And Synthesis
- AntipsychoticsOlanzapine also known as olanzapine, olanzapine Oran, is a common antipsychotic drugs, clinically used to control schizophrenia, bipolar mania and agitation symptoms of dementia, it can significantly improve schizophrenia negative (for example: apathy, emotional and social withdrawal, poverty of speech), positive symptoms (such as: delusions, hallucinations, thought disorder, hostility and suspicion), and it may also relieve common secondary schizophrenia and related disorders affective symptoms.
Good oral absorption, it needs 5-8 hours to reach the peak plasma concentration, and it is not affected by eating, it is metabolized in the liver through a combination of oxidation ; the major circulating metabolite is the 10-N-glucuronide.
Animal experiments show that olanzapine displays affinity on multiple receptors 5-HT, dopamine D, α-adrenergic, histamine H et , the affinity with 5-HT2 receptor in vitro and in vivo is greater than its affinity for dopamine D2 receptors.
Animal behavior studies show that olanzapine has a 5-HT, dopamine, and cholinergic antagonism effect, and it is consistent with its receptor binding situation.
Electrophysiological studies show that olanzapine selectively reduces the limbic system (A10) dopaminergic neurons discharge, while the effect on the striatal (A9) motor path function is very small. In the reaction below to produce froze dosage levels, it can reduce the conditioned avoidance response. Different with other antipsychotics, olanzapine increases the anxiolytic response in test .
The above information is edited by the chemicalbook of Tian Ye.
- Chemical propertiesCrystallization from acetonitrile, melting point of 195 ℃.
- UsesUsed to control schizophrenia, bipolar mania and other diseases
- Production method4-amino-2-methyl-10H-thieno [2,3-b] [1,5] benzo-diazepin-hydrochloride and N-methylpiperazine in toluene and dimethylsulfoxide , reflux under nitrogen for 20h, to obtain olanzapine.
- DescriptionZyprexa was launched in Canada, Germany, the UK and US as an antipsychotic agent. Prepared in three steps via the intermediate diazepinone, it is an atypical antipsychotic with a high affinity for dopaminergic and serotonergic receptors. Specifically, olazapine is a potent 5-HT2/D2 antagonist with anticholinergic activity. It has a greater antagonistic effect at 5-HT2a than at dopamine D2 receptors and in vivo is clozapine-like. Thus it is less likely to produce extrapyramidal side effects and does not produce any granulocytopenia. Its 10 metabolic products are all inactive.
- Chemical PropertiesYellow Crystalline Powder
- OriginatorLilly (USA)
- UsesA serotonin (5-HT2) and dopamine (D1/D2) receptor antagonist with anticholinergic activity. Antipsychotic.
- Usesintermediate for Imidacloprid, Indobufen, Nitroguanidine, Nalorphine, Tazarotene, Trovafloxacin
- Usesanti-ulcer, gastrointestinal-emptying agent enhances motility in the upper gastrointestinal tract
- DefinitionChEBI: A benzodiazepine that is 10H-thieno[2,3-b][1,5]benzodiazepine substituted by a methyl group at position 2 and a 4-methylpiperazin-1-yl group at position 4.
- Manufacturing Process1. 2-Amino-5-methylthiophene-3-carbonitrile
A mixture of sulphur (217.8 g, 6.79 mol), propionaldehyde (472.5 g, 587 mL, 8.13 mol) and dimethylformamide (1350 m) was placed in a 5 liter flangenecked flask fitted with air stirrer, air condenser, thermometer and dropping funnel. Triethylamine (576 mL, 4.13 mol) was added dropwise over 30 minutes to the cooled stirred reaction mixture whilst maintaining the pot temperature between 5°-10°C with an ice-bath. After addition was complete the pot was allowed to warm up to 18°C over 50 minutes, keeping the mixture well stirred. Then a solution of malononitrile (450 g, 6.8 mol) in dimethylformamide (900 mL) was added dropwise over 70 minutes keeping the pot temperature around 20°C throughout the addition. After addition was complete the mixture was stirred at 15°-20°C for a further 45 minutes then sampled for TLC. The mixture was then poured onto ice (4 liters)/water (8 liters) with stirring and this caused the required product to precipitate. After 10 minutes the stirrer was switched off and the solid allowed to settle. The aqueous liquor was decanted away and the solid isolated by filtration. The isolated solid was well washed with water (de-ionised, 4 liters), then dried over night in vacuo at 70°-75°C to give the title compound (585 g), m.p. 100°C.
2. 2-(2-Nitroanilino)-5-methylthiophene-3-carbonitrile To a stirred slurry of sodium hydride (14.4 g, 50% dispersion in oil, 0.3 mol) in dry tetrahydrofuran (50 mL) under nitrogen was added, dropwise, a solution of 2-fluoronitrobenzene (28.2 g, 0.2 mol) and 2-amino-5methylthiophene3-carbonitrile (27.6 g, 0.2 mol) in dry tetrahydrofuran (250 mL). The mixture was stirred at 25°C for 24 hours, poured onto cracked ice and extracted into dichloromethane (3 times 500 mL). The combined extracts were washed with 2 N hydrochloric acid (2 times 200 mL), water (2 times 200 mL), dried over magnesium sulphate and the solvent removed under reduced pressure. The residue was crystallised from ethanol to give the title compound, (35.2 g), m.p. 99°-102°C.
3. 4-Amino-2-methyl-10H-thieno[2,3-b][1,5]benzodiazepine, hydrochloride To a stirred slurry of 2-(2-nitroanilino)-5-methylthiophene-3-carbonitrile (3 g, 0.011 mol) in ethanol (35 mL) at 50°C was added, over 10 minutes, a solution of anhydrous stannous chloride (6.95 g, 0.037 mol) in hydrochloric acid (26 mL, 5 M). The mixture was stirred under reflux for 1 hour, concentrated under reduced pressure and allowed to crystallise over night at 5°C. The salt was filtered, washed with a small amount of water, dried (4.3 g) m.p. >250°C, and used without further purification in the next stage.
4. 2-Methyl-10-(4-methyl-1-piperazinyl)-4H-thieno[2,3-b][1,5]benzodiazepine Crude 4-amino-2-methyl-10H-thieno[2,3-b][1,5]benzodiazepine, hydrochloride (4.3 g) was refluxed in a mixture of N-methylpiperazine (15 mL), dimethylsulfoxide (20 mL) and toluene (20 mL) under a nitrogen atmosphere for 20 hours. The mixture was cooled to ca. 50°C, water (20 mL) added, and the product allowed to crystallise at 5°C over night. The product was filtered and crystallised from acetonitrile (30 mL) to give the title compound (1.65 g) m.p. 195°C. The structure of the compound was confirmed spectroscopically
- brand nameZyprexa (Lilly).
- Therapeutic Function Antipsychotic
- General DescriptionOlanzapine, 2-methyl-4-(4-methyl-1-piperazinyl)-10H-thieno[2,3-b][1,5] benzodiazepine (Zyprexa), isa yellow crystalline solid that is essentially insoluble in water.Olanzapine orally disintegrating tablets (Zyprexa Zydis) is asolid dosage form that immediately disintegrates when exposedto saliva. This product is useful for elderly patients whohave difficulty in swallowing. An injectable form, olanzapinefor injection (Zyprexa IM), is indicated for agitation associatedwith schizophrenia or bipolar I mania. Olanzapine iscombined with fluoxetine (Symbyax) for use in depressionthat is associated with bipolar I disorder. Peak concentrationsof oral olanzapine are reached at 6 hours after oral administration,and absorption of the compound is not affected byfood.
Olanzapine binds with high affinity at DA D2, 5-HT2A,5-HT2C, 5-HT6,α1, and H1 histamine receptors. The effectsof olanzapine for the treatment of schizophrenia are presumablymediated through antagonism at D2 and 5-HT2Areceptors.The use of olanzapine in acute maniathat is associated with bipolar I disorder is thought to bemediated by antagonism at D2 and other monamine receptors.Additionally, olanzapine is postulated to produce itsmood stabilizing and antidepressant effects through 5-HT2Areceptor blockade and increased cortical DA and NE concentrations.Several studies have investigated the effectof olanzapine-induced weight gain and new-onset type 2diabetes.In a comparison study with risperidone,olanzapine was shown to have a greater risk of producingdyslipidemia and type 2 diabetes.
- Clinical UseThe thienobenzodiazepine olanzapine is an effective atypical antipsychotic agent that is close in structure to clozapine but has a somewhat different neuropharmacological profile, in that it is a more potent antagonist at dopamine D2 and, especially, serotonin 5-HT2A receptors. Olanzapine is well absorbed after oral administration and is metabolized mainly by CYP1A2 to inactive metabolites, with a variable half-life of approximately 20 to 50 hours.
Olanzapine Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Raw materials
- Benzodiazepine OLANZAPINE N-OXIDE 2-Ethyl-4-(4-methyl-1-piperazinyl)-7-nitro-10H-thieno(2,3-b)(1,5)benzo diazepine OLANZAPINE-METHYL-D3 GLUCURONIDE OLANZAPINE-METHYL-D3 OLANZAPINE GLUCURONIDE,Olanzapine-b-D-glucuronide Flumezapine Olanzapine Methyl acetate Methyl 1-Methylpiperazine Methyl salicylate 1,2-DIMETHYLHYDRAZINE DIHYDROCHLORIDE Kresoxim-methyl Thiophanate-methyl Methyl bromide Cephalothin Tribenuron methyl
- Company Name:Hubei widely chemical technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18602735115 027-83778895-
- Company Name:Shanghai Boyle Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Tel:Mr Qiu:021-50182298(Demestic market) Miss Xu：021-50180596（Abroad market）
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:INTATRADE GmbH
- Tel:+49 3493/605464
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801