ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Inorganic chemistry > Inorganic salts > Silicide and silicates > Sodium silicate
Sodium silicate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:1410 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:2355 °C(lit.)
- Density 2.33 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- storage temp. -20°C
- solubility H2O: soluble
- form powder
- color Colorless
- Water Solubility very slightly soluble cold H2O [MER06]
- Merck 13,8751
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with acids, most metals, many organic materials.
- CAS DataBase Reference1344-09-8(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemSodium silicate (1344-09-8)
- Hazard Codes F,Xi,T,C
- Risk Statements 11-36/38-34-23/24/25-36/37/38-35-20/21/22-37
- Safety Statements 26-36/37-45-7/9-28-36/37/39-36-27
- RIDADR UN 2922 8/PG 2
- WGK Germany 2
- RTECS VW0400000
- F 34
- HazardClass 8
- PackingGroup II
- HS Code 28391910
- Hazardous Substances Data1344-09-8(Hazardous Substances Data)
- ToxicityLD50 oral in rat: 1960mg/kg
Sodium silicate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesSodium silicate,NA2Si03 also known as a liquid glass, silicate of soda, sodium metasilicate, and soluble glass, is a grayish-white crystalline powder that has a melting point of 1088 °C (1990 °F). It is soluble in water and has strong detergent and emulsifying properties. Sodium silicate is used to fireproof textiles, insulate electric wire, protect wood and porous stone, grease proof paper containers, and as a catalyst in refining high-octane gasoline.
- UsesLining Bessemer converters, acid concentrators. manufacture of grindstones, abrasive wheels (as binder only).
- UsesSodium Silicate is a product used as a preservative for eggs.
- UsesSodium silicate (Na2O) is known as “water glass” and is used in water treatment and in making soaps, detergents, adhesives, drilling fluids, bleaches.
- UsesSodium silicate (Na2SiO3), better known as water glass, is one of the few silicon compounds that dissolves in water.It is used in the manufacture of soaps, adhesives, and food preservatives.
- DefinitionChEBI: An inorganic sodium salt having silicate as the counterion.
- Industrial usesSodium silicate (liquid silicate, metso or sodium silicate beads) has the general formula Na2SiO3. The liquid silicates (“O” and “N” brand) are clear, thick liquids, while silicate powder is a granular, white substance. Sodium silicate is a mixture of sodium or potassium salts. Sodium silicates are primarily used in mineral flotation practice.
- Industrial usesSodium silicate is widely used in mineral flotation as depressant, dispersant and as controlling agent of some soluble ions For example, sodium silicate interacts with calcium ions in solution forming nearly insoluble calcium silicate. For industrial and sulfatetype minerals (barite), sodium silicate is usually part of the reagent scheme. Sodium silicate is extensively used in base-metal flotation.
- Purification MethodsSodium silicate solution [1344-09-8] pK 1 9.51, pK 2 11.77 (for silicic acid, H4S i O4) Purify by contact filtration with activated charcoal.
Sodium silicate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Raw materialsSodium hydroxideSulfuric acid Sodium carbonateSodium sulfateSilicon dioxideBoron tribromide HEAVY CUT RESIDUE OILSODIUM SULFATE DECAHYDRATESilicon dioxide1,4-NaphthoquinoneSilica sandCaustic Soda(liquid)30％-48％ SG Cat Sand
- Preparation ProductsAcroleinSilicon dioxideSilicon dioxideSynthetic detergentSodium percarbonateZirconium dioxide Interior and exterior wall coatinganti water resistance to alkali,anti low temperature coatingLead chromateDeinking agent for paperSilica gel,microporous roundnessSODIUM METASILICATE PENTAHYDRATEzeolite，L-typeZirconium sulphateAluminosilicatehigh effective scouring agent FBLITHIUM METASILICATEBarium boron oxidedetergent EAFSodium metasilicatePERLITE BEADS GRADE 5coagulant TX-203Modified water glass
- zirconium silicate Sodium chlorite Diclofenac sodium SODIUM SILICATE, META,Sodium silicate: (Sodium metasilicate),Sodium Silicate, meta, anhydrous 8-CHLOROADENOSINE-3',5'-CYCLIC MONOPHOSPHOROTHIOATE, RP-ISOMER SODIUM SALT Sodium sulfate Sodium chloride SODIUM TRISILICATE HYDRATE SODIUM SILICATE, META NONAHYDRATE Sodium fluorosilicate Sodium silicate Sodium citrate sodium Sodium bicarbonate SILICATE Sodium acetate Sodium benzoate Silicic acid, calcium salt
Sodium silicate SupplierMore
- Company Name:Jiangxi yigao chemical industry development co. LTD Gold
- Company Name:Wuhan Ji Ye Sheng Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Jiangsu aikang biomedical research and development co., LTD Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Beijing dtftchem Technology Co., Ltd.
- Nov 26，2019