ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Circulatory system drugs > Angina Pectoris Drugs > Fasudil hydrochloride
Basic information Indications and Usage Mechanisms of Action Adverse reactions Warnings and Precautions Safety Related Supplier
Fasudil hydrochloride Chemical Properties
- Melting point:220.5°; mp 219.3° (Shirotani)
- solubility H2O: >200 mg/mL
- form solid
- color white
- Water Solubility Soluble in water and dimethyl sulfoxide. Insoluble in ethanol.
- Merck 14,3942
- CAS DataBase Reference105628-07-7(CAS DataBase Reference)
Fasudil hydrochloride Usage And Synthesis
- Indications and UsageFasudil Hydrochloride is a new drug with a wide range of pharmacological effects, developed by Asahi Kasei Corporation (Japan.) It is a cardiovascular and cerebrovascular drug which improves symptoms of ischemic cerebrovascular disease such as cerebral vasospasm following subarachnoid hemorrhage. It has significant neuroprotective and therapeutic effects for ischemic cerebrovascular disease, and is suited for clinical use, particularly at the grassroots level to reduce mortality and improve quality of life.
- Mechanisms of ActionFasudil Hydrochloride is an isoquinoline sulfonamide derivative which can relax separated cerebral blood vessels, inhibit the shrinkage of separated blood vessels caused by calcium influx, inhibit different mechanisms of brain blood vessel contraction from contractile agents, and inhibit intracellular calcium ion activity without reducing calcium ion concentration. Fasudil Hydrochloride is an RHO kinase inhibitor which dilates vessels, reduces tension of endothelial cells, and improves microcirculation of brain tissue without producing or exacerbating diversion of blood to the brain, by increasing activity of myosin light chain phosphatase. At the same time, it can protect nerves against apoptosis and promote their regeneration. Fasudil Hydrochloride promotes recovery of neural function and reduces clinical symptoms.
- Adverse reactionsAdverse reactions after use can include intracranial hemorrhage, gastrointestinal bleeding, pulmonary hemorrhage, nasal bleeding, subcutaneous bleeding, and loss of consciousness, etc., as well as abnormal liver function. Low blood pressure, anemia, leukopenia, renal dysfunction, polyuria, rashes, and fever, etc. occur occasionally.
- Warnings and PrecautionsPatients with intracranial hemorrhage or possibility thereof, or low blood pressure, should not use. Patients with diabetes mellitus, cerebral arterial sclerosis, severe disturbance of consciousness, subarachnoid hemorrhages with cerebrovascular disorders, and liver or kidney dysfunction, or those over 70 years old, pregnant, or children should use with caution. Breastfeeding women should stop while using the drug. Fasudil Hydrochloride can only be administered via intravenous drip.
- DescriptionFasudil hydrochloride, a novel calcium antagonistic vasodilator, was marketed for the treatment of cerebral vasospasm following subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH). Fasudil is also a potent inhibitor of myosin light chain kinase and protein kinase C. In contrast to other calcium channel blockers, which regulate the influx of calcium ions through the cell membrane but not involved in the intracellular regulatory mechanism of the calcium, fasudil was suggested to have an intracellular mode of action in relaxing vascular smooth muscle. In patients with neurological deficits due to vasospasm, fasudil decreased the occurrence of angiographic severe and symptomatic vasospasm and cerebral infarction without decreasing systemic blood pressure. Fasudil is reportedly in clinical trials for acute ischemic stroke, sequelae of cerebral vascular diseases and angina pectoris.
- OriginatorAsahi Chemical (Japan)
- Usesvasodilator, potent Rho-kinase inhibitor
- brand nameEril
- FADROZOLE HYDROCHLORIDE Vildagliptin Vinpocetine Cefazedone sodium salt Dibutyryl adenosine cyclophosphate calcium Fasudil hydrochloride Isoquinoline Topotecan hydrochloride Triethylamine hydrochloride monohydrochloride FASUDIL Pyridine hydrochloride Tramadol hydrochloride Methoxyammonium chloride Rimantadine Sibutramine hydrochloride D-Glucosamine hydrochloride 1,8-Diazabicyclo[5.4.0]undec-7-ene
- Company Name:Suzhou Langen Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Xi'an Laina Biotechnology Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:Shanghai Boyle Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-