Basic information Chemical Properties Usage Usage limitation Preparation Content analysis Category Toxicity grade Toxicity Acute toxicity Stimulus data Flammability hazard characteristics Storage Fire extinguishing agent Safety Related Supplier
Isoquinoline Chemical Properties
- Melting point:26-28 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:242-243 °C(lit.)
- Density 1.099 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- FEMA 2978 | ISOQUINOLINE
- refractive index n
- Flash point:225 °F
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- solubility 5g/l
- pka5.42(at 20℃)
- form Low Melting Solid
- color Light brown
- PH7.5 (5g/l, H2O, 20℃)
- Water Solubility practically insoluble
- JECFA Number1303
- Merck 14,5222
- BRN 107549
- CAS DataBase Reference119-65-3(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceIsoquinoline(119-65-3)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemIsoquinoline (119-65-3)
Isoquinoline Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesColorless flaky crystal or liquid, similar fragrance to bitter almonds and Chervil, sweet taste, melting point 23℃，boiling point 243℃, soluble in ethanol and non-volatile oil, diluted inorganic acid and most organic solvents, slightly soluble in water.
- A kind of Spice
- Mainly used for the preparation of vanilla spice.
- Used in the production of pesticides, medicine, rubber accelerator, color film sensitizing agent, dyes, anion exchange resin and so on.
- Used as gas chromatographic stationary liquid and analytical reagent,
- Used in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Used for the production of drugs for prevention and treatment of schistosomiasis (praziquantel), antimalarial, chemical reagents, etc.
- Isoquinoline can be oxidized to produce Pyridine carboxylic acid And Its derivatives can be used for the production of color films and dyes. It can be used as Iron preservative, soluble phenolic resin curing agent, etc. Its Addition compounds formed with metals can be used for the quantitative determination of nickel and cadmium and the qualitative determination of noble metal. Isoquinoline can also be used as a catalyst in the benzoylation reaction and polymerization of α-olefin.
- Usage limitationFEMA(mg/kg): Soft drinks 0.25,, cold drinks 0.25, sweets1.0； bakery products 0.004-1.0, moderate use (FDA§172．515，2000).
- PreparationCrude quinoline containing 83% quinoline, 15% isoquinoline and 2% methyl quinoline can be used as the raw material for the production of isoquinoline. However, the Distillation section from 237.5-239.5℃ and 243-246℃ is generally collected and used as the raw material for the extraction of isoquinoline. 13-28% of 2-methyl quinoline and 3.9% quinoline can be separated from this distillation section in the form of hydrochloride salt.
The isoquinoline fraction reacted with 98% sulfuric acid at 35℃ in alcohol solution to produce isoquinoline sulfonate. Isoquinoline sulfonate crystallizes faster than its homologues in the cooling process. After filtration, recrystallization was carried out with 85% ethanol, and then decomposed with 20% ammonia water. The generated oil layer was firstly washed with water, and then rectified to collect the fraction at242-243℃to obtain Isoquinoline with purity greater than 95% It is separated by repeated freezing the coal tar with the boiling rangeat 238～250℃.
- Content analysisDetermined by Gas chromatography and liquid chromatography and the chromatographic test conditions are the same as α-allyl ionone (03411).
- Categoryflammable liquid
- Toxicity grademiddle toxic
- Acute toxicityOral – rat LD50: 360mg/kg
- Stimulus dataSkin-rabbit 10 mg/24h mild; eye-rabbit 250 μg severe.
- Flammability hazard characteristicsFlammable in case of fire, high temperature and oxidants, Combustion produces toxic nitrogen oxide smog.
- StorageCompletely packed, handle with care; Ventilated warehouse, away from open flame, high temperature, separated from strong acids.
- Fire extinguishing agentfoam, carbon dioxide, dry powder, dry sand, water spray.
- DescriptionIsoquinoline has an odor reminiscent of benzaldehyde and anise. Isoquinoline may be obtained from coal tar (238 - 250°C boiling fraction); it is isolated as the sulfate or as is by repeated freezing.
- Chemical PropertiesIsoquinoline has a heavy sweet balsamic, herbaceous odor.
- Chemical PropertiesLIGHT BROWN LOW MELTLING SOLID
- OccurrenceReported found in milk and dried bonito; also occurs in coal tar, where it is formed during the dry distillation of coal
- UsesManufacture of pharmaceuticals (such as nicotinic acid), dyes, insecticides, rubber accelerators, and in organic synthesis.
- UsesIt is used in the manufacture of dyes, pharmaceuticals,and insecticides, and as an antimalarialagent.
- PreparationObtained from coal tar (238 to 250°C boiling fraction); it is isolated as the sulfate or as is by repeated freezing
- DefinitionChEBI: An ortho-fused heteroarene that is a benzopyridine in which the N atom not directly attached to the benzene ring.
- HazardToxic by ingestion.
- Health HazardThe toxic properties of this compound aresimilar to those of quinoline. It is moderatelytoxic in rats and rabbits by oral routeand skin absorption. The oral LD50 value inrats is 360 mg/kg. The irritation effects onskin and eyes in rabbits were moderate tosevere. Carcinogenicity due to isoquinolinein animals or humans is not known. The histidinereversion–Ames test for mutagenicitywas inconclusive.
- Fire HazardNoncombustible liquid (solid).
- Purification MethodsDry isoquinoline with Linde type 5A molecular sieves or Na2SO4 and fractionally distil at reduced pressure. Alternatively, it can be refluxed with, and distilled from, BaO. It is also purified by fractional crystallisation from the melt and distilled from zinc dust. It forms a phosphate (m 135o) and a picrate (m 223o), which are purified by crystallisation, and the free base can be recovered and distilled. [Packer et al. J Am Chem Soc 80 905 1958.] The procedure for purification via the picrate comprises the addition of quinoline to picric acid dissolved in the minimum volume of 95% EtOH to yield yellow crystals which are washed with EtOH and air dried before recrystallising from acetonitrile. The crystals are dissolved in dimethyl sulfoxide (previously dried over 4A molecular sieves) and passed through a basic alumina column, on which picric acid is adsorbed. The free base in the effluent is extracted with n-pentane and distilled under vacuum. Traces of solvent from small quantities are removed by vapour phase chromatography. The hydrochloride crystallises from EtOH with m 193o. [Mooman & Anton J Phys Chem 80 2243 1976, Beilstein 20 II 236, 20 III/IV 3410, 20/7 V 333.]
Isoquinoline Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Raw materialsCOAL TARQuinaldine5-Methylquinoline
- Preparation ProductsQuinoline8-Aminoisoquinoline8-BromoisoquinolinePraziquantelQuinaldine4-Isoquinolineboronic acidDyestuff4-Bromo-1-chloroisoquinolineISOQUINOLINE-5-SULFONYL CHLORIDE5-Hydroxyisoquinoline1-Isoquinolinecarbonitrile5-Isoquinolinesulfonic acidISOQUINOLINE N-OXIDEIsoquinoline-4-carbaldehyde1-CYANO-2-BENZOYL-1,2-DIHYDROISOQUINOLINELYCORINEFASUDIL
- 2-(4-METHOXY-BENZYL)-7-TRIFLUOROMETHYL-1,2,3,4-TETRAHYDRO-ISOQUINOLINE-3-CARBOXYLIC ACID HYDROCHLORIDE SANGUINARINE CHLORIDE Palmatine chloride 4-Bromoisoquinoline Ethidium bromide CORALYNE CHLORIDE HYDRATE, 98+% 5-Aminoisoquinoline 5-Nitroisoquinoline Papaverine hydrochloride Propidium iodide PHENANTHRIDINE BERBERINE CHLORIDE Isocarbostyril Dimidium bromide ELLIPTICINE Isoquinoline Isoquinoline-1-carboxylic acid 5-Bromoisoquinoline
- Company Name:Tocopharm Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13776836200 021-69895597-
- Products Intro:Product Name:isoquinoline
- Company Name:Shanghai YouPeng Chemical Co. Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13701776567 021-69002118-
- Products Intro:CAS:119-65-3
- Company Name:Hangzhou YiDi Industrial Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18069800150 0571-82609104-
- Products Intro:Product Name:Isoquinoline
- Company Name:Beijing Ouhe Technology Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:13552068683 010-82967028-
- Products Intro:Product Name:Isoquinoline
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Products Intro:Product Name:Isoquinoline, 98%