ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Antiparasitic drugs > Antiamoebic and anti-trichomoniasis drugs > LYCORINE
LYCORINE Chemical Properties
- Melting point:253-255℃ (dec.)
- alpha D16 -129° (c = 0.16 in 98% alc)
- Boiling point:429.61°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.53
- refractive index 1.5500 (estimate)
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- form powder
LYCORINE Usage And Synthesis
- UsesLycorine is an analgesic, more so than aspirin, and a hypotensive, as are caranine and galanthine . The analgesic activity exhibited by the Amaryllidaceae alkaloids is attributed to their resemblance to the morphine and codeine skeletons. Lycorine also has antiarrhythmic action, and lycorine hydrochloride is a strong broncholytic. In fact, lycorine shows a relaxant effect on an isolated epinephrine-precontracted pulmonary artery and increases contractility and the rate of an isolated perfused heart. These effects are mediated by stimulation of b-adrenergic receptors.
Lycorine also has a strong inhibitory effect on parasite (Encephalitozoon intestinalis) development and antifungal activity against Candida albicans. Additionally, lycorine has antifeedant, antimalarial, emetic, anti-inflammatory, antiplatelet , as well as antifertility activities. Galanthine, in turn, shows mild in vitro activity against Tripanosoma brucei rhodesiense and Plasmodium falciparum.
- DefinitionChEBI: An indolizidine alkaloid that is 3,12-didehydrogalanthan substituted by hydroxy groups at positions and 2 and a methylenedioxy group across positions 9 and 10. Isolated from Crinum asiaticum, it has been shown to exhibit antimalarial activit .
- Purification MethodsIt crystallises as orange crystals from MeOH (m 281-283o), CHCl3/EtOH (m 272-274o), pyridine or from EtOH (m 277o, dec). It has been distilled under high vacuum. The hydrochloride has m 288o (from MeOH/HCl), and the picrate has m 196-197o(from EtOH), [Cook et al. J Chem Soc 4176 1954, Martin & Tu J Org Chem 46 3763 1981, Beilstein 27 II 547, 27 III/IV 6463.]
LYCORINE Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Raw materialsIsoquinoline
- Company Name:Sichuan BioCrick Biotech Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:BOC Sciences
- Company Name:BioBioPha Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:ShangHai YuanYe Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:15800763013 021-61312847-
- Company Name:Beijing HuaMeiHuLiBiological Chemical