ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Nervous system drugs > Antidepressants, Antimanics drugs > Sibutramine hydrochloride
Sibutramine hydrochloride Chemical Properties
- Melting point:190-200°C
- storage temp. Store at RT
- CAS DataBase Reference84485-00-7(CAS DataBase Reference)
Sibutramine hydrochloride Usage And Synthesis
- Weight loss pillsSibutramine hydrochloride is a weight loss drug, it is hydrochloride salt form of sibutramine , and the pharmacological effects are fully consistent with of sibutramine , but the stability and solubility are better than sibutramine.
Sibutramine hydrochloride is firstly used to treat depression, in their clinical application process , people find that the effect of weight loss is significantly stronger than the effect of the antidepressant . On one hand ,by inhibiting the reuptake of serotonin, which makes the body reduce hunger, it can suppress appetite and control caloric intake effectively ; on the other hand, by activating the adrenergic receptors, which increases adipose tissue consumption, it can increase metabolism and energy consumption;it has obvious weight loss effect, but it may cause endangering serious side effects such as high blood pressure, high heart rate, anorexia, insomnia, abnormal liver function.
The above information is edited by the chemicalbook of Tian Ye.
- PrecautionsSibutramine hydrochloride belongs to the serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors, it has the dual role of inhibiting appetite and enhancing metabolism, it can be used for the treatment of obesity which diet and exercise can not control.
There are many taboos in clinical practice of sibutramine hydrochloride , for example, patients with severe hypertension or patients with severe liver and kidney dysfunction, or patients with angle-closure glaucoma and women after childbirth, should not use it . Because the physiological effects of 16 years old or younger minors have not yet been confirmed, use of it should be prohibited. Also doses should be strictly controlled by users, the recommended starting dose is 10 mg per day for adults, the maximum should not exceed 15 mg. If there is overdose, patients should go to hospital for treatment, there is no specific antidote, only symptomatic treatment can be taken in clinic.
- UsesIt is used as an antidepressant.
- UsesAnorexic; antidepressant.
- brand nameMeridia (Abbott).
- Biological Activity5-HT and noradrenalin re-uptake inhibitor (SNRI). Produces weight loss in rats via inhibition of food intake and increased energy expenditure. Antidepressant.
Sibutramine hydrochloride Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation ProductsSibutramine
- Sibutramine Hydrochloride Monohydrate N-DI-DESMETHYL SIBUTRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE DESMETHYL SIBUTRAMINE, HYDROCHLORIDE SALT N,N-Dimethylformamide tert-Butyl methyl ether Dimethyl sebacate ETHANE Dimethyl fumarate Dimethyl ether Dimethyl carbonate tert-Butyldimethylsilyl chloride Chlorodimethylphenylsilane Dimethylamine hydrochloride Silicone oil (high temperature) Sibutramine hydrochloride methylphenyl silicone resin Sibutramine Topotecan hydrochloride
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:ShangHai DEMO Chemical Co.,Ltd
- Tel:400-021-7337 qq:2355568890
- Email:email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company Name:JinYan Chemicals(ShangHai) Co.,Ltd.
- Company Name:Pure Chemistry Scientific Inc.
- Tel:001-857-928-2050 or 1-888-588-9418
- Company Name:LGM Pharma