Acid Orange 10
Acid Orange 10 Chemical Properties
- Melting point:141 °C
- Density 0.80 g/mL at 20 °C
- Flash point:14 °C
- storage temp. room temp
- solubility H2O: soluble1mg/mL
- form Powder
- pka12.8(at 25℃)
- Colour Index 16230
- color Red to Orange
- PH RangeYellow (11.5) to pink (14.0)
- PH9 (10g/l, H2O, 20℃)
- Water Solubility 5 g/100 mL (20 ºC)
- λmax475 nm
- BRN 4120705
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- Biological ApplicationsDetecting lung cancer metastasis; measuring glycated proteins; ophthalmic devices
- CAS DataBase Reference1936-15-8(CAS DataBase Reference)
- IARC3 (Vol. 8, Sup 7) 1987
- EPA Substance Registry SystemC.I. Acid Orange 10, disodium salt (1936-15-8)
Acid Orange 10 Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiesorange crystals or powder
- DefinitionChEBI: An organic sodium salt that is the disodium salt of 7-hydroxy-8-[(E)-phenyldiazenyl]naphthalene-1,3-disulfonic acid. It is often combined with other yellow dyes in alcoholic solution to stain erythrocytes in trichrome methods, and is used or demonstrating cells in the pancreas and pituitary.
- Preparationaniline diazo, and 7-Hydroxynaphthalene-1,3-disulfonic acid coupling.
- General DescriptionOrange microcrystals or powder.
- Air & Water ReactionsAzo dyes can be explosive when suspended in air at specific concentrations. This organic acid has a moderate soluble in water. The resulting solutions contain concentrations of hydrogen ions and have pH's of less than 7.0. They react as acids to neutralize bases. These neutralizations generate heat, but less or far less than is generated by neutralization of inorganic acids, inorganic oxoacids, and carboxylic acid.
- Reactivity ProfileAcid Orange 10 is an azo compound. Toxic gases are formed by mixing compounds containing azo groups with acids, aldehydes, amides, carbamates, cyanides, inorganic fluorides, halogenated organics, isocyanates, ketones, metals, nitrides, peroxides, phenols, epoxides, acyl halides, and strong oxidizing or reducing agents. Flammable gases are formed by mixing materials in this group with alkali metals. Explosive combination can occur with strong oxidizing agents, metal salts, peroxides, and sulfides. Acid Orange 10 becomes redder and more dull when mixed with copper. Acid Orange 10 is almost destroyed when mixed with iron.
- Health HazardACUTE/CHRONIC HAZARDS: When heated to decomposition Acid Orange 10 emits toxic fumes of carbon oxides, nitrogen oxides, sulfur oxides and disodium oxide.
- Fire HazardFlash point data for Acid Orange 10 are not available; however, Acid Orange 10 is probably combustible.
- Properties and Applicationsbright orange. Soluble in water for orange, slightly soluble in ethanol (golden orange) and soluble fiber element, insoluble in other organic solvents. The strong sulfuric acid for yellow orange, diluted for yellow; In nitric acid solution for wine red, to orange. Its water solution and strong hydrochloric acid for yellow orange; Add nitric acid for wine red, to orange; Add thick sodium hydroxide solution for orange brown. Used for silk and wool products dyeing, also can dye paper and manufacturing ink, used in wood and color pencil manufacturing and biological dyeing.
Standard Light Fastness Soaping Persperation Fastness Oxygen bleaching Fastness to seawater Fading Stain Fading Stain Fading Stain ISO 4-5 1 5 2 1 5 2 1 AATCC 4 1 1 2 1 1 1 1
- Purification MethodsRecrystallise this dye from 75% EtOH, dry it for 3hours at 110o and keep it in a vacuum desiccator over H2SO4. The free acid crystallises from EtOH or conc HCl in deep red needles with a green reflex. [Conant & Pratt J Am Chem Soc 48 2483 1923, Drew & Landquist J Chem Soc 292 1938, Beilstein 16 H 301, 16 I 305, 16 II 141, 16 III 327.]
Acid Orange 10 Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Acid Blue 83 Acid Blue 90 CALCOZINE ACRYLIC ORANGE G CALCOFAST SPIRIT ORANGE R ACID ORANGE 156 10-DODECYLACRIDINE ORANGE BROMIDE CALCOMINE ORANGE ERL CALCODUR ORANGE ERL 10-OCTADECYLACRIDINE ORANGE BROMIDE ACID RED 114 ACID ORANGE 20 sodium Phenylacetone Ethyl 2-(Chlorosulfonyl)acetate ORANGE CHLOROPHOSPHONAZO III Diphenylsilanediol 8-CHLOROADENOSINE-3',5'-CYCLIC MONOPHOSPHOROTHIOATE, RP-ISOMER SODIUM SALT
Acid Orange 10SupplierMore
- Company Name:Hangzhou Sunshine Chemicals Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009-