ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Flavors and fragrances > Synthetic fragrances > Pyrazine spices > Ethylpyrazine
Ethylpyrazine Chemical Properties
- Melting point:155 °C
- Boiling point:152-153 °C(lit.)
- Density 0.984 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- FEMA 3281 | 2-ETHYLPYRAZINE
- refractive index n
- Flash point:109 °F
- storage temp. Flammables area
- solubility freely soluble
- form neat
- Specific Gravity0.984
- Water Solubility freely soluble
- JECFA Number762
- BRN 108200
- CAS DataBase Reference13925-00-3(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferencePyrazine, ethyl-(13925-00-3)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemPyrazine, ethyl- (13925-00-3)
Ethylpyrazine Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiesclear colorless to yellow liquid
- Chemical Properties2-Ethylpyrazine has a peanut butter, musty, nutty, woody, peanut buttery odor.
- OccurrenceReported found in bakery products, cocoa products, coffee, meat, peanuts, filberts, potato products, beer, whiskey, tea, soybeans, rice, roasted coconut, corn tortillas, shrimp, crayfish, asparagus, boiled beef, malt whiskey, and malt
- UsesEthylpyrazine is a reagent used in the synthetic preparation of various pharmaceutical goods and has been screened for potential activities as H1-antihistamine.
- DefinitionChEBI: A member of the class of pyrazines that is pyrazine in which one of the hydrogens is replaced by an ethyl group. Found particularly in cereals and cereal products, it is present in baked or fried potato, bread, roasted peanuts, and cooked shrimp, as well a cocoa, coffee, and tea. It has a musty, nutty, buttery, peanut odor and a chocolate-peanut taste.
- PreparationBy alkylation of methylpyrazine with methyliodide.
- Aroma threshold valuesDetection: 4 to 22 ppm. Aroma characteristics at 1.0%: nutty, musky, fermented, coffee, roasted, cocoa and meaty nuances.
- Taste threshold valuesTaste characteristics at 10 ppm: nutty, musty, casky, woody, potato, earthy and cocoa with a fishy nuance.
Ethylpyrazine Preparation Products And Raw materials
- 2 3-DIHYDROXY-1 4-PHENAZINEDIONE 2-Methoxy-3-sec-butyl pyrazine 2-METHYL-3-N-PROPYLPYRAZINE iso-amylpyrazine 2,3-Diethyl-5-methylpyrazine 2,4-DIAMINO-6,7-DIISOPROPYLPTERIDINE PHOSPHATE SALT Ethylpyrazine Pyrazinamide Ethyl acetate Glipizide Ethylparaben Diethyl ether Ethyl propionate ISOXADIFEN-ETHYL 2-Ethoxyethanol Hexahydro-1,3,5-tris(hydroxyethyl)-s-triazine Trinexapac-ethyl Ethyl formate
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009