ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance > Acid-base balance regulating drugs > Potassium Phosphate Dibasic
Potassium Phosphate Dibasic
Potassium Phosphate Dibasic Chemical Properties
- Melting point:340 °C
- Density 2,44 g/cm3
- storage temp. Store at RT.
- solubility H2O: 1 M at 20 °C, clear, colorless
- form Solid
- color White
- PH8.5-9.6 (25℃, 50mg/mL in H2O)
- PH Range8.8
- pka(1) 2.15, (2) 6.82, (3) 12.38 (at 25℃)
- Water Solubility 1600 g/L (20 ºC)
- λmaxλ: 260 nm Amax: ≤0.20
λ: 280 nm Amax: ≤0.15
- Sensitive Hygroscopic
- Decomposition >465°C
- Merck 14,7658
- Stability:Stable. Hygroscopic.
- CAS DataBase Reference7758-11-4(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemDipotassium phosphate (7758-11-4)
Potassium Phosphate Dibasic Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionDipotassium phosphate (K2HPO4) is a common source of phosphorus and potassium, which is often used as a fertilizer. It is also widely applied in the food industry, such as food additive and electrolyte replenisher for workout supplement. Another usage of dipotassium phosphate is as a medicine, who serves as a diuretic or laxative. Besides, it is employed in the production of imitation dairy creamers to prevent coagulation and used in certain powders to prepare beverages. In addition, it is commonly seen in chemical laboratories for producing buffer solutions and trypticase soy agar which is used to make agar plates for culturing bacteria.
- Chemical PropertiesWhite crystalline powder
- Physical propertiesWhite amorphous powder; deliquesces; decomposes on heating; converts to pyrophosphate when ignited; very soluble in water, 167 g/100mL at 20°C; very soluble in alcohol; aqueous solution slightly alkaline.
- UsesBuffer solutions.
- UsesBuffering agent in antifreeze solutions; nutrient in the culturing of antibiotics; ingredient of instant fertilizers; as sequestrant in the preparation of non-dairy powdered coffee creams.
- Usesdipotassium phosphate is used as a buffering agent to control the degree of acidity in solutions.
- UsesDipotassium Phosphate is the dipotassium salt of phosphoric acid which functions as a stabilizing salt, buffer, and sequestrant. It is mildly alkaline with a ph of 9 and is soluble in water with a solubility of 170 g/100 ml of water at 25°c. It improves the colloidal solubility of proteins. It acts as a buffer against variation in ph. For example, it is used in coffee whiteners as a buffer against ph variation in hot coffee and to prevent feathering. It also functions as an emulsifier in specified cheeses and as a buffering agent for processed foods. It is also termed dipotassium monohydrogen orthophosphate, potassium phosphate dibasic, and dipotassium monophosphate.
- DefinitionChEBI: A potassium salt that is the dipotassium salt of phosphoric acid.
- PreparationDipotassium phosphate is prepared by partial neutralization of phosphoric acid with potassium hydroxide, followed by crystallization:
H3PO4+ 2KOH →K2HPO4+ 2H2O.
Potassium Phosphate Dibasic Preparation Products And Raw materials
- ALPHA-D(+)MALTOSE 1-PHOSPHATE DIPOTASSIUM SALT POTASSIUM PYROPHOSPHATE DIPOTASSIUM DEUTERIUM PHOSPHATE 1,2-DIMYRISTOYL-SN-GLYCERO-3-DIPHOSPHOCYTIDINE POTASSIUM SALT TREHALOSE 6-PHOSPHATE DIPOTASSIUM SALT POTASSIUM GLYCEROPHOSPHATE SUCROSE 6'-MONOPHOSPHATE DIPOTASSIUM SALT ALPHA-D-GALACTOSE-1-PHOSPHATE DIPOTASSIUM SALT DIHYDRATE D-MYO-INOSITOL 1,4,5-TRISPHOSPHATE HEXAPOTASSIUM SALT CYTIDINE-5'-MONOPHOSPHATE DIPOTASSIUM SALT phosphoric acid, potassium salt INOSITOL HEXAPHOSPHORIC ACID DIPOTASSIUM SALT L-INS(1,4,5)P3, 6K Trisodium phosphate POTASSIUM CYANIDE Potassium POTASSIUM PHOSPHITE Potassium sorbate
Potassium Phosphate DibasicSupplierMore
- Company Name:Spectrum Chemical Manufacturing Corp. Gold
- Company Name:Shanghai Aladdin Bio-Chem Technology Co.,LTD Gold
- Tel:400-620-6333 021-20337333-801
- Company Name:VWR(Shanghai) Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:Shanghai Boyle Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Tel:Mr Qiu:021-50182298(Demestic market) Miss Xu：021-50180596（Abroad market）
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-