ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Inorganic chemistry > Inorganic salts > Phosphide And metal phosphates > Zinc phosphate
Zinc phosphate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:900°C
- Density 3.99
- solubility H2O: insoluble(lit.)
- form Powder
- color White
- Water Solubility Insoluble in water
- Merck 14,10151
- Solubility Product Constant (Ksp)pKsp: 32.04
- CAS DataBase Reference7779-90-0(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemTrizinc phosphate (7779-90-0)
Zinc phosphate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesWhite powder.Soluble in acids and ammonium hydroxide; insoluble in water.
- UsesDental cements; phosphors; conversion coating of steel, aluminum, and other metal surfaces.
- UsesZinc phosphate (ZP), barium metaborate, and strontium chromate pigments are also common ingredients in corrosion-inhibiting coatings. Thin wash-inhibiting primers are often formulated with chromate or phosphate pigments that are introduced in a synthetic polymeric binder such as a vinyl chloride copolymer. The variety of inorganic corrosion-inhibiting pigments includes also lead carbonate, strontium chromate, zinc oxide, and ZP.
Zinc phosphate (ZP) is the most commercially successful non-toxic inhibitive pigment used in paint formulations. Furthermore, the use of phosphates does not represent an excessive cost, and their application is even easier than other proposed alternatives for chromate pigments. This is the anticorrosive pigment most frequently used in paints. The massive use of nontoxic and environmentally acceptable ZPs developed an immense pressure for regulations that prohibited the use of red lead and chromated anticorrosion pigments. Experimental results suggest that ZP and all phosphate-based pigments (zinc-aluminum polyphosphate, ZP modified with organic corrosion inhibitor, etc.) exhibit improved anticorrosion efficiency when their concentration is increased.
- Safety ProfileModerately toxic by intraperitoneal route. When heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and irritating fumes.
Zinc phosphate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Epoxy-zinc phosphate antirust primer Zinc phosphate (dibasic) ZINC PHOSPHATE 1G [R] Ferric zinc phosphate Zinc phosphate metal primer,environmental-protection Zinc phosphinate ZINC PHOSPHATE HYDRATE Zinc phosphate(V) ZINC Sodium Phosphate Monobasic Monohydrate triphosphate Calcium phosphate ZINC PYROPHOSPHATE FERRIC PHOSPHATE Zinc phosphate phosphate Ammonium dihydrogen phosphate Zinc Dialkyl Dithio Phosphate(ZDDP)
- Company Name:Shanghai Dingfen Chemical Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:02157450129 021-37590756-
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:BeiJing Hwrk Chemicals Limted
- Tel:18600197062 0757-86311057-
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009
- Company Name:Adamas Reagent, Ltd.