Cupric acetate monohydrate
Cupric acetate monohydrate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:115 °C
- Boiling point:240 °C
- Density 1.88
- vapor density 6.9 (vs air)
- storage temp. Store at +5°C to +30°C.
- solubility 72g/l
- form Solid
- color Dark Green
- Specific Gravity1.882
- OdorSlight acetic acid odor
- PH Range5.2 - 5.5
- PH5.2-5.5 (20g/l, H2O, 20℃)
- Water Solubility 72 g/L (20 ºC)
- Hydrolytic Sensitivity0: forms stable aqueous solutions
- Merck 14,2624
- BRN 3730548
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference6046-93-1(CAS DataBase Reference)
Cupric acetate monohydrate Usage And Synthesis
- Physical PropertiesBluish-green fine powder; hygroscopic. The monohydrate is dimeric; density 1.88 g/cm3; melts at 115°C; decomposes at 240°C; soluble in water and ethanol; and slightly soluble in ether.
- UsesCopper(II) acetate is used as a pigment for ceramics; in the manufacture of Paris green; in textile dyeing; as a fungicide; and as a catalyst.
- PreparationCopper(II) acetate is prepared by treatment of copper(II) oxide, CuO, or copper(II) carbonate, CuCO3, with acetic acid, followed by crystallization:
CuO + 2CH3COOH → (CH3COO)2Cu + H2O
- ToxicityCopper(II) acetate is moderately toxic by ingestion and possibly other routes of administration.
LD50 oral (rat): c. 600 mg/kg
- Chemical PropertiesDark green small crystal with odour of acetic acid
- Chemical PropertiesCupric acetate is a greenish Blue powder or small crystals.
- UsesCupric acetate monohydrate can be used in preparation of Fehling's reagent for sugars
- PreparationCopper(II) acetate monohydrate can easily be produced by the reaction of acetic acid solutions with copper(II) carbonate or copper(II) hydroxide or by the reaction of copper(II) oxide with hot acetic acid. Large-scale commercial production uses copper metal in the presence of air and refluxing acetic acid.
Copper(II) acetate monohydrate is used as a catalyst in the polymerization of organic materials and as a mordant in the dying of textiles. It is also used as a ceramic pigment and as a fungicide.
- Potential ExposureCupric acetate is used as a fungicide, as a catalyst for organic reactions; in textile dyeing and as a pigment for ceramics.
- ShippingUN3077 Environmentally hazardous substances, solid, n.o.s., Hazard class: 9; Labels: 9-Miscellaneous hazardous material, Technical Name Required.
- Purification MethodsRecystallise it twice from warm dilute acetic acid solutions (5mL/g) by cooling. [Beilstein 2 IV 111.]
- IncompatibilitiesForms explosive materials with acetylene gas, ammonia, caustic solutions; sodium hypobromite; notromethane. Keep away from chemically active metals; strong acids; nitrates. Decomposes above 240C forming acetic acid fumes
- Waste DisposalCopper-containing soluble wastes can be concentrated through the use of ion exchange, reverse osmosis, or evaporators to the point where copper can be electrolytically removed and sent to a reclaiming firm. If recovery is not feasible, the copper can be precipitated through the use of caustics and the sludge deposited in a chemical waste landfill.
Cupric acetate monohydrate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation Products2,4-PentanedionePropionic acidAdipic acidCopper sulfate pentahydrateNabumetone2-AMINO-6-T-BUTYL-4-(TRIFLUOROMETHYL)PYRIMIDINEL-Methionine1,3-Diphenylguanidine6-METHYL-2-(METHYLSULFANYL)PYRIMIDIN-4-YLAMINE4-CHLORO-6-METHYL-2-(METHYLTHIO)PYRIMIDINEBenzilCrotonic acidDL-MethionineCopper quinolate3-FLUOROPYRIDINE-2-CARBOXYLIC ACID6-METHYL-2-(METHYLTHIO)PYRIMIDIN-4-OL2-MERCAPTO-6-METHYLPYRIMIDIN-4-OLIodoacetic acidcalcium copper phosphateDye-fixing agent M3,4-Hexanedionea copper chelate3-(Methylthio)propionaldehydeNetilmicin sulfate 3-(Methylthio)butanalphthalogen auxiliary agent K
- Raw materialsAcetic acid glacialSodium carbonateCupric sulfateCupric carbonate basic
- Copper sulfate monohydrate Copper(II) chloride dihydrate Lithium sulfate monohydrate Potassium oxalate monohydrate Manganese sulfate monohydrate Potassium citrate monohydrate Copper glycinate Fosetyl-aluminum+Cupric acetate,S.P.(30%) COPPER(II)ACETATE,BASIC Cupric Acetate TS, Stronger Moroxydine+Cupric acetate,W.P.(20%) Moroxydine+Cupric acetate,aqueous solusion CUPRIC ACETATE - ACS COPPER(II) ACETATE 98% ACS Ethylenediaminetetraacetate-copper-ammonia complex Acetic acid copper(Ⅰ) salt CUPRIC ACETATE,COPPER(II) ACETATE,COPPER(II) ACETATE H2O basic copper(II) acetate
Cupric acetate monohydrate SupplierMore
- Company Name:Guangzhou Yunmen Biotechnology Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:13902345267 0751-2819939-
- Company Name:Tianjin Zhongxin Chemtech Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:future industrial shanghai co., ltd