ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Inorganic chemistry > Inorganic salts > Metal halide and Halogen salt > Metal chlorides and salt > Copper(II) chloride dihydrate
Copper(II) chloride dihydrate
Copper(II) chloride dihydrate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:100 °C (dec.)(lit.)
- Density 2.54
- vapor density >1 (vs air)
- storage temp. Store at RT.
- solubility 757g/l
- form Solid
- color White
- Specific Gravity2.54
- PH3.0-3.8 (50g/l, H2O, 20℃)
- Water Solubility 1150 g/L
- Sensitive Air Sensitive & Hygroscopic
- Merck 14,2633
- Stability:Reacts violently with potassium, sodium. Contact with acetylene can form shock-sensitive acetylides. Hygroscopic - incompatible with moisture.
- CAS DataBase Reference10125-13-0(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemCupric chloride dihydrate (10125-13-0)
Copper(II) chloride dihydrate Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionCopper (II) chloride dihydrate is used in the preparation of copper oxychloride and as a catalyst in many organic chlorination reactions such as vinyl chloride and 1,2-dichloroethane. Copper chloride dihydrate may be also used as catalyst to cleave tetrahydropyranyl (THP) ethers and t-butyldimethylsilyl (TBDMS) ethers and to chemoselectively hydrolyze semicarbazones to carbonyl compounds. Solution of copper (II) chloride is used for plating on aluminum and for tinting germanium and tin.
- UsesCopper(II) chloride is used as a mordant in dyeing and printing of fabrics; as an ingredient of isomerization and cracking catalysts; and as a desulfurizing and deodorizing agent in petroleum industry.
Other important applications are in copper plating of aluminum; preparation of copper standard solutions; test for molybdenum; in tinting-baths for iron and tin; in pigments for ceramics and glasses; as a fixer and desensitizer reagent in photography; in mercury extraction from ores; in laundry-marking and invisible inks; and in manufacture of several copper salts.
- PreparationCopper(II) chloride may be synthesized by heating elemental copper with chlorine:
Cu + Cl2 CuCl2
Alternatively, it may be prepared by treating copper carbonate with hydrochloric acid followed by crystallization:
CuCO3 + 2HCl → CuCl2 + CO2 + H2O
In the above preparation, the hydrate of the salt crystallizes, precipitates, and may be dehydrated by heating under vacuum.
- References H. Wayne Richardson, Handbook of Copper Compounds and Applications, 1997
 Ram N. Ram and Kiran Varsha, Regeneration of carbonyl compounds from semicarbazones by copper (II) chloride dihydrate, Tetrahedron Letters, 1991, vol. 32, 5829-5832
 Z. P. Tan, L. Wang, J. Bo. Wang, Deprotection of t- Butyldimethylsiloxy (TBDMS) Protecting Group with Catalytic Copper (II) Chloride Dihydrate, Chinese Chemical Letters, 2000, vol. 11, 753-756
- Chemical PropertiesMoist blue crystals.
- UsesSupplement (trace mineral).
- UsesCopper(II) chloride (CuCl2) or cupric chloride, is a brownish-yellow hygroscopic powder, or it may be formed as green deliquescent crystals. It is used in the dyeing and printing of textiles, as a disinfectant, as red pigment in the glass and ceramic industries, and for green-colored pyrotechnics, wood preservative, fungicide, deodorizer, water purification, feed additive, and electroplating baths.
Copper(II) chloride dihydrate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Raw materialsHydrochloric acidSodium chlorateCupric oxide
- Preparation Products(29H,31H-phthalocyaninato(2-)-N29,N30,N31,N32)copper5,6-DICHLORONICOTINIC ACID ETHYL ESTERMethyl 2-(chlorosulfonyl)benzoatePigment Geen 7(R)-(+)-1,1'-Bi-2-naphthol(S)-(-)-1,1'-Bi-2-naphthol2-(Bromomethyl)benzoic acidCopper(II) chloride dihydrateCopper-Bismuth catalyst
- Silver chloride Copper sulfate monohydrate COPPER(II) DIAMMONIUM CHLORIDE DIHYDRATE Ammonium cupric chloride dihydrate Kartocid POTASSIUM TETRACHLOROCUPURATE(II) DIHYDRATE DICHLORO(2Z)-2-[(4-OXO-4H-1-BENZOPYRAN-3-YL)METHYLENE]HYDRAZINECARBOTHIOAMIDE COPPER COMPLEX Polyvinyl chloride Ammonium chloride Thionyl chloride Methylene Chloride Copper oxychloride CHLORIDE STANDARD Choline chloride FOROXYMITHINE Cupric chloride dihydrate Copper CUPRIC CHLORIDE SOLUTION
Copper(II) chloride dihydrateSupplierMore
- Company Name:Shanghai Aladdin Bio-Chem Technology Co.,LTD Gold
- Tel:400-620-6333 021-20337333-801
- Company Name:Wuhan jiyesheng Chemical Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801