ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Synthetic Anti-infective Drugs > Antifungal Drugs > Oxiconazole nitrate
Oxiconazole nitrate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:137-1380C
- storage temp. Refrigerator
- CAS DataBase Reference64211-46-7(CAS DataBase Reference)
- HS Code 2933290000
- Language:EnglishProvider:Oxiconazole nitrate
Oxiconazole nitrate Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionOxiconazole nitrate is a broad-spectrum antifungal agent indicated for the treatment of skin infections due to yeasts, dermatophytes, yeast-like fungi and molds, and gram positive organisms.
- Chemical PropertiesCrystalline Solid
- OriginatorSiegfried (Switzerland)
- UsesTopical antimycotic agent
- Usesradiopaque agent
- DefinitionChEBI: An organic nitrate salt resulting from the reaction of equimolar amounts of oxiconazole and nitric acid. An antifungal agent, it is used in creams and powders for the topical treatment of fungal skin infections.
- Manufacturing Process13.5 g of 1-(2,4-dichlorophenyl)-2-(1H-imidazol-1-yl)-ethanone oxime are dissolved in 100 ml dimethylformamide (DMF) and 1.2 g of sodium hydride are mixed in, whereupon an exothermic reaction is allowed to take place on
its own with stirring. After cessation of evolution of hydrogen, a solution of 9.8 g of 2,4-dichlorobenzyl chloride in 10 cc DMF is added dropwise with continuous stirring and the stirring is carried on for 2 hours further. The reaction is then taken to completion at a bath temperature of 80°C, after which the reaction mixture is evaporated in a rotation evaporator under reduced pressure and the residue is dissolved in 100 ml ethanol. After filtering off of undissolved matter, the solution is stirred with 300 ml 2N nitric acid for the conversion of free base to the nitrate.
The liquid standing over the heavy deposits which have separated out is separated off by decanting, whereupon an isomer is obtained which after recrystallization from ethanol is obtained in a yield of 5.2 g and having a melting point of 137°C to 138°C.
- brand nameOxistat (Altana);OCERAL;MYFUNGAR.
- Therapeutic FunctionAntifungal
- Clinical Use(Z)-1-(2,4-dichlorophenyl)-2-(1H-imidazol-1-yl)ethanone-O-[2,4-dichlorophenyl)methyl]oxime mononitrate (Oxistat)is a white crystalline nitric acid salt. It is used in cream andlotion dosage forms in 1% concentration for the treatment oftinea pedis, tinea corporis, and tinea capitis.
Oxiconazole nitrate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- 4'-Bromoacetophenone Ethyl acetate Ammonium nitrate Ethyl acrylate 2'-Hydroxyacetophenone 2,4'-Dichloroacetophenone Oxiconazole Nitrate Jpc Miconazole nitrate Ointment Miconazole Nitrate Oxiconazole Ethyl vanillin 3-Nitroacetophenone 3-Aminoacetophenone Ethyl 4'-hydroxy-3'-methoxycinnamate 4-Nitroacetophenone 2-Bromoacetophenone 2',4'-Dichloroacetophenone Oxiconazole nitrate
- Company Name:Hunan Zhongwei Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Capot Chemical Co., Ltd
- Tel:+86 (0) 571 85 58 67 18
- Company Name:LGM Pharma
- Company Name:Chemsky（shanghai）International Co.,Ltd.