ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical Reagents > Organic reagents > Alkanes > 2,2-Di(tert-butylperoxy)butane
2,2-Di(tert-butylperoxy)butane Chemical Properties
- Melting point:≥80 °C (SADT)
- Boiling point:296.66°C (rough estimate)
- Density 0.88 g/mL at 25 °C
- refractive index n
- Flash point:118 °F
- storage temp. Refrigerator (+4°C) + Flammables area
- form Solution
- color Clear
- Water Solubility immiscible
- Stability:Unstable. Solid material may explode if heated, struck or mixed with other chemicals. Do not grind! Incompatible with acids, bases, strong oxidizing agents, powdered metals, strong reducing agents.
- NIST Chemistry Reference2,2-Bis(tert-butylperoxy) butane(2167-23-9)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemPeroxide, 1,1'-(1-methylpropylidene)bis[2-(1,1-dimethylethyl) (2167-23-9)
2,2-Di(tert-butylperoxy)butane Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Properties(usually handled as a solution in mineral oil)
- Reactivity ProfilePeroxides, such as 2,2-Di(tert-butylperoxy)butane, are good oxidizing agents. Organic compounds can ignite on contact with concentrated peroxides. Strongly reduced material such as sulfides, nitrides, and hydrides may react explosively with peroxides. There are few chemical classes that do not at least produce heat when mixed with peroxides. Many produce explosions or generate gases (toxic and nontoxic). Generally, dilute solutions of peroxides (<70%) are safe, but the presence of a catalyst (often a transition metal such as cobalt, iron, manganese, nickel, or vanadium) as an impurity may even then cause rapid decomposition, a buildup of heat, and even an explosion. Solutions of peroxides often become explosive when evaporated to dryness or near-dryness. Danger of explosion when dry. May explode from heat, shock, friction or contamination. May ignite combustibles (wood, paper, oil, clothing, etc.). May be ignited by heat, sparks or flames.
- 1 1-BIS(TERT-AMYLPEROXY)CYCLOHEXANE 2,2-DI(4,4-DI(TERT-BUTYLPEROXY)CYCLOHEXYL)PROPANE, 20 WT% SOLUTION IN ETHYLBENZENE Butyl 4,4-bis(tert-butyldioxy)valerate ETHYL 3 3-BIS(TERT-AMYLPEROXY)BUTYRATE 2,2-Di(tert-butylperoxy)butane tert-Butanol Tetrabutylammonium hydroxide Buprofezin tert-Butyl hydroperoxide Dibutyltin oxide Dibutyl phthalate BUTYL OLEATE 2-Chloro-2-methylpropane Cyhalofop-butyl Butyl acetate Butyldiglycol Bis(tributyltin) oxide N-BUTANE
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Company Name:Hangzhou J&H Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:Shandong XiYa Chemical Industry Co., Ltd