ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Organic Chemistry > Carboxylic acids and derivatives > Carboxylic acid esters and derivatives > Diethyl oxalate
Diethyl oxalate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:−41 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:185 °C(lit.)
- Density 1.076 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- vapor density 5.03 (vs air)
- vapor pressure 1 mm Hg ( 47 °C)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:168 °F
- storage temp. Store below +30°C.
- solubility Miscible with alcohols, ether and other common organic solvents.
- form Liquid
- color Clear
- explosive limit0.42-2.67%(V)
- Water Solubility MAY DECOMPOSE
- Sensitive Moisture Sensitive
- Merck 14,3125
- BRN 606350
- Stability:Stable, but moisture sensitive. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference95-92-1(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceEthanedioic acid, diethyl ester(95-92-1)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemEthyl oxalate (95-92-1)
- Hazard Codes Xn,T
- Risk Statements 22-36-68/21-48/25-35-61-60
- Safety Statements 23-45-36/37/39-28-26-25-24-53
- RIDADR UN 2525 6.1/PG 3
- WGK Germany 1
- RTECS RO2800000
- Autoignition Temperature410 °C
- TSCA Yes
- HazardClass 6.1
- PackingGroup III
- HS Code 29171900
- Hazardous Substances Data95-92-1(Hazardous Substances Data)
- ToxicityLD50 orally in Rabbit: 400 mg/kg
Diethyl oxalate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiescolourless liquid
- Usesmanufacture of phenobarbital, ethylbenzyl malonate, triethylamine, and similar chemicals, plastics, dyestuff intermediates. Solvent for cellulose esters, perfumes.
- Production MethodsDiethyl oxalate is produced via esterification of ethanol and oxalic acid. It is a preferred solvent for cellulose acetate and nitrate.
- General DescriptionA colorless liquid. Flash point 168°F. Slightly denser than water and insoluble in water. Hence sinks in water. May irritate skin and mucous membranes; may be mildly toxic by ingestion; may emit irritating fumes in a fire. Vapors are much heavier than air. Used as a solvent for plastics and in the manufacture of perfumes and pharmaceuticals.
- Air & Water ReactionsInsoluble in water.
- Reactivity ProfileDiethyl oxalate is an ester. Esters react with acids to liberate heat along with alcohols and acids. Strong oxidizing acids may cause a vigorous reaction that is sufficiently exothermic to ignite the reaction products. Heat is also generated by the interaction of esters with caustic solutions. Flammable hydrogen is generated by mixing esters with alkali metals and hydrides
- HazardToxic by ingestion, strong irritant to skin and mucous membranes.
- Health HazardTOXIC; inhalation, ingestion or contact (skin, eyes) with vapors, dusts or substance may cause severe injury, burns or death. Contact with molten substance may cause severe burns to skin and eyes. Reaction with water or moist air will release toxic, corrosive or flammable gases. Reaction with water may generate much heat that will increase the concentration of fumes in the air. Fire will produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases. Runoff from fire control or dilution water may be corrosive and/or toxic and cause pollution.
- Fire HazardCombustible material: may burn but does not ignite readily. Substance will react with water (some violently) releasing flammable, toxic or corrosive gases and runoff. When heated, vapors may form explosive mixtures with air: indoors, outdoors and sewers explosion hazards. Most vapors are heavier than air. They will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas. Containers may explode when heated or if contaminated with water.
- Safety ProfilePoison by ingestion. Flammable liquid when exposed to heat or flame; can react with oxidzing materials. To fight fire, use foam, CO2, dry chemical. When heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and fumes. See also OXALATES and ESTERS.
Diethyl oxalate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation Products5-(3-CHLOROPHENYL)-1H-PYRAZOLE-3-CARBOXYLIC ACID3-Phenyl-1H-pyrazole-5-carboxamide ,97%3-(4-CHLOROPHENYL)-1H-PYRAZOLE-5-CARBOHYDRAZIDEETHYL 5-METHYLISOXAZOLE-3-CARBOXYLATE1-Methyl-5-propyl-1H-pyrazole-3-carboxylic acid amide ,97%3-(4-Methoxyphenyl)-1H-pyrazole-5-carboxamide ,97%5-Methyl-1H-pyrazole-3-carboxylic acid4-BROMO-5-METHYL-1H-PYRAZOLE-3-CARBOXYLIC ACIDSodium cromoglycateGliclazide5-TERT-BUTYL-1H-PYRAZOLE-3-CARBOXYLIC ACID1-METHYL-5-PROPYL-1H-PYRAZOLE-3-CARBOXYLIC ACIDEthyl 5-thien-2-yl-1H-pyrazole-3-carboxylateETHYL 3-(4-CHLOROPHENYL)-1H-PYRAZOLE-5-CARBOXYLATE5-(4-METHOXY-PHENYL)-2H-PYRAZOLE-3-CARBOXYLIC ACID ETHYL ESTER1-METHYL-3-PROPYLPYRAZOLE-5-CARBOXYLIC ACIDEthyl 5-(tert-butyl)-2H-pyrazole-3-carboxylateETHYL 5-(2-FURYL)-1H-PYRAZOLE-3-CARBOXYLATEETHYL 5-(3-NITROPHENYL)-1H-PYRAZOLE-3-CARBOXYLATEETHYL 1-METHYL-5-PROPYL-1H-PYRAZOLE-3-CARBOXYLATEEthyl 3-(3-chlorophenyl)-1H-pyrazole-5-carboxylate ,97%5-METHYL-1 H-PYRAZOLE-3-CARBOXYLIC ACID HYDRAZIDE4-Fluoroindole 2，2-dichloro-1-(4-ethyoxy phenyl)cy-clopropane carboxylic acid5-PHENYL-2H-PYRAZOLE-3-CARBOXYLIC ACID ETHYL ESTEREthyl 3-(5-methylfuran-2-yl)-1H-pyrazole-5-carboxylate ,97%ETHYL 2-(1-METHYL-1H-IMIDAZOL-2-YL)-2-OXOACETATE3-(tert-Butyl)-1H-pyrazole-5-carbohydrazide5-ChloroindoleOROTIC ACID MONOHYDRATE5-Fluoroindole-2-carboxylic acidETHYL 2,4-DIOXOHEPTANOATEEthyl 2,4-dioxovaleratedimethyl 4-chloropyridine-2,6-dicarboxylateETHYL PROPIONYL PYRUVATEETHYL 1,3-BENZOTHIAZOLE-2-CARBOXYLATEDIETHYL OXALPROPIONATEETHYL A-ETHOXYOXALYLPHENYL ACETATE
- Raw materialsEtanolMethanolTolueneOxalic acid
- Basic Green 4 Diethyl oxalacetate TRIS(TRIMETHYLSILYL) PHOSPHATE Mefenpyr-diethyl Diethyl methylmalonate Diethyl pimelate Ethyl bromodifluoroacetate Methyl acrylate Diethyl malonate Diethyl carbonate Diethyl azodicarboxylate DIETHYL PHOSPHATE OXALIC ACID Diethyl adipate Diethyl sulfate Diethyl phthalate VINYL ESTER RESIN Diethyl succinate
- Company Name:ZIBO XUSHENG CHEMICAL CO.LTD Gold
- Tel:18905333221 0533-2091567-
- Company Name:Ningbo Bingxing Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Nanjing CHENGYI Chemicals Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-