Cefadroxil Chemical Properties
- Melting point:197 °C
- storage temp. Keep in dark place,Inert atmosphere,2-8°C
- solubility Slightly soluble in water, very slightly soluble in ethanol (96 per cen
- form neat
- pkapKa 1.38(H2O t=20±2 N2atmosphere) (Uncertain); 7.35(H2O t=20±2 N2atmosphere) (Uncertain);10.10(H2O t=20±2 N2atmosphere) (Uncertain)
- CAS DataBase Reference66592-87-8(CAS DataBase Reference)
- Language:EnglishProvider:7-[[2-Amino-2-(4-hydroxyphenyl)acetyl]amino]-3-methyl-8-oxo-5-thia-1-azabicyclo[4.2.0]oct-2-ene-2-carboxylic acid
Cefadroxil Usage And Synthesis
- Brand Name(s) in USVeterinary: Cefa-Tabs, Cefa-Drops
Human dosage form: Duricef and generic
- DescriptionCefadroxil has an amoxicillin-like side chain at C-7 and is orally active. There are some indications that cefadroxil has some immunostimulant properties mediated through T-cell activation and that this is of material assistance to patients in fighting infections. The prolonged biological half-life of cefadroxil allows once-a-day dosage.
- Chemical PropertiesWhite Crystalline Solid
- Usescephalosporin antibacterial
- UsesSemi-synthetic cephalosporin antibiotic. Antibacterial
- DefinitionChEBI: The hydrate that is the monohydrate of the cephalosporin cefadroxil.
- brand nameDuricef (Bristol-Myers Squibb); Ultracef (Bristol Labs).
- Antimicrobial activityResembles closely that of cefalexin
- PharmacokineticsOral absorption: >90%
Cmax 250 mg oral: c. 9 mg/L after 1.2 h
500 mg oral: c. 18 mg/L after 1.2 h
Plasma half-life: 1–1.5 h
Plasma protein binding : 20%
Absorption is little affected by administration with food. Distribution is similar to that of cefalexin. It is eliminated unchanged by glomerular filtration and tubular secretion; 90% of the dose appears in the urine over 24 h, most in the first 6 h, producing concentrations exceeding 500 mg/L.
- PharmacologyCefadroxil has a broad spectrum of antimicrobial action; it is active with respect to Grampositive and Gram-negative microorganisms. Like all of the other drugs described above, it acts as a bactericide by disrupting the process of restoring the membranes of bacteria. Synonyms of this drug are bidocef, cefadril, duracef, ultracef, and others.
- Clinical UseCefadroxil (Duricef) is an orally active semisyntheticderivative of 7-ADCA, in which the 7-acyl group is the Dhydroxylphenylglycylmoiety. This compound is absorbedwell after oral administration to give plasma levels that reach75% to 80% of those of an equal dose of its close structuralanalog cephalexin. The main advantage claimed for cefadroxilis its somewhat prolonged duration of action, whichpermits once-a-day dosing. The prolonged duration of actionof this compound is related to relatively slow urinary excretionof the drug compared with other cephalosporins, butthe basis for this remains to be explained completely. Theantibacterial spectrum of action and therapeutic indications ofcefadroxil are very similar to those of cephalexin and cephradine.The D-p-hydroxyphenylglycyl isomer is much moreactive than the L-isomer.
- Clinical UseIt has been used for various community-acquired infections for which oral cephalosporins are appropriate.
- Side effectsSide effects described are those common to oral cephalosporins.
- Chemical SynthesisCefadroxil, [6R-[6α,7β(R)]]-3-methyl-8-oxo-7-[[amino(4-hydroxyphenyl)
acetyl]amino]-5-thia-1-azabicyclo[4.2.0]oct-2-en-2-carboxylic acid (220.127.116.11), is an analog of cephalexin and differs only in the presence of a hydroxyl group in the fourth position of the phenyl ring of phenylglycine, and is synthesized by a scheme analogous to the
scheme of cephradin synthesis.
- Veterinary Drugs and TreatmentsCefadroxil is approved for oral therapy in treating susceptible infections of the skin, soft tissue, and genitourinary tract in dogs and cats. The veterinary oral tablets have been discontinued (in the USA), but human-labeled oral capsules and tablets are still available.
- Cefadroxil Lysinate D(-)Phpg dane salt(for amoxycillin&cefadroxil) CEFADROXIL MONOHYDRATEIMP. A (EP): (2R)-2-AMINO-2-(4-HYDROXYPHENYL)-ACETIC ACID Cefadroxil Hemihydrate Cefadroxyl monohydrate,powder Cefprozil hydrate Cefpiramide acid Cefoperazone Cefpiramide sodium CEFATRIZINE PROPYLENE GLYCOL Cefadroxil-d4 (major),Cefadroxil-D4 Cefadroxil Cephalexin Cefadroxil Capsule Glucosamine EC 18.104.22.168 Phenylacetone Methyl cellulose
- Company Name:Qilu Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Wuhan DKY Technology Co.,Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18007166089 27-81302488-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:LGM Pharma
- Company Name:Chemsky（shanghai）International Co.,Ltd.