CROCIN Chemical Properties
- Melting point:186° (effervescence)
- Boiling point:1169.0±65.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.54±0.1 g/cm3(Predicted)
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- form Powder
- Merck 14,2589
- CAS DataBase Reference42553-65-1
CROCIN Usage And Synthesis
- IntroductionCrocin (crocin) is also known as a-crocin and crocetin. It is a series of ester glycosides combining water-soluble carotenoids crocetin and different sugars. It is one of the main active ingredients of saffron, including crocin -1, crocin -2, crocin -3, crocin-4 and crocetin. It is centrally acting antihypertensive and can prevent atherosclerosis and be of antithrombosis, antiplatelet aggregation, and anti myocardial ischemia. It has the effect of the anti-inflammation and treatment of soft tissue injury, gall liver protection, anti-tumor and other pharmacological effects. It is widely used in food, medicine, chemical industry and other industries. It is used in the treatment of patients with cardiovascular disease and fatty liver. The traditional medicine believes that the stigma croci can dredge and activate the collaterals, remove blood stasis, eradicate depression and relieve swelling and pain. It is mainly used for the treatment of anxiety depression, chest distention, irregular menstruation, postpartum haemorrhage and traumatic injury. Stigma croci are considered to be "the golden plant”. The main effective components are crocetin and crocin, which has many pharmacological activities, such as being anti-inflammatory and analgesic, antitumor, antidepressant, hypoglycemic and lowering blood pressure. Because the water solution of stigma croci is bright yellow with sweet smell, it is often used as a food additive and high-grade edible pigment, but also can be used as high dye for silk, cotton and wool products. In recent years, pharmacological researches indicate that stigma croci has good control effect for a variety of diseases, including cancer, coronary heart disease, atherosclerosis and hyperlipidemia with good medicinal value.
- Chemical PropertiesSolid
CROCIN Preparation Products And Raw materials
- 2,4,6,8-DECATETRAENOIC ACID BUTYL-BETA-D-GLUCOPYRANOSIDE 2,3-DIHYDROXYPROPYL METHACRYLATE ETHYL SORBATE N-HEXYL ACRYLATE PROPYL-CROTONATE 4-Hydroxybutyl acrylate Sorbic acid N-AMYL METHACRYLATE 4-HYDROXYBUTYL METHACRYLATE 1,3-BUTADIENE-1-CARBOXYLIC ACID METHYL ESTER trans-2,4-Pentadienoicacid Butyl methacrylate trans,trans-2,4-Heptadienal FEMA 3354 BUTYL CROTONATE 2-(ALLYLOXY)TETRAHYDROPYRAN 2,4-HEPTADIEN-1-OL
- Company Name:Chengdu Biopurify Phytochemicals Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18080487181 028-82633397
- Company Name:Shaanxi Pioneer Biotech Co.,Ltd Gold
- Tel:18220517932 029-84385017-8001
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Chembest Research Laboratories Limited