ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Flavors and fragrances > Synthetic fragrances > Aldehydes spices > Terpene aldehyde > trans,trans-2,4-Heptadienal
trans,trans-2,4-Heptadienal Chemical Properties
- Melting point:84.5 °C
- Boiling point:84-84.5 °C(lit.)
- Density 0.881 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- FEMA 3164 | (2E,4E)-HEPTADIENAL
- refractive index n
- Flash point:150 °F
- storage temp. Refrigerator (+4°C)
- Water Solubility INSOLUBLE
- JECFA Number1179
- BRN 1699244
- CAS DataBase Reference4313-03-5(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference2,4-Heptadienal, (E,E)-(4313-03-5)
- EPA Substance Registry System2,4-Heptadienal, (2E,4E)- (4313-03-5)
trans,trans-2,4-Heptadienal Usage And Synthesis
- Description2,4-Heptadienal retards or prevents the development of "off-flavors" in auto-oxidizing fats and oils. May be prepared by reduction with LiAlH4 of the dienoic acid prepared by the Doebner synthesis, followed by oxidation with Mn02 of the resulting dienol to the corresponding dienol; by the method of Marshall and Whiting.
- Chemical Properties2,4-Heptadienal has a fatty, green odor In auto-oxidizing fats and oils, it retards or prevents the development of “off-favors ”.
- Chemical Propertiesclear yellow liquid
- OccurrenceReported found as a volatile component in boiled chicken, in peas by enzymatic formation from lipids, as the odorous component in Vaccinium macrocarpon; additional products in which 2,4-heptadienal has been reportedly identifed include soybean oil, black-tea aroma (trans- and cis-form); bilberry aroma (Vaccinium myrtillus); frozen peas, sunfower oil, autooxidized lard, salted salmon, sturgeon caviar and salmon roe; the trans,trans-form has been reported found among the volatile favor components of potato chips and tomato Also reported found in natural sources including cranberry, guava, melon, blackberry, avocado, cabbage, raw or cooked potato, tomato, butter, lean fsh, smoked fsh, chicken fat, cooked chicken, beef fat, tea, cooked beef, lamb and pork, peanut oil, peanut butter, mango, caulifower, broccoli, tamarind, fgs, corn tortillas, lemon balm, oysters, crayfsh, clams, mate and Virginia tobacco
- DefinitionChEBI: A heptadienal in which the two double bonds are located at positions 2 and 4 (the E,E-geoisomer).
- Aroma threshold valuesAroma characteristics at 0.10%: green fatty, herbal, vegetative, aldehydic oily with cucumber and fried nuances.
- Taste threshold valuesTaste characteristics at 0.25 ppm: green fatty, harsh chicken fat, cucumber with brothy and fshy nuances.
- Chemical SynthesisBy reduction with LiAlH4 of the dienoic acid prepared by the Doebner synthesis, followed by oxidation with MnO2 of the resulting dienol to the corresponding dienol; by the method of Marshall and Whiting.
- 5-(1-HYDROXY-2,6,6-TRIMETHYL-4-OXOCYCLOHEX-2-ENYL)-3-METHYLPENTA-2,4-DIENOIC ACID PSEUDOIONONE PROSTAGLANDIN B1 2,4-DECADIENOIC ACID METHYL ESTER TRANS-BETA-APO-8′-CAROTENAL ETHYL BETA-APO-8'-CAROTENOATE (TRANS) (E,E)-2,4-Dodecadienal Irisone Ethyl-2,4-decadienoate trans,trans-2,4-Nonadienal CROCIN 8,8'-DIAPOCAROTENEDIOIC ACID TRANS,TRANS-2,4-DECADIENAL DIMETHYL IONONE trans,trans-2,4-Heptadienal rich_d_transallethrin trans,trans-2,4-Undecadienal Diethyl pimelate
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:Beijing dtftchem Technology Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009-