Canthaxanthin Chemical Properties
- Melting point:217～218℃
- Boiling point:717.0±40.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.003±0.06 g/cm3(Predicted)
- storage temp. 0-6°C
- form neat
- λmaxλ: 465 nm±5 nm Amax
- Merck 13,1758
- BRN 1898520
- CAS DataBase Reference514-78-3(CAS DataBase Reference)
- WGK Germany nwg
- RTECS FI0330000
Canthaxanthin Usage And Synthesis
- UsesOral suntanning agent
- UsesAntioxidant immune to promote
- UsesPermissible color additive for food and drugs (exempt from certification): Fed. Regist. 34, no. 5 (Jan. 8, 1969). Oral suntanning agent.
- UsesCanthaxanthin is a synthetic red colorant that is the carotenoid of most intense red color. it is available in oil-soluble, oil-dispersible, and water-dispersible forms. it has fair ph, heat, light, and chemical stability with a low tinctorial strength. unlike the carotenoids beta- carotene and beta-apo-8-carotenal, it does not possess vitamin a activity. maximum usage level is 66 ppm. uses include carbonated soft drinks, salad dressing, and spaghetti sauce.
- DefinitionChEBI: A carotenone that consists of beta,beta-carotene bearing two oxo substituents at positions 4 and 4'.
- brand nameApotrin;Phenoro.
- World Health Organization (WHO)Canthaxanthin, a naturally-occurring carotenoid with a deep redorange colour, is widely used as a food colouring agent. Since the mid-1970s it has been included in oral 'artificial suntan' preparations. It is also available in preparations used in the treatment of certain photodermatoses. By the mid-1980s its use in such preparations had been associated with the accumulation of crystalline deposits in the retina. Reported functional changes relating to dark adaptation have been of marginal clinical significance and largely reversible. Nevertheless, this has led to the withdrawal of artificial suntan preparations containing canthaxanthin by several regulatory authorities. Preparations for treatment of photodermatoses remain available in some but not all of these countries.
- HazardOral intake may cause loss of night vision.
- Safety ProfileWhen heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and irritating fumes.
- Purification MethodsPurify canthaxanthin by chromatography on a column of deactivated alumina or magnesium oxide, or on a thin layer plate of silica gel G (M
Canthaxanthin Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Raw materialsbeta-Carotene
- DECA-2,4,6,8-TETRAENAL 3,5,7-Nonatrien-2-one 2,4-NONADIENE TRANS-3,4,4-TRIMETHYL-2-PENTENE TRANS,TRANS-1,3,5-HEPTATRIENE 1,3,5-UNDECATRIENE 1,2-DIMETHYL CYCLOHEXENE trans,trans-2,4-Heptadienal BETA-CAROTENE 1,3-DIMETHYLCYCLOHEXENE Astaxanthin Aloe emodin Emodin Curcumin Zeaxanthin Cantharidin Canthaxanthin Riboflavin
- Company Name:Hangzhou Weier Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Nanjing Chemlin Chemical Co., Ltd
- Company Name:Spectrum Chemical Manufacturing Corp.
- Company Name:Wuhan Fortuna Chemical Co., Ltd
- Tel:13308628970 027-59207852-