Aloe emodin Chemical Properties
- Melting point:223-224°C
- Boiling point:373.35°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.3280 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.5000 (estimate)
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- form neat
- Merck 14,306
- BRN 2059062
- CAS DataBase Reference481-72-1(CAS DataBase Reference)
Aloe emodin Usage And Synthesis
- Physical and Chemical PropertiesAloe emodin aloe is one the major components of the aloe essential oils. It is either presented in aloe in the free form or presented in rhubarb, senna, and aloe in the form of glycosides. The compound precipitated from toluene or ethanol is yellow-orange needles with a relative molecular mass of 270.25 and the melting point of 223~224 ℃. It can be subject to sublimation in the carbon dioxide gas stream. It is easily soluble in hot ethanol, ether, benzene, with the solution exhibiting yellow color. It is also soluble in aqueous ammonia and sulfuric acid with the solution exhibiting crimson color.
The main active ingredient of aloe is the barbaloin and aloe emodin. The aloe juice has anti-inflammatory effect and can promote healing of skin damage.
The above information is edited by the Chemicalbook of Dai Xiongfeng.
- RhubarbRhubarb is a kind of commonly used traditional Chinese medicine. It was initially recorded in the "Shen Nong's Herbal Classic", low-grade product. It is recorded in every generations of Ancient herbal medicine. Rhubarb is the Polygonaceae plant rhubarb Rheum, Rheum tanguticum and the dried roots or rhizomes of medicinal rhubarb Rheum officinale Baill. It is mainly produced in Sichuan, Gansu, Qinghai and other places. Rhubarb has effects such as purge heating and intestine cleaning, blood cooling and detoxification effect, and blood stasis dredging and can be applied to the treatment of the internal heating and constipation, Indigestion, abdominal pain, diarrhea, heat jaundice, vomiting blood, red eyes, swollen throat, abdominal pain, appendicitis, carbuncle swollen boils, blood stasis amenorrhea, and bruises. It can also be applied to external treatment of fire burns, upper gastrointestinal bleeding and so on. We can apply it with raw use or wine-processing, wine steaming or fried carbon.
Rhubarb has inhibitory effect on most Gram-positive bacteria as well as some Gram-negative bacteria in vitro. Its main active ingredient is anthraquinone derivative with the aloe emodin, emodin and rhein yielding the best efficacy.
It has inhibition on the murine leukemia P388: people extracted rhein, emodin and aloe emodin from rhubarb. These three kinds of anthraquinone can all reduce the number of cancer cells and the amount of ascites in tumor mice with different extent, in which the effect of rhein is the most significant and the effect of aloe emodin is relatively poor; the effect is generally correlated with the prolonged survival period. Emodin, rhein has a strong inhibitory effect on the biosynthesis of DNA, RNA and protein while aloe emodin strong has a weak inhibitory effect.
Figure 1 Rheum officinale Baill.
- Chemical PropertiesOrange Solid
- UsesShows significant inhibitory activity against the P-388 leukemia in mice when administered as a suspension in acetone-Tween 80. Has a specific in vitro and in vivo antineuroectodermal tumor activity. Cathartic.
- DefinitionChEBI: A dihydroxyanthraquinone that is chrysazin carrying a hydroxymethyl group at position 3. It has been isolated from plant species of the genus Aloe.
- (10S)-BETA-D-GLUCOPYRANOSIDE-ALOE EMODIN,10-(1’,5’-anhydroglucosyl)aloe-emodin-9-anthron ALOESIN Aloin B dynemicin A Rhein altromycin C 7-deoxynogarol Rodorubicin RHEIN-8-GLUCOSIDE Diacerein N-demethylmenogaril Menogaril altromycin B Aloe emodin CHRYSAZIN(RG) 1,8-Dihydroxyanthraquinone Emodin-3-methyl ether ALOE VERA GEL
- Company Name:-Luotian Yongfei Chemical Co., Ltd., Gold
- Tel:13886411878 0713-5067488-
- Company Name:Shaanxi billion Kang Long biological technology co., LTD Gold
- Tel:17791478691 177-9147-8691
- Company Name:Nanjing Tianyi Chemical Technology Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:15150528611 151-6145-9973
- Company Name:Shanghai Biosundrug Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:13917187091 021-34622192-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-