DITHIANON Chemical Properties
- Melting point:225°
- Boiling point:402.1±45.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density d18 1.55
- refractive index 1.6360 (estimate)
- storage temp. 0-6°C
- form neat
- Water Solubility 0.5mg/L(temperature not stated)
- Merck 13,3404
- BRN 1325563
- CAS DataBase Reference3347-22-6(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceDithianone(3347-22-6)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemDithianon (3347-22-6)
- Hazard Codes Xn;N,N,Xn
- Risk Statements 22-50/53
- Safety Statements 24-60-61
- RIDADR UN 3077
- WGK Germany 3
- RTECS QL0700000
- HazardClass 6.1(b)
- PackingGroup III
- HS Code 29349990
- Hazardous Substances Data3347-22-6(Hazardous Substances Data)
- ToxicityLD50 orally in rats, guinea pigs: 638, 110 mg/kg (Amadori, Heupt)
DITHIANON Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionDithianone is an anthraquinone derivative, used as a fungicide. With cymoxanil, it is contained in Aktuan. Cases have been sparsely reported for agricultural workers.
ethylenebisdithiocarbamates were rediscovered in 1945
when Dimond et al. (2) reported a “new water soluble
protectant fungicide.” The parent compound, disodium
ethylenebisdithiocarbamate, was highly soluble in water
and was unstable in air, and it might have been only
a laboratory curiosity and remained unnoticed but for
the applications developed by Heuberger and Manns (3),
who stabilized it by converting it into zinc salt by the
addition of zinc sulfate–lime mixture. This was followed
by the introduction of zineb as fungicide by the Rohm and
Haas Company, USA.
The same phenomenon was later confirmed by Barratt and Horsfall (4), who attributed the stabilizing effect as due to zinc salt formation. From the numerous compounds suggested by Hester (5), only disodium ethylenebisdithiocarbamate and its zinc and manganese salts are largely accepted for practical application. Research on these dithiocarbamates led to some promising variants.
- DefinitionChEBI: A naphthodithiin that is 5,10-dioxo-5,10-dihydronaphtho[2,3-b][1,4]dithiin which is substituted by nitrile groups at positions 2 and 3. It is a broad spectrum fungicide used to control scab, downy mildew, rust, and leaf spot in the commercial rowing of grapes and other fruit, citrus, coffee, and vegetables.
- Agricultural UsesFungicide: Fungicide used to control certain mildews. A seed dressing; used to attack foliar diseases of fruits (pome, stone, etc,), coffeee, wine, and vegetables. Not currently registered for use in the U.S. Approved for use in most EU countries.
- Trade nameDELAN®; DELAN-COL®; DELAN 70WG®; DITHIANON FLOWABLE®; DITHIANONWG®; IT 931®; MV 119A®; STAUFFER MV-119A®; THYNON®
- Contact allergensDithianon is an anthraquinone derivative, used as a fungicide agent. With cymoxanil, it is contained in Aktuan. Cases in agricultural workers were reported sparsely.
- Clothianidin Diflubenzuron Fenobucarb Profenofos Potassium Phosphate Monobasic FLUTOLANIL Glycerol 2-Bromobenzonitrile BETA-CYPERMETHRIN Anthraquinone ALPHA-(ETHYLTHIO)ACETOPHENONE, 97 Allylpropylsulfide 1,4-Naphthoquinone ETHYL VINYL SULFIDE DITHIANON (METHYLTHIO)ACETONITRILE 2,3-BIS(METHYLTHIO)-1,4-NAPHTHALENEDIONE (ETHYLTHIO)ACETONE
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Shanghai Hanhong Scientific Co.,Ltd.
- Company Name:BEST-REAGENT
- Tel:18981987031 400-1166-196
- Company Name:China Langchem Inc.
- Company Name:Shanghai Sunway Pharmaceutical Technology Co., Ltd
- Tel: 021-51613915-