Cefotaxime sodium Chemical Properties
- Melting point:162-163 C
- alpha D20 +55±2° (c = 0.8 in water)
- refractive index 61 ° (C=1, H2O)
- storage temp. Keep in dark place,Inert atmosphere,2-8°C
- solubility H2O: aqueous solutions of pH 4.3-6.2 are stable up to 3 weeks at 2-8 °C.soluble
- form powder
- color white to yellow
- PHpH(100g/l, 25℃) : 4.5～6.5
- Water Solubility Soluble in water.
- Merck 14,1933
- BRN 5711411
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
Cefotaxime sodium Usage And Synthesis
- Brand Name(s) in USClaforan
- Chemical PropertiesWhite to pale yellow crystalline powder
- OriginatorClaforan,Hoechst-Roussel,W. Germany,1980
- UsesBroad spectrum third generation cephalosporin antibiotic. The name Cefotaxime applies to the isomer having a syn-methoxy imino group
- UsesCephalosporin antibacterial
- DefinitionChEBI: A cephalosporin organic sodium salt having acetoxymethyl and [2-(2-amino-1,3-thiazol-4-yl)-2-(methoxyimino)acetyl]amino side-groups.
- Manufacturing ProcessA solution of 8 g of sodium bicarbonate in about 20 ml of ethanol was progressively added to 45.55 g of pure 3-acetoxymethyl-7-[2-(2-amino-4- thiazolyl)-2-methoxyiminoacetamido]-ceph-3-eme-4-carboxylic acid in 100 ml of distilled water and another 80 ml of ethanol and 4.5 g of activated carbon were added thereto. The mixture was stirred for 5 minutes and was filtered. The filter was rinsed with ethanol and the filtrate was evaporated to dryness under reduced pressure. The residue was taken up in 100 ml of ethanol and evaporated to dryness again. The residue was dissolved in 100 ml of methanol and the solution was poured into 2 l of acetone. The mixture was vigorously stirred and was vacuum filtered. The recovered product was rinsed with acetone and then ether and dried under reduced pressure to obtain 43.7 g of a white product which rehydrated in air to obtain a final weight of 45.2 g of sodium 3-acetoxymethyl-7-[2-(2-amino-4-thiazolyl)-2- methoxyiminoacetamido]-ceph-3-eme-4-carboxylate.
- brand nameClaforan (Sanofi Aventis).
- Therapeutic FunctionAntibiotic
- Clinical UseCefotaxime (Claforan) was the first third-generationcephalosporin to be introduced. It possesses excellentbroad-spectrum activity against Gram-positive and Gramnegativeaerobic and anaerobic bacteria. It is more activethan moxalactam against Gram-positive organisms. Manyβ-lactamase–producing bacterial strains are sensitive to cefotaxime,including N. gonorrhoeae, Klebsiella spp., H. influenzae,S. aureus, and E. cloacae. Some, but not all,Pseudomonas strains are sensitive. Enterococci and Listeriamonocytogenes are resistant.
The syn-isomer of cefotaxime is significantly more activethan the anti-isomer against β-lactamase–producing bacteria.This potency difference is, in part, because of greaterresistance of the syn-isomer to the action of β-lactamases.The higher affinity of the syn-isomer for PBPs, however,may also be a factor.
Cefotaxime is metabolized in part to the less active desacetylmetabolite. Approximately 20% of the metaboliteand 25% of the parent drug are excreted in the urine. Theparent drug reaches the cerebrospinal fluid in sufficient concentrationto be effective in the treatment of meningitis.Solutions of cefotaxime sodium should be used within 24hours. If stored, they should be refrigerated. Refrigerated solutionsmaintain potency up to 10 days.
- Veterinary Drugs and TreatmentsIn the United States, there are no cefotaxime products approved for veterinary species but it has been used clinically in several species when an injectable 3rd generation cephalosporin may be indicated.
Cefotaxime sodium Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Cephalothin Ceftriaxone sodium Cefotaxime Ceftiofur sodium Ceftiofur (6R,7R)-3-(Acetoxymethyl)-8-oxo-7-(2-(thiophen-2-yl)acetamido)-5-thia-1-aza-bicyclo[4.2.0]oct-2-ene-2-carboxylic acid Cefotaxime sodium /sulbactam sodium 1:1 crystalline,sterile sodium 2-(2-Aminothiazol-4-yl)glyoxylic acid 2-(THIAZOL-4-YL)ETHYLAMINE 7-Amino-3-methyl-3-cephem-4-carboxylic acid 4-Thiazoleacetamide Hydroxymethyl-7-Aminocephalosporanic acid 2-(2-AMINOTHIAZOL-4-YL)ETHYLAMINE 2-(2-AMINO-THIAZOL-4-YL)-ACETAMIDE 2-Acetamidoacrylic acid Cefpodoxime 7-AMCA
- Company Name:Shandong Haibang Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13792162698 0533-6773008-
- Company Name:Kunming AMK animal husbandry raw material operation department Gold
- Company Name:Wuhan Dingtong Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:18327179646 027-59207795-
- Company Name:Hubei huizepu Pharmaceutical Technology Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:17762444226 1776-2444226-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-