Ceftiofur sodium Chemical Properties
- RTECS XI0367360
- storage temp. Keep in dark place,Inert atmosphere,2-8°C
- solubility Freely soluble in aqueous solution
- WGK Germany 3
- HS Code 2941906000
Ceftiofur sodium Usage And Synthesis
- Brand Name(s) in USNaxcel
- Third-generation cephalosporinsCeftiofur sodium is the sodium salt of ceftiofur, which belongs to the third generation cephalosporin antibiotics, for the first time in 1988 it was listed in the United States. Chemical properties are stabie, appearance is light yellow to white crystalline powder, aqueous solution has a shorter retention time, it should be diluted into a solution before use.
Ceftiofur has a broad antimicrobial spectrum , it has a strong antibacterial activity , it has a strong antibacterial activity against Gram-positive bacteria, Gram-negative bacteria, and some anaerobic bacteria ,its antibacterial activity is similar to or weaker than the first-generation cephalosporins against Gram-positive bacteria , it has a strong antibacterial activity against Gram-negative bacteria such as E. coli, Salmonella, Pasteurella and so on. It is used for a variety of respiratory, urinary tract and other infections caused by sensitive bacteria, especially for the prevention and treatment of early death of chicks caused by E. coli, Salmonella, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Staphylococcus aureus , E. coli yellow dysentery of 1 piglets and wound infections caused by cutting the umbilical cord, ear numbers, cutting teeth, tails and others,
pleuropneumoniae and bovine bronchial pneumonia caused by Haemophilus and Actinobacillus , generally it does not apply to cows and goats mastitis treatment . Some researchers have done ceftiofur sodium inhibition tests for thousands strains of pathogens isolated by veterinary clinically , the results show that the drug is one of the most active anti-bacterial drugs, it has a strong antibacterial activity against Escherichia coli, p.multocida and p.haemolytica ,Bacillus typhosus, Streptococcus ; it also has a good effect on Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Enterobacter, anaerobic bacteria. It is used for the treatment of respiratory disease of sheep,horses, cattle, pigs (pleuropneumonia),and the treatment of pets, day-old broiler infectious diseases. This product has characteristics such as complete intramuscular absorption and long elimination half-life period .
The above information is edited by the chemicalbook of Tian Ye.
- UsesIt belongs to antibiotic medicines for the treatment of swine bacterial respiratory infection
- Chemical PropertiesWhite or light yellow crystalline powder
- UsesAntibacterial (veterinary).
- Veterinary Drugs and TreatmentsLabeled indications for ceftiofur sodium:
In cattle for treatment of bovine respiratory disease (shipping fever, pneumonia) associated with Mannheimia haemolytica, Pasteurella multocida and Histophilus somni. It is also indicated for treatment of acute bovine interdigital necrobacillosis (foot rot, pododermatitis) associated with Fusobacterium necrophorum and Bacteroides melaninogenicus.
In swine for treatment/control of swine bacterial respiratory disease (swine bacterial pneumonia) associated with Actinobacillus (Haemophilus) pleuropneumoniae, Pasteurella multocida, Salmonella choleraesuis and Streptococcus suis.
In sheep/goats for treatment of sheep/caprine respiratory disease (sheep/goat pneumonia) associated with Mannheimia haemolytica and Pasteurella multocida.
In horses for treatment of respiratory infections in horses associated with Streptococcus zooepidemicus. In dogs for the treatment of canine urinary tract infections associated with E. coli and Proteus mirabilis.
In day old chicks/poults for the control of early mortality, associated with E. coli organisms susceptible to ceftiofur.
Ceftiofur sodium has also been used in an extra-label manner in a variety of veterinary species (see Doses) to treat infections that likely to be susceptible to a 3rd generation cephalosporin.
- Ceftiofur Cephalothin Cefotaxime (6R,7R)-3-(Acetoxymethyl)-8-oxo-7-(2-(thiophen-2-yl)acetamido)-5-thia-1-aza-bicyclo[4.2.0]oct-2-ene-2-carboxylic acid Cefotaxime sodium Ceftiofur hydrochloride Sodium chloride Thioacetamide Sodium bicarbonate Acetamide 2-Aminothiazole sodium Methyl 2-thiofuroate Ceftizoxime sodium Desfuroyl Ceftiofur 8-CHLOROADENOSINE-3',5'-CYCLIC MONOPHOSPHOROTHIOATE, RP-ISOMER SODIUM SALT Ceftiofur sodium 4-Methoxyphenol
- Company Name:Anqing Hua Qi Chemical Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Kunming AMK animal husbandry raw material operation department Gold
- Company Name:Hubei huizepu Pharmaceutical Technology Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:17762444226 1776-2444226-
- Company Name:Henan Huawen Chemical Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:17550685172 0370-2070108-
- Company Name:Shanghai Boyle Chemical Co., Ltd.