Octreotide acetate Chemical Properties
- Boiling point:1447.2±65.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.39±0.1 g/cm3(Predicted)
- storage temp. −20°C
- solubility H2O: soluble
- CAS DataBase Reference83150-76-9
- WGK Germany 3
Octreotide acetate Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionOctreotide is a long-acting somatostatin analog indicated for symptomatic control in acromegaly and gastroenteropancreatic tumors. Other potential uses under investigation include diabetes, psoriasis and Alzheimer's disease.
- OriginatorSandoz (Switzerland)
- UsesAntisecretory (gastric).
- IndicationsOctreotide acetate (Sandostatin) is a synthetic peptide analogue of the hormone somatostatin. Its actions include inhibition of the pituitary secretion of growth hormone and an inhibition of pancreatic islet cell secretion of insulin and glucagon. Unlike somatostatin, which has a plasma half-life of a few minutes, octreotide has a plasma elimination half-life of 1 to 2 hours. Excretion of the drug is primarily renal.
- brand nameSandostatin (Novartis).
- Veterinary Drugs and TreatmentsOctreotide may be useful in the adjunctive treatment of hyperinsulinemia in patients with insulinomas (especially dogs, ferrets). Response is variable, presumably dependent on whether the tumor cells have receptors for somatostatin. Octreotide may also be useful in the diagnosis and symptomatic treatment of gastrinomas in dogs or cats. It may be of use in the treatment of acute pancreatitis, but more research is needed before it can be recommended for this use in veterinary patients.
Octreotide acetate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Glucagon Oxytocin Leuprorelin (TYR3,LYS(BOC)5)-OCTREOTIDE ACETATE SALT DOTA-(TYR3,THR8)-OCTREOTIDE ACETATE ([125I]-TYR0)-OCTREOTIDE DOTA-D-PHE-CYS-TYR-D-TRP-LYS-THR-CYS-THR-OL (DISULFIDE BRIDGE: 2-7) SDZ CO 611 FCFWKTCT (DISULFIDE BRIDGE: 2-7) Octreotide acetate Benzyl acetate Vinyl acetate Ethyl acetate Sodium acetate Ammonium acetate ACETATE Goserelin acetate Butyl acetate
- Company Name:Suzhou Tianma Specialty Chemicals Co.,Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Hangzhou Peptidego Biotech Co.,Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:INTATRADE GmbH
- Tel:+49 3493/605464
- Company Name:Arden pharmaceutical &chemical Co., Ltd
- Tel:+86-(0)533-3595900 13793319233
- Company Name:Chembest Research Laboratories Limited