Sodium caseinate Chemical Properties
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- solubility H2O: soluble50mg/mL, Grade III, light yellow
- form lyophilized powder
- PHpH(10g/l, 25℃) : 6.0～7.5
- Water Solubility Soluble in boiling water; insoluble in ethanol.
- EPA Substance Registry SystemSodium caseinates (9005-46-3)
- Safety Statements 24/25
- WGK Germany 3
- RTECS FI3540000
- TSCA Yes
- HS Code 29420000
Sodium caseinate Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionSodium caseinate is a kind of water soluble emulsifier. It has the function of stabilizing, strengthening protein, thickening, foaming etc. It is also a protein nutrition fortifier. It has also been used in bread, biscuits, and other cereals. Like casein, sodium caseinate is a high quality protein source.
Sodium caseinate is made from milk protein and is hydrolyzed and absorbed to participate in the normal metabolism of the body. There is no definite chemical structure for sodium caseinate. In electrophoretic analysis, there are at least 20 different kinds of protein components. The main components are a mixture of alpha casein, beta casein and kappa casein (rather than simple proteins).
- Chemical PropertiesWhite to cream colored powder
- UsesSodium Caseinate is the sodium salt of casein, a milk protein. it is used as a protein source and for its functional properties such as water binding, emulsification, whitening, and whipping. it is used in coffee whiteners, nondairy whipped toppings, processed meat, and desserts.
- DefinitionThough commonly regarded as the principal protein in milk (approximately 3%), casein is actually a colloidal aggregate composed of several identifiable proteins together with phosphorus and calcium. It occurs in milk as a heterogeneous complex called calcium caseinate, which can be fractionated by a number of methods. It can be precipitated with acid at p H 4.7 or with the enzyme rennet (rennin). The product of the latter method is called paracasein, the term being applied to any of the casein fractions involved, i.e., α, β, κ, etc.
- Safety ProfileQuestionable carcinogen with experimental tumorigenic data. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of NanO.
Sodium caseinate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- 1,1,3,3-TETRAMETHYLBUTYL ISOCYANIDE COBALT ETHYLENE DIAMINE CHLORIDE BENZYL ISOCYANIDE Ethyl isocyanoacetate SALCOMINE N-BUTYLISOCYANIDE PHENYLSELENOL TERT-BUTYL ISOCYANIDE sodium Sodium benzoate Sodium chloride Sodium carbonate Sodium formate Sodium chlorate Diclofenac sodium Casein N-Z-AMINE A casein kinase
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:BeiJing Hwrk Chemicals Limted
- Tel:010-57411838 010-57411839-