Casein Chemical Properties
- Melting point:280 °C (dec.)(lit.)
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- solubility H2O: insoluble, forms a cloudy suspension
- form purified powder
- color yellow to tan
- Water Solubility SLIGHTLY SOLUBLE
- Sensitive Hygroscopic
- Merck 14,1883
- Stability:Stable. Combustible. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- EPA Substance Registry SystemCaseins (9000-71-9)
Casein Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertieswhite to cream powder or granules
- Usesα-Casein from bovine milk is an Immunoglobulin E (IgE)-binding epitope belonging to the Casein phosphoprotein family. It has been used in studies of children with insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (IDDM), due to the strong cross-reactivity of α-casein antibodies with insulin. Studies of children displaying (IDDM) show higher levels of α-casein antibodies than control siblings, which may serve as a risk marker for IDDM.
- Usesβ-Casein from bovine milk is an Immunoglobulin E (IgE)-binding epitope belonging to the Casein phosphoprotein family. It has been studied as a generator of peptides responsible for biological activities such as opiate, immunostimulating, antibacterial, and peptidase inhibitors.
- UsesCasein is the principal milk protein which is prepared commercially from skim milk by the precipitation with lactic, hydrochloric, or sulfuric acid. it can also be produced by the use of lactic acid-pro- ducing bacteria. caseins are usually identified according to the acid used, such as lactic acid casein, hydrochloric acid casein, and sulfuric acid casein. the principal form in which casein is used is casein salts, of which sodium and calcium caseinate are the most common. rennet casein is obtained from skim milk by the precipitation with a rennet-type enzyme. casein is used in the protein fortification of cereals and bread, and in fabricated cheeses.
- DefinitionA phosphoruscontaining protein that occurs in milk and cheese. It is easily digested by young mammals and is their major source of protein and phosphorus. It has been used in the manufacture of paper and buttons.
- Definitioncasein: One of a group of phosphate-containing proteins (phosphoproteins)found in milk. Caseins areeasily digested by the enzymes ofyoung mammals and represent amajor source of phosphorus.
- Production Methodscasein is a form of concentrated casein protein (one of the two major proteins found in milk) and is derived from skim milk. Depending on the method of manufacture. casein is classified as rennet casein or acid casein. In the production of rennet casein. skim milk is treated with an enzyme that causes the casein to coagulate and separate from other milk components. Acid casein is produced when skim milk is exposed to an acid treatment which causes the protein to precipitate out from other milk components. Both rennet and acid casein are high- protein products with protein concentrations from 85 to 90 percent. Both rennet and acid casein also contain very little whey protein and therefore cannot be classified as MPC.
All forms of casein arc classified tinder HTS subheading 3501.10.50. Imports of casein enter the United States free of duty. The US. market for casein is served almost exclusively by imports. casein production recently began in the United States. although is not yet commercially significant. Unlike imported casein. which is produced from fresh. liquid skim milk, U.S. production of casein uses reconstituted SMP as the starting ingredient.
Casein Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Raw materialsSodium sulfitePhenol2,2'-IminodiethanolDiethylene glycol2-OxohexamethylenimineSulfonated castor oilMILKRENNINRENNET TYPE II
- Preparation ProductsL-AlanineL-Lysine2-Pyrrolidinecarboxylic acidL-LeucineL-ThreonineL-TyrosineWhey L-TryptophanDL-ThreonineL-HydroxyprolineSodium caseinateTANNASEAZOCASEINLeather coating agentPigment pasteDiazo-1H-tetrazolcaseinDL-THYROXINE
- TERT-BUTYL ISOCYANIDE Ethyl isocyanoacetate DICHLORO(ETHYLENEDIAMINE)PLATINUM(II) 1,1,3,3-TETRAMETHYLBUTYL ISOCYANIDE Tris(2,4-pentanedionato)chroMiuM(III) Aluminum acetylacetonate SALCOMINE Tosylmethyl isocyanide IRON PEPTONATE CASEINPHOSPHOPEPTIDES L-Tyrosine INTERFERON ALPHA RECOMBINANT RAT CASEIN ACID HYDROLYSATE HY-CASE M PANCREATIC DIGEST OF CASEIN casein kinase Casein CASEIN SODIUM,CASEIN SODIUM SALT,CASEIN SODIUM MILK RennetCasein
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:future industrial shanghai co., ltd
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009