Sevoflurane Chemical Properties
- Melting point:<25 °C
- Boiling point:58°C
- Density 1.505
- Flash point:58°C
- storage temp. Refrigerator
- solubility Slightly soluble in water, miscible with ethanol (96 per cent).
- form neat
- Specific Gravity1.505
- Water Solubility Slightly miscible with water.
- Merck 14,8475
- BRN 2041023
- CAS DataBase Reference28523-86-6(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemPropane,1,1,1,3,3,3-hexafluoro-2-(fluoromethoxy)- (28523-86-6)
Sevoflurane Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionSevoflurane is a rapidly acting, potent inhalation anesthetic with rapid uptake and and elimination. While somewhat less potent than halothane, sevoflurane does not induce arrhythmias and reportedly has no effect on renal function.
- Chemical PropertiesClear, colourless, volatile liquid.
- OriginatorBaxter (USA)
- Uses1,1,1,3,3,3-Hexafluoro-2-(fluoromethoxy)propane is an volatile anesthetic which inhibited activation of inflammatory neutrophil and granulocyte in human blood during simulated extracorporeal circulati on.
- DefinitionChEBI: An ether compound having fluoromethyl and 1,1,1,3,3,3-hexafluoroisopropyl as the two alkyl groups.
- brand nameUltane (Abbott);Sevofrane.
- Biological FunctionsSevoflurane (Ultane) is the most recently introduced inhalation
anesthetic. It has low tissue and blood solubility,
which allows for rapid induction and emergence and
makes it useful for outpatient and ambulatory procedures.
It has the advantage of not being pungent, a characteristic
that permits a smooth inhalation induction,
and is particularly useful in pediatric anesthesia.
Hypotension is produced by sevoflurane as systemic vasodilation occurs and cardiac output decreases. Since it does not directly produce tachycardia, it is a useful alternative to consider in patients with myocardial ischemia. However, a concern for reflex-induced tachycardia remains.
Sevoflurane undergoes hepatic biotransformation (about 3% of the inhaled dose), and it is somewhat degraded by conventional CO2 absorbents. The degradation product from the absorbent has been reported to be nephrotoxic, although the report is controversial and not substantiated by more recent studies. Sevoflurane’s actions on skeletal muscle and on vascular regulation within the CNS are similar to those described for the other halogenated hydrocarbon anesthetics.
- General DescriptionSevoflurane is a volatile, nonpungent, nonflammable, andnonexplosive liquid with a boiling point of 58.6°C. Theblood:gas partition coefficient is 0.65, the oil:gas partitioncoefficient is 50, and the MAC is 2.1%. Sevoflurane reactswith desiccated carbon dioxide adsorbents, to produce compounds(A and B) with known toxicity . The typeof CO2 absorbent used, the temperature of the absorbent,and the duration of exposure can influence the degree towhich sevoflurane breaks down. The major breakdownproduct, compound A, pentafluoroisopropenyl fluoromethylether, (PIFE, C4H2F6O) has been studied extensively.Compound A is nephrotoxic in rats and nonhuman primatesand remains a theoretical risk to humans. As discussedpreviously under the stability of inhaled anesthetics,sevoflurane breakdown by CO2 absorbents generates heatand has resulted in sporadic operating room fires.
- Clinical UseSevoflurane has been shown to cause epileptic changeson EEGs and case reports of seizures during surgery, especiallyin children, have been reported.
- Veterinary Drugs and TreatmentsSevoflurane may be useful in a variety of species when rapid induction and/or rapid recoveries are desired with an inhalational anesthetic.
Sevoflurane Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Allyl ether Allyloxypolyethyleneglycol Enflurane Heptafluoroisopropyl iodide PERFLUORO-[(1',1',2'-TRIMETHYL)PROPYL]PROPEN-2-YL ETHER 2,2-BIS(TRIFLUOROMETHYL)-3-(TRIFLUOROVINYL)TRIFLUOROOXETANE METHYL 3-(HEPTAFLUOROISOPROPOXY)TETRAFLUOROPROPIONATE 1-(PENTAFLUOROPHENOXY)HEXAFLUOROISOPROPYL TRIFLUOROVINYL ETHER DIOXOLANE418 4,5-Difluoro-2,2-bis(trifluoromethyl)-1,3-dioxole 1-IODO-6-(HEPTAFLUOROISOPROPOXY)PERFLUOROHEXANE 2,2,X-TRIS(TRIFLUOROMETHYL)TRIFLUOROOXETANE 2-IODOTETRAFLUOROETHYL HEPTAFLUOROISOPROPYL ETHER Sevoflurane-d3, Fluoromethyl 1,1,1,3,3,3-hexafluoro-2-propyl ether-d3, Fluoromethyl 2,2,2-trifluoro-1-(trifluoromethyl)ethyl ether-d3 2,2-DIFLUORO-3,3-BIS(TRIFLUOROMETHYL)OXIRANE Sevoflurane Oxyfluorfen Fomesafen
- Company Name:Lianyungang Xuanyuan Chemical Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:+86-0518-85415818 18000194506
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390