ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Pharmaceutical intermediates > Heterocyclic compound > Pyran compounds > 2-Formyl-3,4-dihydro-2H-pyran
2-Formyl-3,4-dihydro-2H-pyran Chemical Properties
- Melting point:-99.9°C
- Boiling point:146 °C(lit.)
- Density 1.08 g/mL at 25 °C
- refractive index n20/D 1.466(lit.)
- Flash point:54 °C
- CAS DataBase Reference100-73-2(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceAcrolein dimer(100-73-2)
- EPA Substance Registry System2H-Pyran-2-carboxaldehyde, 3,4-dihydro- (100-73-2)
2-Formyl-3,4-dihydro-2H-pyran Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesColorless viscous liquid
- Synthesis Reference(s)Journal of the American Chemical Society, 92, p. 3126, 1970 DOI: 10.1021/ja00713a034
- General DescriptionA colorless or yellow liquid with a pungent disagreeable odor. Flash point 118°F. Density 1.077 g / cm3 (8.96 lb / gal). May be irritating to the eyes and mucous membranes; long-term exposure may result in adverse health effects. Vapors denser than air. Used to make other chemicals, plastics.
- Air & Water ReactionsFlammable. Soluble in water.
- Reactivity ProfileAldehydes are frequently involved in self-condensation or polymerization reactions. These reactions are exothermic; they are often catalyzed by acid. Aldehydes are readily oxidized to give carboxylic acids. Flammable and/or toxic gases are generated by the combination of aldehydes with azo, diazo compounds, dithiocarbamates, nitrides, and strong reducing agents. Aldehydes can react with air to give first peroxo acids, and ultimately carboxylic acids. These autoxidation reactions are activated by light, catalyzed by salts of transition metals, and are autocatalytic (catalyzed by the products of the reaction). The addition of stabilizers (antioxidants) to shipments of aldehydes retards autoxidation.
- Health HazardMay cause toxic effects if inhaled or absorbed through skin. Inhalation or contact with material may irritate or burn skin and eyes. Fire will produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases. Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation. Runoff from fire control or dilution water may cause pollution.
- Fire HazardHIGHLY FLAMMABLE: Will be easily ignited by heat, sparks or flames. Vapors may form explosive mixtures with air. Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Most vapors are heavier than air. They will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Vapor explosion hazard indoors, outdoors or in sewers. May polymerize explosively when heated or involved in a fire. Runoff to sewer may create fire or explosion hazard. Containers may explode when heated. Many liquids are lighter than water.
- Safety ProfileMildly toxic by ingestion. A skin and severe eye irritant. A flammable liquid when exposed to heat, flame, or powerful oxidizing agents. To fight fire, use alcohol foam and multipurpose dry chemical. When heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and fumes
- (-)-MENTHOXYACETIC ACID 2-ISOPROPOXYETHANOL Hexaethylene glycol 2-HYDROXYETHYL ACETATE 2-Hydroxyethyl acrylate PENTAETHYLENE GLYCOL Diethylene Glycol Monoethyl Ether 2-Hydroxyethyl salicylate Diethylene glycol Bis[2-(2-hydroxyethoxy)ethyl] ether Butyldiglycol TRIETHYLENE GLYCOL MONOMETHYL ETHER 1,2-Bis(2-chloroethoxy)ethane 2-Formyl-3,4-dihydro-2H-pyran Tetrahydropyran Centchroman Formyl radical 3,4-Dihydro-2H-pyran
- Company Name:Tianjin Zhongxin Chemtech Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:PharmaBlock Sciences (Nanjing),Inc.
- Tel:400-025-5188 400-025-5188
- Company Name:Beijing Ouhe Technology Co., Ltd
- Tel:13552068683 010-82967028-
- Company Name:Jia Xing Isenchem Co.,Ltd
- Tel:18627885956 0573-85285100-
- Company Name:China Langchem Inc.