Pigment Green 18
Pigment Green 18 Chemical Properties
- Melting point:158-160°C
- Boiling point:520.91°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.0448 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.5940 (estimate)
- storage temp. Refrigerator
- solubility Solubility Very soluble in water; soluble in ethanol, methanol, amyl alcohol
- form Solid
- pka6.90(at 25℃)
- Colour Index 42000
- color Brown
- PH Range0(green)-2(green-blue)
- λmax615nm, 425nm
- BRN 3580148
- Stability:Stable. Substances to be avoided include strong oxidizing agents.
- Biological ApplicationsAntiseptic formulation; detecting nucleic acids; early diagnosis of tuberculosis; identifying mammal genes; treating cancers,fungal diseases,pulmonary tuberculosis; medical device
- Major ApplicationPhotoresists, color filter, printed circuit board, sol-gel matrix, liquid crystal displays, decoder system, inks, highlighters, herbicides, disinfectants, cosmetics, identifying mammal genes, detecting nucleic acids, mycobacterial growth, radiochemotherapy, wound dressing materials, antitumor agents, treatment of patients with pulmonary tuberculosis Malachite Green
- CAS DataBase Reference569-64-2
- EPA Substance Registry SystemMalachite green (569-64-2)
Pigment Green 18 Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesGreen crystals. Soluble in water; ethyl, methyl, and amyl alcohol.
- UsesA triphenylmethane dye with fungicidal and limited antiseptic activity. The term Malachine green applies to the oxalate as well as the chloride. Harmful if swallowed. Avoid release to the environment.
- DefinitionChEBI: An organic chloride salt that is the monochloride salt of malachite green cation. Used as a green-coloured dye, as a counter-stain in histology, and for its anti-fungal properties in aquaculture.
- Preparationcommonly known as Malachite Green. (a) in the presence of hydrochloric acid or sulfuric acid, Benzaldehyde ?(1 Moore) and N,N-dimethylaniline(2 Moore) condensation, and then used lamps and acid oxidation its products; (b) N,N-dimethylaniline and 1-(Trichloromethyl)benzene?heating.
- General DescriptionGreen crystals with metallic luster. Water solutions are blue-green. Used in dyeing silk, wool, biological staining, etc.
- Air & Water ReactionsVery soluble in water.
- Reactivity ProfilePigment Green 18 neutralizes acids in exothermic reactions to form salts plus water. May be incompatible with isocyanates, halogenated organics, peroxides, phenols (acidic), epoxides, anhydrides, and acid halides. Flammable gaseous hydrogen may be generated in combination with strong reducing agents, such as hydrides.
- HazardToxic by ingestion.
- Properties and Applicationsbright blue light green. Green belt flash crystallization. Soluble in cold water and hot water are blue-green, easily soluble in ethanol are blue-green. The strong sulfuric acid for yellow, diluted into dark orange; In nitric acid to orange, diluted into orange brown. The dye solution to join sodium hydroxide formation microstrip green white precipitation; Add hydrochloric acid to red light yellow. Used in acrylic, silk, wool, vinegar fiber dyeing, also used in leather, hemp, bamboo, wood, paper, shading, also used in the manufacture color amylum, solvent dye
Standard Light Fastness Persperation Fastness Ironing Fastness Soaping Fading Stain Fading Stain Fading Stain ISO 3 4-5 4-5 4 5 4-5 4-5 AATCC 2-3
Pigment Green 18 Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Pigment Orange 13 Pigment Orange 5 MALACHITE GREEN LEUCONITRILE MALACHITE GREEN OXALATE EX FAST GREEN EXTRA BLUISH ACILAN FAST GREEN 10G ALIZARINE FAST GREEN CGN EX MALACHITE GREEN CRY PONTAMINE FAST GREEN GL MALACHITE GREEN SOLUTION ACCORDING TO SCHAEFFER AND FULTON Nitro Fast Green GB,Organol Fast Green J ALKALI FAST GREEN 10GA LUXOL FAST GREEN PONTAMINE FAST GREEN 5BL MALACHITE GREEN BASE,MALACHITE GREEN CARBINOL BASE MALACHITE GREEN G,DIAMOND GREEN,ASTRA-DIAMOND GREEN GX,DIAMOND GREEN G ALIZARINE FAST GREEN MALACHITE GREEN G,ASTRA-DIAMOND GREEN GX,DIAMOND GREEN,DIAMOND GREEN G
Pigment Green 18SupplierMore
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:Winchem Industrial Co. Ltd
- Company Name:Adamas Reagent, Ltd.
- Company Name:Chemsky（shanghai）International Co.,Ltd.