ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Biochemical Engineering > Inhibitors > Neuronal Signaling > COX inhibitors > Nepafenac
Basic information Ophthalmic drugs (cataract) Chemical Properties Uses Uses Definition brand name Safety Related Supplier
- Product Name:Nepafenac
- Synonyms: AHR 9434 AL 6515 Nevanac Nepafenac - WS Nepafenac 2-(2-amino-3-benzoyl-phenyl)acetamide 2-Amino-3-benzoylbenzeneacetamide nepafenac,Nevance
- Product Categories: Pharmaceuticals Pharmaceutical intermediate Nevanac Other APIs Amines Aromatics - Intermediates & Fine Chemicals Isotope Labelled Compounds
- Mol File:78281-72-8.mol
Nepafenac Chemical Properties
- Melting point:177-181°C
- storage temp. Refrigerator
- solubility DMSO: ≥5mg/mL
- form powder
- color faint yellow to dark yellow
- Merck 14,6469
- CAS DataBase Reference78281-72-8(CAS DataBase Reference)
Nepafenac Usage And Synthesis
- Ophthalmic drugs (cataract)Nepafenac is a novel ophthalmic non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), for the treatment of eye pain and inflammation caused by cataract surgery, compared with traditional NSAIDs, chemical structure of Nepafenac is conducive to make it rapidly penetrate the cornea and distribute to its target site, which is helpful to reduce the accumulation of the drug in the corneal surface and to reduce the incidence of complications of the eye surface, it has many advantages such as infiltration, targeting strong, little toxic side effects and so on.
August 19, 2005 ,the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved nepafenac ophthalmic suspension for the treatment of cataract surgery-related pain and inflammation, it is the first ophthalmic NSAID prodrug formulation approved for marketing.
Nepafenac after ocular administration, can rapidly pass through the cornea , and under the action of eye tissue hydrolytic enzymes,it can become into ammonia diclofenac (a kind of NSAID); and ammonia diclofenac by inhibiting prostaglandin H synthase ( cyclooxygenase), can block prostaglandin synthesis to play its role as an anti-inflammatory analgesic. As is known, prostaglandin is one of the media causing ocular inflammation it can lead to blood-aqueous barrier crash, vasodilatation, increased vascular permeability and leukocyte chemotaxis, etc. In addition, prostaglandins can also control contraction of the iris sphincter through non-cholinergic mechanism which can trigger the miosis reaction during eye surgery and after surgery. After ocular administration of NSAIDs, it can inhibit prostaglandins synthesis in the iris, ciliary body and conjunctiva, so people can prevent eye inflammation, and reduce the associated pain.
The above information is edited by the chemicalbook of Tian Ye.
- Chemical PropertiesLight Yellow Solid
- UsesNepafenac is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), usually sold as a prescription eye drop. It reduces pain and inflammation in the eyes. Nepafenac ophthalmic is used to reduce pain and swelling after cataract surgery. Its side effects may inclu
- UsesLabelled Nepafenac (N390080). A non-steroidal anti-inflammatory with analgesic activity; selective COX-2 inhibitor. Prodrug of Amfenac.
- DefinitionChEBI: A monocarboxylic acid amide that is amfenac in which the carboxylic acid group has been converted to the corresponding carboxamide. It is a prodrug for amfenac, used in eye drops to treat pain and inflammation following cataract surgery.
- brand nameNevanac (Alcon).
- Company Name:Shanghai Orgpharma Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:+86 (21) 22062033
- Company Name:Jinan Aery Pharmaceutical Co,.Ltd Gold
- Company Name:Shanghai Boyle Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 +86-10-82848833
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:86-21-50328103 * 801、802、803、804 Mobile:18930552037