ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Hormones and the Endocrine System > Prostaglandin drugs > Tafluprost
Tafluprost Chemical Properties
- Boiling point:552.9±50.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.186
Tafluprost Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionGlaucoma is second only to cataracts as a causative factor of blindness.
By 2010, it is estimated that approximately 60 million people worldwide
will be afflicted by glaucoma, so effective treatments should garner a large market.
PG analogs have been widely used for lowering IOP by increasing uveoscleral outflow through agonism of the prostanoid FP
receptor, and currently marketed versions include latanoprost, unoprostone isopropyl ester, bimatoprost, and travoprost.
Compared to the carboxylic acid of latanaprost
(Ki=4.7 nM), the carboxylic acid of tafluprost displayed a 10-fold greater
affinity for the prostanoid FP receptor (Ki=0.4 nM). The synthesis of
tafluprost begins with a Wittig condensation of the protected bicyclic
lactone carbaldehyde with a dimethyl phosphonate ketone derivative.
Compared to the carboxylic acid of latanaprost (Ki 4.7 nM), the carboxylic acid of tafluprost displayed a 10-fold greater affinity for the prostanoid FP receptor (Ki 0.4 nM). The synthesis of tafluprost begins with a Wittig condensation of the protected bicyclic lactone carbaldehyde with a dimethyl phosphonate ketone derivative. The bottom appendage is then completed by the fluorination of the ketone with morpholino-sulfur trifluoride. Hydrolysis of the benzoate ester protecting group liberates the hydroxy group, and reduction of the lactone is accomplished with aluminum hydride to generate the lactol. Condensation of this intermediate with the phosphonium salt of the acid side chain generates the free acid, or active ingredient, which is subsequently esterified with 2-iodopropane in the presence of DBU. .
- OriginatorSanten/Asahi Glass (Japan)
- UsesTafluprost is a novel prostanoid used in the treatment of glaucoma and is the first prostanoid to be released in a preservative free-formula.
- DefinitionChEBI: A prostaglandin Falpha that is prostaglandin F2alpha in which the carboxylic acid function has been converted to the corresponding isopropyl ester and the 3-hydroxy-1-octenyl side- hain is substituted by 3,3-difluoro-4-phenoxybut-1-enyl. Used for treatment of elevated intraocular pressure in patients with open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension.
- brand nameTaflotan
- Travoprost Zonisamide Latanoprost Pirfenidone Vildagliptin Anagrelide hydrochloride Dapoxetine hydrochloride 3-HEPTENOIC ACID 9ALPHA,11ALPHA-DIHYDROXY-15,15-DIFLUORO-16-PHENOXY-17,18,19,20-TETRANOR-PROSTA-5Z,13E-DIEN-1-OIC ACID Tafluprost Maleic acid Prostaglandin E1 Fumaric acid Maleic anhydride POLY(1-BUTENE) Prostaglandin E2 1-BUTENE 3-BUTENE-1,2-DIOL
- Company Name:Chemvon Biotechnology Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:Shanghai finete Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Shanghai Genriver Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Wuhan Weir Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:15307133740 15307133740
- Company Name:Taizhou Crene Biotechnology Co. Ltd. Gold