Basic information Identification test Content analysis Toxicity Usage limit Standard for Allowable Maximum Residue and Maximal amount of Food Additives Chemical properties Uses Preparation Safety Related Supplier
Sodium erythorbate Chemical Properties
- RTECS MP8910000
- Hazardous Substances Data6381-77-7(Hazardous Substances Data)
- Language:EnglishProvider:D-Sodium isoascorbiate
Sodium erythorbate Usage And Synthesis
- Identification testSolubility: it is easily soluble in water; extremely difficult to dissolve in ethanol. It can be measured according to the OT-42 method.
Take 2 ml of 2.0% sample solution; add 2 mL of water, 0.1 g sodium bicarbonate and 0.02 g of ferrous sulfate. Stand after shaking. At this time, it should exhibit dark purple color while addition of 5 mL of dilute sulfuric acid test solution (TS-241) will make the color disappeared.
The burning residue of the sample was dissolved by the water and subject to (TS-2) acidification, and if necessary, subject to filtration. Addition of uranyl zinc acetate test solution (TS-253) should produce yellow crystalline precipitate.
The aqueous solution of the sample allows the discoloration of the 2, 6-dichloroindophenol test solution (TS-84).
- Content analysis0.400 g of the sample pre-dried in a vacuum desiccator (sulfuric acid) for 24 hours was dissolved in a mixed solution consisting of 100 ml of de-carbonated water and 25 ml of dilute sulfuric acid solution (TS-241). Add a few drops of starch solution (TS-235) and immediately titrate with 0.1mol/L iodine solution titration. Each mL of 0.1 mol/L iodine solution was equivalent to 10.807 mg of sodium erythorbate (C6H7O6Na? H2O).
- ToxicityADI is not subject to any special provision (FAO/WHO, 2001).
LD50} 15.3 g/kg (mouse, orally).
- Usage limitGB 2760-2001 (g/kg): beer 0.04; wine, fruit and vegetable juice drinks, 0.15. Canned fruits and vegetables, canned meat, jam, frozen fish, 1.0 (all based on ascorbic acid).
FAO/WHO (1984): luncheon meat, boiled forelegs, cooked ham, cooked minced meat, 500mg/kg (single usage amount or combined amount with ascorbic acid, ascorbic acid and its salts in ascorbic acid).
- Standard for Allowable Maximum Residue and Maximal amount of Food Additives▼▲Name of additiveFood allowed to use it as additivesFunction of additivesMaximal allowable usage （g/kg）Sodium IsoascorbateEight-treasure porridgeAnti-oxidants1.0Sodium IsoascorbateSoy sauce, vinegar, sauce, liquid compound seasoningAnti-oxidants1.0Sodium IsoascorbateTea and coffee drinksAnti-oxidants0.5
- Chemical propertiesIt appears as white to yellow-white crystalline powder or granules. It is almost odorless, slightly salty. In the dry state, it is quite stable in the air. However in solution, it will deteriorate in the presence of air, trace metals, heat and light. The melting point is above 200 ℃ (decomposition). It is soluble in water (17g/100m1) but almost insoluble in ethanol. The pH of the 2% aqueous solution was 5.5 to 8.0.
- UsesIt is antioxidant and antiseptic.
Sodium Isoascorbate is a water-soluble antioxidant which is widely used in China and abroad. Its antioxidant property is significantly stronger than vitamin C. Its price is cheap as well. China provides that it can be used for all types of canned, jam and frozen fish with the maximum usage amount of 1.0g/kg; It can be used for meat with the maximum usage amount being 0.5g/kg (to ascorbic acid dollars); can be used for wine and fruit juice drinks with the largest usage amount being 0.15g/kg; can also be used for beer with the maximum usage amount being 0.04g/kg.
For food antioxidants, preservatives and coloring agent
- PreparationIt is produced through using D-glucose fermentation of Pseudomonas fluorescens Kl005 or Arthrobacter globiformis K1022 to produce 2-keto-D-gluconic acid (or calcium salt), followed by being esterified, transformed and refined. The composition of the fermentation medium is: glucose: 18; yeast extract 0.3; K2HPO4 • 3H2O: 0.05; KH2PO4: 0.05; MgSO4 • 7H2O: 0.025,;CaCO:34.5. The fermentation temperature is controlled at 30~35 ℃, the fermentation period is 30h, and the fermentation conversion ratio (%) is 79.9%. The fermentation broth is supplemented with sulfate and activated carbon for acidification and decoloring, followed by pressurized filtrate to obtain the clean liquid with a yield of 96.6%.
The purified fermentation broth was concentrated by decompression, and methanol and sulfuric acid were added for refluxed esterification of 5h, followed by frozen and centrifuged filtering to obtain methyl ester with a yield of 82.1%. The methyl ester was transformed with basic methanol solution under refluxing conditions, and the product was further frozen and crystallized to dryness to obtain the crude product of D-isoascorbic acid. The conversion yield was 87.3%, and it was dissolved in hot water and decolorized with activated carbon. The filtrate is pressurized filtrated and the supernatant liquid is frozen, crystallized, centrifugalized, washed and vacuum dried to obtain finished product.
The mother liquid is recovered and the yield is 88.0%.
- Chemical PropertiesWHITE CRYSTALLINE POWDER
- UsesAntioxidant and preservative.
- UsesSodium Erythorbate is an antioxidant that is the sodium salt of erythorbic acid. in the dry crystal state it is nonreactive, but in water solution it readily reacts with atmospheric oxygen and other oxidiz- ing agents, a property that makes it valuable as an antioxidant. during preparation, a minimal amount of air should be incorpo- rated and it should be stored at a cool temperature. it has a solubility of 15 g in 100 ml of water at 25°c. on a comparative basis, 1.09 parts of sodium erythorbate are equivalent to 1 part of sodium ascor- bate; 1.23 parts of sodium erythorbate are equivalent to 1 part ery- thorbic acid. it functions to control oxidative color and flavor deterioration in a variety of foods. in meat curing, it controls and accelerates the nitrite curing reaction and maintains the color brightness. it is used in frankfurters, bologna, and cured meats and is occasionally used in beverages, baked goods, and potato salad. it is also termed sodium isoascorbate.
- General DescriptionAlmost odorless fluffy, white to off-white crystalline powder. Used as an antioxidant and preservative.
- Air & Water ReactionsWater soluble.
- Reactivity ProfileSodium erythorbate may be sensitive to prolonged exposure to light. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents .
- Fire HazardFlash point data for Sodium erythorbate are not available; however, Sodium erythorbate is probably combustible.
Sodium erythorbate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Ethyl 4-hydroxybenzoate,sodium salt Sodium alginate Ascoric Acid Ethyl 2-(Chlorosulfonyl)acetate Sodium 2-ethylhexanoate Erythorbic Acid Hyaluronic acid Sodium citrate Sodium gluconate Sodium bicarbonate Citric acid ε-Caprolactone Spironolactone SODIUM GLUCOHEPTONATE Folic acid Diclofenac sodium TRIOXSALEN Sodium erythorbate
- Company Name:Nanjing FNAT Chemical Co.,Ltd. Gold
- Tel:+86-25-86442672 13451895519
- Products Intro:Product Name:D-sodium erythorbate
Purity:99% Package:25KGS / CARTON
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Products Intro:Product Name:SodiuM Isoascorbate Monohydrate
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Products Intro:Product Name:SodiuM Isoascorbate Monohydrate
- Company Name:future industrial shanghai co., ltd
- Products Intro:Product Name:D-Isoascorbic acid Na salt
Purity:98% Package:77RMB/ 25g
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Products Intro:Product Name:Sodium Isoascorbate Monohydrate
Purity:98.0% T Package:25G,500G