ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical Reagents > Organic reagents > Esters > Propyl Ester compound > Diisopropyl azodicarboxylate
Diisopropyl azodicarboxylate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:3-5 °C
- Boiling point:75 °C/0.25 mmHg (lit.)
- Density 1.027 g/mL at 25 °C (lit.)
- vapor pressure 1.04 hPa (20 °C)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:223 °F
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- form Liquid
- color Clear to slightly turbid yellow-orange to red
- Water Solubility insoluble
- Sensitive Light Sensitive
- BRN 1912326
- CAS DataBase Reference2446-83-5(CAS DataBase Reference)
Diisopropyl azodicarboxylate Usage And Synthesis
- Product descriptionIsopropyl azodicarboxylate (Acronym DIAD; foaming agent DIPA) belongs to diisopropyl azo-hydroxy acid salt. At room temperature, it is an orange-red transparent oily liquid with special smell and is soluble in almost all organic solvents and plasticizers. It is also insoluble in water but soluble in common plasticizer. It can be well miscible with plastic with good thermal stability. Storage stability: the decomposition substance is colorless, non-toxic, non-pollution, non-blooming and odorless. In the range of 40~120 °C, it can obtain high gas evolution. It is also the liquid blowing agent of vinyl resin and can be used to make light-colored vinyl foam. It has a uniform pore structure, with different formulations and processing conditions obtaining the foam of either closed pore or open pore. It can also be used as pharmaceutical intermediates and organic synthesis reagents.
The above information is edited by the chemicalbook of Dai Xiongfeng.
- UsesIt can be used as dye intermediates, pharmaceutical intermediates, organic synthesis reagents, and the foaming agent of the rubber plastics liquid.
Isopropyl azodicarboxylate can be used for the liquid foaming agent of vinyl resin. It can be used to make light-colored vinyl foam. It has a uniform pore structure with different formulations and processing conditions giving foam of either closed pore or open pore. It can also be used as pharmaceutical intermediates, and organic synthesis reagents.
- Chemical PropertiesCLEAR ORANGE LIQUID
- UsesDiisopropyl Azodicarboxylate is an azodicarboxylic acid derivative used as a reagent in the production of many organic compounds. Diisopropyl Azodicarboxylate is commonly used as an oxidizer in Mitsun obu reactions and can also serve as a selective deprotectant of N-benzyl groups in the presence of other protecting groups.
- Purification MethodsPurify the azo compound by distillation at as high a vacuum as possible. Since it is likely to explode, use an oil bath for heating the still, and all operations should be carried out behind an adequate shield. [Kauer Org Synth Coll Vol IV 412 1963, Beilstein 3 III 233]. This reagent is useful in the Mitsunobu reaction [Mitsunobu Synthesis 1 1981, Gennari et al. J Am Chem Soc 108 6394 1986, Evans et al. J Am Chem Soc 108 6394 1986, Hughes Org React 42 335 1992, Dodge et al. Org Synth 73 110 1996, Hughes Org Prep Proc Int 28 127 1996, Ferguson & Marcelle J Am Chem Soc 128 4576 2006; see also di-tert-butyl azodicarboxylate and DEAD above].
Diisopropyl azodicarboxylate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Dimethyl 2,2'-azobis(2-methylpropionate) Diethyl azodicarboxylate 2,2'-Azobis(2-methylpropionamidine) dihydrochloride 2,2'-AZOBIS[2-METHYL-N-(2-HYDROXYETHYL)PROPIONAMIDE] 2,2'-Azobis(2-methylpropionitrile) 2,2'-Azobis(2,4-dimethyl)valeronitrile Azodicarbonamide Orlistat L-Methionine AHLBNYSZXLDEJQ-FICKONGGSA-N Orlistat Impurity 32 (2S,3S,5S)-5-[(N-Formyl-L-leucyl)oxy]-2-hexyl-3-hydroxyhexadecanoic Acid (Orlistat Impurity) (S,S,R,S)-Orlistat N-ForMyl-L-leucine [S-(E)]-1-(2-Nonenyl)dodecyl Ester Orlistat Tetradecyl Ester Isopentyl (2R)-Orlistat Tetradecyl Ester [2S-[2α(R*),3β]]-N-ForMyl- (2S,3R,5S)-5-[(N-Formyl-L-leucyl)oxy]-2-hexyl-3-hydroxyhexadecanoic Acid (Orlistat Impurity) N-ForMyl-
- Company Name:NANJING SHUNXIANG PHARMACEUTICAL TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD. Gold
- Tel:13913839793 025-86819862-
- Company Name:Suzhou BEC Biological Technology Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:13862064516 0512-68095917
- Company Name:Shandong Vantage Specialty Chemicals Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18678026865 1867-8026865-
- Company Name:Wuhan Heshun Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Weifang Siyuan Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:17663601818 0536-8888106-
- Mar 3，2021