ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Antineoplastic agents > Antibiotics anticancer drugs > Bleomycin sulfate
Bleomycin sulfate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:200-204°C (dec.)
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- solubility H2O: 20 mg/mL
- form powder
- color white
- Water Solubility Soluble in water or DMSO
- Merck 14,1318
- CAS DataBase Reference9041-93-4(CAS DataBase Reference)
Bleomycin sulfate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesWhite Powder
- UsesA group of related glycopeptide antibiotics. Bleomycin A2 is the main component of the bleomycin employed clinically. Antineoplastic
- UsesBleomycin is a complex of 11 glycopeptide antitumour antibiotics originally isolated from Streptomyces verticillus in 1972. The dominant components of the complex are bleomycin A2 and B2, which typically represent >90% of the total weight . Bleomycins have found clinical application in the treatment of a range of tumours. Bleomycins act by intercalation of DNA and RNA. In the presence of oxygen and metal ions, notably copper and iron, bleomycins form a pseudo-enzyme that induces DNA cleavage.
- UsesBleomycin is a complex of 11 glycopeptide antitumor antibiotics originally isolated from Streptomyces verticillus in 1972. The dominant components of the complex are bleomycin A2 and B2, which typically represent >90% of the total weight. Bleomycins have found clinical application in the treatment of a range of tumors. Bleomycins act by intercalation of DNA and RNA. In the presence of oxygen and metal ions, notably copper and iron, bleomycins form a pseudo-enzyme that induces DNA cleavage.
- brand nameBlenoxane (Bristol-Myers Squibb).
- General DescriptionBleomycin occurs as a white powder and is available in 15-and 30-U vials for reconstitution in water. It may be givenintravenously, intramuscularly, or subcutaneously. It is used in the treatment of squamous cell carcinoma of the headneck, cervix, penis, and vulva. It is also used in Hodgkin’sand non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma as well as testicular carcinoma.Unlabeled uses include the treatment of mycosis fungoides,osteosarcoma, and AIDS-related Kaposi sarcoma.
- Veterinary Drugs and TreatmentsBleomycin has occasionally been used as adjunctive treatment of lymphomas, squamous cell carcinomas, teratomas, and nonfunctional thyroid tumors in both dogs and cats. Recent work has demonstrated that bleomycin may be promising for intralesional treatment for a variety of localized tumors with or without concomitant electropermeabilization.
Bleomycin sulfate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Ferrous sulfate heptahydrate Sodium sulfate Ethyl acrylate Aluminum sulfate Ammonium sulfate ALTRENOGEST Ethyl vanillin Heparitin, sulfate Ferrous sulfate monohydrate sulfate Neomycin sulfate BLEOMYCIN SULFATE, STREPTOMYCES VERTICILLUS Magnesium sulfate heptahydrate Barium sulfate Potassium sulfate Ethyl acetate calcium sulfate Glycine
- Company Name:Lancrix Chemicals Gold
- Company Name:Nanjing Sunlida Biological Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Beijing Solarbio Science & Tecnology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Beijing Mesochem Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Taizhou Creating Chemical Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:18906581668 576-88827176