Dithizone Chemical Properties
- Melting point:168 °C (dec.) (lit.)
- Boiling point:376.1±25.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.2578 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.5700 (estimate)
- storage temp. no restrictions.
- pkapK1:4.50;pK2:15 (25°C)
- form Crystalline
- color Black powder
- Water Solubility Soluble in ethanol, chloroform, dimethylsulfoxide, and pyridine. Insoluble in water.
- Merck 14,3377
- BRN 748838
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference60-10-6(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemDiazenecarbothioic acid, phenyl-, 2-phenylhydrazide (60-10-6)
Dithizone Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiesdark brown or black crystals
- UsesDithizone is an organosulfur compound that acts as a chelating agent and forms complexes with metals such as lead and mercury. Dithizone is used to assess the purity of human pancreatic islet preparations used for transplantation into patients with type 1 diabetes.
- UsesSensitive reagent for several heavy metals, Co, Cu, Pb, and Hg; especially for the estimation of minute amounts of Pb.
- UsesDithizone is used as an indicator for minute amounts of lead. It acts as a chelating agent for heavy metal poisoning. As a ligand, it forms complexes with metals like zinc, lead and mercury. Further, it is used to assess the purity of human pancreatic islet preparations, which is used for transplantation in patients with type 1 diabetes. In addition to this, it is used as a titrant in the quantitative determination of heavy metals.
- General DescriptionDithizone (Diphenylthiocarbazone) is used as chelating agent for zinc. It is widely used for the liquid-liquid and solid phase extraction of various metals since it forms stable complexes with the metals.
- Purification MethodsThe crude dithizone is dissolved in CCl4 to give a concentrated solution. This is filtered through a sintered glass funnel and shaken with 0.8M aqueous ammonia to extract dithizonate ion. The aqueous layer is washed with several portions of CCl4 to remove undesirable materials. The aqueous layer is acidified with dilute H2SO4 to precipitate pure dithizone. This is dried in a vacuum. When only small amounts of dithizone are required, purification by paper chromatography is convenient. [Cooper & Hibbits J Am Chem Soc 75 5084 1933.] Instead of CCl4, CHCl3 can be used, and the final extract, after washing with water, can be evaporated in air at 40-50o and dried in a desiccator. It complexes with Cd, Hg, Ni and Zn. [Beilstein 16 H 26, 16 IV 18.]
Dithizone Preparation Products And Raw materials
Azobenzene N-Aminothiourea Methylhydrazine Phenylhydrazine Thiourea 1，2-Dimethyl hydrazine DIPHENYLCARBAZONE Disulfiram Biphenyl Dithizone Hydrazinium hydroxide solution Semicarbazide Carbohydrazide 1-PHENYL-3-THIOSEMICARBAZIDE THIOFORMAMIDE Bithionol Bis(cyclohexanone)oxaldihydrazone
- Company Name:Shenyang Xianchuang Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13840269002 024-23769576-
- Company Name:Chengdu HuaXia Chemical Reagent Co. Ltd Gold
- Tel:13458535857 400-1166-196
- Company Name:Shenyang yimoke chemical products co. LTD Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-