UV Absorber 234
Basic information Characterization Physical Properties Applications Features/benefits Guidelines for use Handling & Safety Safety Related Supplier
UV Absorber 234 Chemical Properties
- Melting point:139-143 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:589.3±60.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.12±0.1 g/cm3(Predicted)
- Flash point:383 °F(lit.)
- solubility H2O: <0.04 ppm at 20 °C, insoluble
- form powder
- Water Solubility insoluble, <0.04 ppm at 20 ºC
- CAS DataBase Reference70321-86-7(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemPhenol, 2-(2H-benzotriazol-2-yl)-4,6-bis(1-methyl-1-phenylethyl)- (70321-86-7)
UV Absorber 234 Usage And Synthesis
- CharacterizationUV Absorber 234 is a high molecular weight ultraviolet light absorber (UVA) of the hydroxyphenyl benzotriazole class, imparting excellent light stability to a variety of polymers.
- Physical Properties
- ApplicationsUV Absorber 234 is highly effective for polymers processed at high temperatures such as polycarbonates, polyalkylene terephthalates, polyacetals, polyamides, polyphenylene sulfide, polyphenylene oxide, aromatic copolymers, thermoplastic polyurethane and polyurethane fibers, as well as for polyvinylchloride, styrene homo- and copolymers. Applications include molded articles, films, sheets and fibers.
- Features/benefitsUV Absorber 234 features low volatility, exceptional light absorbing characteristics and good compatibility in various substrates. This makes the product particularly suitable for applications characterized by high surface area, such as films and fibers.
- Guidelines for useUse levels of UV Absorber 234 range between 0.15 and 0.60 %, depending on substrate and performance requirements of the final application. UV Absorber 234can be used alone or in combination with other functional additives such as antioxidants (hindered phenols, phosphites) and HALS light stabilizers, where often a synergistic performance is observed. Extensive performance data of UV Absorber 234 alone or in combination with other additives are available in many of the substrates listed above.
- Handling & SafetyUV Absorber 234 exhibits a very low order of oral toxicity and does not present any abnormal problems in its handling or general use. Detailed information on handling and any precautions to be observed in the use of the product(s) described in this leaflet can be found in our relevant health and safety information sheet.
- UsesBenzotriazole BT is a low volatile benzotriazole UV light absorber and stabilizer.
- UV-329 Ultraviolet Absorbent UV-360 Ultraviolet Absorbent UV-1164 2-METHYL-2H-BENZOTRIAZOLE 3,5-DI-TERT-BUTYLANILINE Benazol P UV-320 2,4-BIS(ALPHA,ALPHA-DIMETHYLBENZYL)PHENOL UV Absorber 234 Methanol Methyl salicylate Methyl Methylparaben Hydroxyethyl Cellulose Hydroxyethyl starch Tribenuron methyl Phenylacetone p-(2-Methoxyethyl) phenol
UV Absorber 234SupplierMore
- Company Name:RIANLON CORPORATION Gold
- Tel:18522148977 22-8371-8817
- Company Name:Changzhou Sunchem Pharmaceutical Chemical Material Co.,Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13660798926 0519-85269522
- Company Name:Deltachem (Qingdao) Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:Tianjin Zhongxin Chemtech Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-