ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Organic Chemistry > Diazo,azo Or azoxy Compounds > Azodicarbonamide
Azodicarbonamide Chemical Properties
- Melting point:220-225 °C (dec.)(lit.)
- Boiling point:217.08°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.65
- refractive index 1.4164 (estimate)
- Flash point:225 °C
- storage temp. Flammables area
- solubility water: soluble0.033g/L at 20°C
- color Yellow to orange-red crystalline powder
- color Orange-red powder or crystals
- Water Solubility SOLUBLE IN HOT WATER
- Merck 14,919
- BRN 1758709
- Stability:Highly flammable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents, strong acids, strong bases, heavy metal salts.
- CAS DataBase Reference123-77-3(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceDiazenedicarboxamide(123-77-3)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemAzodicarbonamide (123-77-3)
Azodicarbonamide Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionAzodicarbonamide is a synthetic chemical that exists at ambient temperature as a yellow-orange crystalline solid. Azodicarbonamide is mainly used as a blowing agent in the rubber and plastics industries in the expansion of a wide range of polymers, including polyvinyl chloride, polyolefins, and natural/synthetic rubbers. Azodicarbonamide is also used as a food additive, such as an aging and bleaching ingredient in cereal flour and as a dough conditioner in bread baking.
- References https://www.fda.gov
 C. D. Han, Y. W. Kim and K. D. Malhotra, A study of foam extrusion using a chemical blowing agent , Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 1976, vol. 20, 1583-1595
- Chemical Propertiesorange crystalline powder
- UsesAzodicarboxamide is used as an additive to wheat flour breads and dough to improve the physical properties of the dough and the baking performance. It is also used to optimize the levels of oxidant/re ducing agents in the baking of wheat flour.
- UsesAs blowing and foaming agent for plastics; as maturing and bleaching agent in cereal flour.
- UsesAzodicarbonamide is a dough conditioner that exists as a yellow to orange-red crystalline powder practically insoluble in water. it is used in aging and bleaching cereal flour to produce a more manage- able dough and a lighter, more voluminous loaf of bread. it is used in bread flours and bread as a dough conditioner. it can be used with the oxidizing agent potassium bromate. a typical use level is less than 45 ppm.
- General DescriptionA yellow to orange powder. Insoluble in water and common solvents. Soluble in dimethyl sulfoxide. Nontoxic.
- Air & Water ReactionsHighly flammable. Water insoluble. Dust may form an explosive mixture in air.
- Reactivity ProfileAzodicarbonamide is easily ignited and burns rapidly. Confined samples show a high rate of pressure rise during thermal decomposition, which produces carbon monoxide and nitrogen. Sensitive to temperatures exceeding 122°F. May be sensitive to exposure to light. Stable in bulk when stored for two weeks at temperatures up to 140°F. Slightly unstable in water suspension (showed1.3% decomposition at 2 mg/mL over a two-week period at room temperature in the light but no decomposition at 41°F over a two-week period in the dark . Reacts with hot water to give nitrogen, carbon monoxide, and ammonia [Hawley]. Decomposes in hot hydrochloric acid. Incompatible with strong acids and bases, and with compounds of metals.
- Health HazardInhalation or contact with vapors, substance or decomposition products may cause severe injury or death. May produce irritating, toxic and/or corrosive gases. Runoff from fire control may cause pollution.
- Fire HazardSelf-decomposition or self-ignition may be triggered by heat, chemical reaction, friction or impact. May be ignited by heat, sparks or flames. Some may decompose explosively when heated or involved in a fire. May burn violently. Decomposition may be self-accelerating and produce large amounts of gases. Vapors or dust may form explosive mixtures with air.
- Safety ProfileFlammable solid. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of NOx.
Azodicarbonamide Preparation Products And Raw materials
- DMC Foamer ADC-K Foamer ADC-F Azodicarbonamide (AZO) Azodicarbonamide(Adc) Foamer ADC-410 N,N,N',N'-Tetramethylazodicarboxamide 1,1'-(Azodicarbonyl)-dipiperidine AZODICARBOXYLIC BISMORPHOLIDE Azodicarbonamide PHTHALAMIDE N,N-Dimethylformamide Polyacrylamide Azodicarbonmide Acrylamide Di-tert-Butyl azodicarboxylate Metformin
- Company Name:-Xingyang Tenth Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13783699777 0371-64912222-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Beijing Ouhe Technology Co., Ltd
- Tel:13552068683 010-82967028-
- Company Name:Secco work (Beijing) chemical technology co., LTD
- Company Name:Adamas Reagent, Ltd.