ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Biochemical Engineering > Biochemical Reagents > Biological Dyes > ALLURA RED AC
ALLURA RED AC
ALLURA RED AC Chemical Properties
- Melting point:>300 °C(lit.)
- storage temp. Inert atmosphere,Room Temperature
- solubility Soluble in water, ethanol
- form powder
- Colour Index 16035
- color Dark red
- λmax504 nm
- Merck 14,284
- Biological ApplicationsAntifungal formulation; treating bone metabolic diseases,coughing,sneezing,rhinorrhea,nasal obstruction,periodontal disease,rhinitis
- EPA Substance Registry SystemC.I. Food Red 17 (25956-17-6)
ALLURA RED AC Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionFD & C Red No. 40 is principally the disodium salt of 6-hydroxy5-[(2-methoxy-5-methyl-4-sulfophenyl)azo]2-napthalenesulfonic acid.
The colorant is a red powder that dissolves in water to give a solution red at neutrality and in acid and dark red in base. It is slightly soluble in 95% ethanol.
FD & C Red No. 40 is used in gelatins, puddings, custards, alcoholic and nonalcoholic beveraes, sauces, toppings, candy sugars, frostings, fruits, juices, dairy products, bakery products, jams, jellies, condiments, meat, and poultry. FD & C Red No. 40 is also used for coloring drugs and cosmetics.1 .
- Chemical PropertiesRed powder
- UsesColor additive in foods, drugs and cosmetics. It is used as a food dye and has the E number E129. The study found increased levels of hyperactivity and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and low er IQs were observed in children consuming the chemicals. It is banned in Denmark, Belgium, France, Switzerland, Sweden.
- UsesColor additive in foods, drugs and cosmetics.
- UsesAllura Red AC (FD&C Red #40) is a colorant. It has good stability to ph changes from ph 3 to 8, showing no appreciable change. It has excellent solubility in water with a solubility of 22 g/100 ml at 25°c. It has very good stability to light, fair to poor stability to oxidation, good stability to heat, and shows no appreciable change in stability in 10% sugar systems. It has a yellowish-red hue and has a very good tinctorial strength. It has very good compatibility with food components and is used in beverages, desserts, candy, confections, cereals, and ice cream. The common name is allura? red ac.
- Preparation4-Amino-5-methoxy-2-methylbenzenesulfonic acid diazo, and 6-Hydroxynaphthalene-2-sulfonic acid?coupling.
- Properties and ApplicationsYellow light red to red. Deep red powder, odourless. Soluble in water, 0.1% water solution is what with red, can dissolve in glycerin and propylene glycol, slightly soluble in ethanol, insoluble in grease. Has the characteristics of acid dyes. In 100ml 0.2 mol/ L ammonium acetate solution contains 0.001g samples, the maximum absorption wavelength for 499 + 2 nm. Resistance to light sex, heat resistance, the salt resistance, resistance to acidic sex is strong. To such as citric acid, tartaric acid stability. Good alkali resistance and oxidizing is good, the sulfur dioxide well tolerated.
ALLURA RED AC Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Sunset Yellow FCF Natamycin SODIUM ERYTHORBATE Riboflavin Tartrazine Sorbic acid 6-Hydroxynaphthalene-2-sulphonic acid CROCEIN ORANGE G Acid Orange 7 Solvent Red 1 c Allura Red Ac Allura red AC alulminium lake Food Yellow 3:1 M-TOLUIDINE-4-SULFONIC ACID 4-Amino-5-methoxy-2-methylbenzensulfonic acid 2-PHENYLAZO-4-METHYLPHENOL 2,2'-DIHYDROXYAZOBENZENE ALLURA RED AC
ALLURA RED ACSupplierMore
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:Adamas Reagent, Ltd.
- Company Name:Chemsky（shanghai）International Co.,Ltd.