ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Synthetic Anti-infective Drugs > Antifungal Drugs > Bifonazole
Bifonazole Chemical Properties
- Melting point:142℃
- Boiling point:440.55°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.1150 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.7620 (estimate)
- storage temp. room temp
- solubility Soluble in DMSO
- form powder
- color white to off-white
- Merck 14,1213
- CAS DataBase Reference60628-96-8(CAS DataBase Reference)
Bifonazole Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionBifonazole represents the first topical broad spectrum antimycotic approved for once daily administration. Its in vitro activity appears equivalent to its structural relative clotrimazole, being effective against dermatophytes, other filamentous fungi, dimorphic fungi and yeasts.
- Chemical PropertiesWhite or almost white, crystalline powder.
- OriginatorBayer (W. Germany)
- Manufacturing Process38.8g (0.15 mol) of 4-phenylbenzophenone are dissolved in 200 ml of ethanol
and 39 (0.075 mol) of sodium borohydride are added. After heating for 15
hours under reflux, and allowing to cool, the reaction mixture is hydrolyzed
with water containing a little hydrochloric acid. The solid thereby produced is
purified by recrystallization from ethanol. 36 g (89% of theory) of (biphenyl-
4-yl)-phenyl-carbinol [alternatively named as diphenyl-phenyl carbinol or α-
(biphenyl-4-yl)benzylalcohol] of melting point 72°-73°C are obtained.
13.6 g (0.2 mol) of imidazole are dissolved in 150 ml of acetonitrile and 3.5 ml of thionyl chloride are added at 10°C. 13 g (0.05 mol) of (biphenyl-4-yl)- phenyl-carbinol are added to the solution of thionyl-bis-imidazole thus obtained. After standing for 15 hours at room temperature, the solvent is removed by distillation in vacuo. The residue is taken up in chloroform and the solution is washed with water. The organic phase is collected, dried over sodium sulfate and filtered and the solvent is distilled off in vacuo. The oily residue is dissolved in ethyl acetate and freed from insoluble, resinous constituents by filtration. The solvent is again distilled off in vacuo and the residue is purified by recrystallization from acetonitrile, 8.7 g (56% of theory) of (biphenyl-4-yl)-imidazol-1-yl-phenylmethane [alternatively named as diphenyl-imidazolyl-(1)-phenyl-methane or as 1-(α-biphenyl-4- ylbenzyl)imidazole] of melting point 142°C are obtained.
- brand nameMycospor (Bayer).
- Therapeutic FunctionAntifungal
Bifonazole Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Methyl bromide Parathion-methyl ETHYLENEDIAMINE TETRAKIS(PROPOXYLATE-BLOCK-ETHOXYLATE) TETROL Thiophanate-methyl FIREMASTER BP-6 Imidazole Benzyltriethylammonium chloride 5-Chlorovaleric acid Pralmorelin DL-α-Tocopherol Bensulfuron methyl Bifendate Bifonazole PHENYL VALERATE Methyl acrylate 4-(Diethylamino)salicylaldehyde Diphenolic acid Methyl
- Company Name:Wuhan Zeno Biological Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Xuzhou Sunyu Chemical Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:HuBei ShengBaoLai Biological Technology Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:Fan De(Beijing) Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:ricentik Gold
- Tel:15623325337 4001-020-027