ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Blood System Drugs > Anticoagulant and Antiplatelet Drugs > Argatroban
Argatroban Chemical Properties
- Melting point:188-1890C
- Boiling point:777.2±70.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.47±0.1 g/cm3(Predicted)
- storage temp. Store at +4°C
- form White to off-white powder.
- CAS DataBase Reference74863-84-6(CAS DataBase Reference)
Argatroban Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionArgatroban is a new synthetic antithrombotic agent useful in maintenance anticoagulation them ischemic stroke and disseminated intravascular coagulation. In patients on hemodialysis, argatroban is su enor to heparin, generating a more stable antithrombin effect. Other potential uses include progressing ischemic stroke and disseminated intravascular coagulation.
- Chemical PropertiesWhite to Off-White Crystalline Solid
- OriginatorMitsubishi Kasei; Daiichi (Japan)
- UsesSynthetic thrombin inhibitor. Antithrombotic.
- Usesanticoagulant;direct thrombine inhibitor
- brand nameNovastan (Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, Japan);Slonnon.
- PharmacokineticsArgatroban is administered subcutaneously because of the low lipophilicity of the drug. The drug is bound to plasma protein and is metabolized via CYP3A4/5 to the aromatized metabolite and the two hydroxylated metabolites. The M-1 metabolite retains 20 to 30% of the antithrombotic activity. Coadministration of argatroban with inhibitors of CYP3A4 does not appear to produce clinically significant effects. Argatroban is eliminated via biliary secretion into the feces.
- Clinical UseArgatroban has been approved for the prophylaxis and treatment of thrombosis in patients with HIT (79). Argatroban is a peptidomimetic that binds selectively to the catalytic site of thrombin as a univalent competitive DTI. Argatroban is available as a mixture of 21-R and 21-S diastereomers (64:36), with the S-isomer approximately twice as potent as the R-isomer. The drug is a reversible inhibitor of both free thrombin as well as clot-bound thrombin.
Argatroban Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Company Name:Shenzhen Hengfeng Wanda Pharmaceutical Technology Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:18126518403 755-22677922-801
- Company Name:Shanghai Hui Feng Biological Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Guangzhou Dreampharm Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:17825480238 020-36607679-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Chemvon Biotechnology Co., Ltd