ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Nervous system drugs > Drug Metabolism in Human Brain > Idebenone
Idebenone Chemical Properties
- Melting point:52-550C
- Boiling point:497.3±45.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.08±0.1 g/cm3(Predicted)
- storage temp. Room temp
- form neat
- Merck 14,4888
- CAS DataBase Reference58186-27-9(CAS DataBase Reference)
- Hazard Codes Xi
- WGK Germany 3
- RTECS GU5290000
Idebenone Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionIdebenone is an organic compound belonging to the quinone family, being similar to coenzyme Q-10. It is a kind of drug developed by Takeda Pharmaceutical Company for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease and some other cognitive defects. However, these have been not very much progress associated with this indication. It is now also used for the treatment of Friedreich’s ataxia with a positive effect on cardiac hypertrophy and neurological function. However, this indication is only approved in Canada, not in Europe and US. It is now under investigation on its efficacy for the treatment of Duchenne muscular dystrophy, Leber’s hereditary optic neuropathy, mitochondrial encephalomyopathy, lactic acidosis, and stroke-like episodes) as well as primary progressive multiple sclerosis. The efficacy of this drug still demands more evidences.
- DescriptionIdebenone is a structural relative of ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q10) that protects the CNS from the effects of ischemia via improving brain metabolism. It is reported to be of potential use in the management of patients with cerebral apoplexy, cerebral arteriosclerosis and related disorders.
- Chemical PropertiesYellow-Orange Crystalline Solid
- OriginatorTakeda (Japan)
- Usescognition enhancer, nootropic
- Useschemotherapy drug
- UsesUbiquinone derivative with protective effects against cerebral ischemia. Nootropic
- Usesidebenone is an anti-oxidant capable of protecting the skin from a variety of free-radical attacks, including the formation of secondary chemicals that negatively affect skin physiology. It is said to improve intrinsic as well as extrinsic skin damage caused by freeradical formation. Idebenone is a synthetically manufactured form of coenzyme Q10 and has a smaller molecular structure. This allows it to penetrate the skin and apparently the cellular membrane. Clinical studies demonstrate a visible improvement in photodamaged skin, reduced skin roughness and dryness, decreased fine lines and wrinkles, and increased skin hydration. In addition, idebenone helps improve hyperpigmentation because its molecular structure is similar to that of hydroquinone. Although most of the associated benefits are seen primarily in the epidermis, some increase in dermal collagen has also been confirmed. Idebenone has been used for such health-related problems as Alzheimer’s and heart disease.
- DefinitionChEBI: A member of the class of 1,4-benzoquinones which is substituted by methoxy groups at positions 2 and 3, by a methyl group at positions 5, and by a 10-hydroxydecyl group at positions 6. Initially developed for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease, benefits ere modest; it was subsequently found to be of benefit for the symptomatic treatment of Friedreich's ataxia.
- brand nameAVAN
- Biological ActivityAntioxidant and neuroprotective agent. Protects mitochondrial membranes against lipid peroxidation and blocks glutamate neurotoxicity in vitro and in vivo . Inhibits apoptosis of astrocytes via increased NGF production.
Idebenone Preparation Products And Raw materials
- p-Toluquinone METHOXYBENZOQUINONE 2,3-dimethyl-2,5-cyclohexadiene-1,4 dione 3-methoxy-2,5-toluquinone 2,3-DIMETHOXY-5,6-DIMETHYL-P-BENZOQUINONE Idebenone Methyltriethoxysilane 1,4-Benzoquinone Methyltrimethoxysilane Dimethyldimethoxysilane 1,1-Dimethoxyethane Methyl Methylparaben Kresoxim-methyl Bensulfuron methyl Dimethyl methylphosphonate Methyl acrylate Diphenyldimethoxysilane
- Company Name:Puripharm Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13167223168 0572-2745768-1
- Company Name:Xi'an Kono chem co., Ltd., Gold
- Company Name:Shaanxi billion Kang Long biological technology co., LTD Gold
- Tel:17791478691 177-9147-8691
- Company Name:Wuhan lanabai Pharmaceutical Chemical Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:Shanghai Boyle Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Tel:Mr Qiu:021-50182298(Demestic market) Miss Xu：021-50180596（Abroad market）
- Aug 27，2019