ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical Reagents > Organic reagents > Siloxane > Methyltrimethoxysilane
Methyltrimethoxysilane Chemical Properties
- Melting point:<-70°C
- Boiling point:102-104 °C(lit.)
- Density 0.955 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- vapor pressure 2990 hPa (20 °C)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:52 °F
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- form liquid
- color colorless
- Specific Gravity0.955
- Water Solubility decomposes
- Sensitive Moisture Sensitive
- Hydrolytic Sensitivity7: reacts slowly with moisture/water
- BRN 1736151
- Stability:Stable, but moisture sensitive. Highly flammable. Incompatible with water, strong acids, strong oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference1185-55-3(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceSilane, trimethoxymethyl-(1185-55-3)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemTrimethoxymethylsilane (1185-55-3)
Methyltrimethoxysilane Usage And Synthesis
- ApplicationMethyltrimethoxysilane is highly miscible with standard organic solvents, such as alcohols, hydrocarbons and acetone. It is practically insoluble in neutral water and reacts only slowly to form silanols and higher condensation products. Addition of a hydrolytic catalyst (inorganic/organic acids, ammonia or amines) accelerates the hydrolysis of Methyltrimethoxysilane substantially.
As a Filler Modifier, Methyltrimethoxysilane is used mainly to render a wide range of surfaces and materials water repellent (e.g. mineral fillers, pigments, glass, cardboard). It may be used pure or in solution to treat fillers, using suitable mixing equipment. It may be necessary to first pre-treat the substrate with water and/or a catalyst. It is also used in the production of silicone resins and condensation-curing silicone rubber, used as an important component in sol-gel systems.
As one of the most common Alkoxy Crosslinkers, Methyltrimethoxysilane has high reactivity that precedes by nucleophilic substitution usually in the presence of acid or base catalysts.
- DescriptionTrimethoxy (methyl) silane is an organosilicon compound. It can be used as a crosslinker in the preparation of polysiloxane polymers. It can also be used as an acid scavenge used in the formation of substituted azulenes from allenylsilanes and tropyl?ium tetrafluoroborate. It can also be used as the precursor for synthesis of flexible silica aerogels.
- Chemical PropertiesColorless clear liquid
- UsesMethyltrimethoxysilane(MTMS) in combination with iron nitrate altered the pore structure dramatically. As the Crosslinking agent of RTV silicone rubber and glass fiber surface treatment agent and talk to agents outside of reinforced plastic laminated products in order to improve the mechanical strength, heat resistance, moisture resistance. Methyltrimethoxysilane is used as an acid scavenger, for example in the formation of substituted azulenes from allenylsilanes and tropyl-ium tetrafluoroborate.
- Purification MethodsMethyl trimethoxysilane [1185-55-3] M 136.2, b 102o/760mm, d 4 1.3687, n D 1.3711. Likely impurities are 1,3-dimethyltetramethoxy disiloxane (b 31o/1mm) and cyclic polysiloxanes, see methyl triethoxysilane. [Tamborski & Post J Org Chem 16 1400 1952, Seyferth & Rochow J Org Chem 20 250 1955, Beilstein 4 IV 4203.]
- Referenceshttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methyltrimethoxysilane https://www.alfa.com/zh-cn/catalog/B23594/
Rao, A. V., et al. "Synthesis of flexible silica aerogels using methyltrimethoxysilane (MTMS) precursor." Journal of Colloid & Interface Science 300.1(2006):279-85.
Bhagat, Sharad D., et al. "Methyltrimethoxysilane based monolithic silica aerogels via ambient pressure drying." Microporous & Mesoporous Materials 100.1–3(2007):350-355.
Methyltrimethoxysilane Preparation Products And Raw materials
- SILANE COUPLING AGENT Chloromethyltrimethoxysilane Methyltriethoxysilane 3-Methacryloxypropyltrimethoxysilane 3-Aminopropyltriethoxysilane Vinyltriacetoxysilane Triethoxyvinylsilane Trimethoxysilylpropanethiol N-[3-(Trimethoxysilyl)propyl]ethylenediamine Methyltrimethoxysilane 3-Chloropropyltriethoxysilane Methyltriacetoxysilane Vinyltrimethoxysilane Phenyltriethoxysilane Trimethoxy[2-(7-oxabicyclo[4.1.0]hept-3-yl)ethyl]silane 3-Chloropropyltrimethoxysilane 2-(DIPHENYLPHOSPHINO)ETHYLTRIETHOXYSILANE ALLYLTRIETHOXYSILANE
- Company Name:Shandong Wanda Organosilicon New Materials Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Guangdong wengjiang Chemical Reagent Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Qufu Chenguang Chemical Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:18366746633 0537-4409155
- Company Name:Kangdi chemical (Hubei) Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:Hubei shengdali Chemical Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:18995558541 027-83629626-