GELLAN GUM Chemical Properties
- form Powder
- color White
- Water Solubility Soluble in water.
- EPA Substance Registry SystemGellan gum (71010-52-1)
- WGK Germany 2
- TSCA Yes
GELLAN GUM Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionGellan gum is a kind of anionic polysaccharide produced through the submerged fermentation of the bacterium Sphingomonas elodea. It is soluble in water. It is a polymer with tetrascharide being the repeating unit; the tetrascharide consists of two residues of D-glucose and one of each residue of L-rhamnose and D-glucuronic acid. It can be used as a gelling, texturizing and suspension hydrocolloid. It is a suitable agar substitute which can be supplemented to various kinds of growth media for microbes, especially thermophilic microorganisms because of its resistance to relatively high temperature (120 degree). It can also be used as gelling agent in plant cell culture on Petri dishes. It can also be used as a food additive, e.g. it can be used in plant based milks to keep plant protein suspended in the milk.
- Chemical PropertiesA high molecular weight polysaccharide gum produced by a pureculture fermentation of a carbohydrate with Pseudomonas elodea, and purified by recovery with isopropyl alcohol, dried, and milled. It is a heteropolysaccharide comprising a tetrasaccharide repeating unit of one rhamnose, one glucuronic acid, and two glucose units. The glucuronic acid is neutralized to mixed potassium, sodium, calcium, and magnesium salts. It may contain acyl (glyceryl and acetyl) groups as the O-glycosidically linked ester. It occurs as an off-white powder that is soluble in hot or cold deionized water.
- Usesgellan gum is used as a gelling agent, thickener, and stabilizer in cosmetic preparations.
- UsesGellan Gum is a gum obtained by fermentation of the microorganism sphingomonas elodea. the constituent sugars are glucose, glucuronic acid, and rhamnose in the molecular ratio of 2:1:1, being linked together to give a primary structure consisting of a linear tetrasac- charine repeating unit. direct recovery yields the gum in its native or high acyl form in which two acyl substituents, acetate and glycerate, are present. gels from that form are elastic and cohesive. recovery after deacetylation has the acyl groups removed to yield the low acyl form; those gels are strong and brittle. in general, high acyl gellan gum dispersed in water swells to form a thick suspension and upon heating, it loses its viscosity upon hydration. low acyl gellan gum is only partially soluble in cold water and is dissolved by heating to 70°c or greater. gelation occurs upon cooling and reaction with ions, predominantly calcium ions. gellan gum is sensitive to ions. uses include bakery fruit fillings, confectioneries, icings, dairy prod- ucts, beverages, and coatings.
GELLAN GUM Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Xanthan gum Carrageenan GEL-GRO GELLAN GUM--N/H Ethyl isocyanoacetate Tosylmethyl isocyanide SALCOMINE TERT-BUTYL ISOCYANIDE DICHLORO(ETHYLENEDIAMINE)PLATINUM(II) N-BUTYLISOCYANIDE COBALT ETHYLENE DIAMINE CHLORIDE 1,1,3,3-TETRAMETHYLBUTYL ISOCYANIDE TRIS(2,2,6,6-TETRAMETHYL-3,5-HEPTANEDIONATO)EUROPIUM(III) Aluminum acetylacetonate METHYL ISOCYANOACETATE Cupric acetylacetonate COBALT(II) ACETYLACETONATE TRIS(2,2,6,6-TETRAMETHYL-3,5-HEPTANEDIONATO)DYSPROSIUM(III) Ferric acetylacetonate
- Company Name:Ningbo EST Chemical Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:+86 (574) 8737-1832
- Company Name:Shandong Fengtai Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:15662658391 0531-82066716-
- Company Name:Hebei chuangzhiyuan biotechnology co., LTD Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:BEST-REAGENT
- Tel:18981987031 400-1166-196