ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Chemical Reagents > Organic reagents > Aromatic aldehydes > 2-Aminobenzaldehyde
Basic information Description Physical properties Uses Preparation Reference Safety Related Supplier
2-Aminobenzaldehyde Chemical Properties
- Melting point:38°C
- Boiling point:225.84°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.1344 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.5323 (estimate)
- Flash point:113 °C
- storage temp. -20°C
- form Low Melting Solid
- color White to yellow
- Stability:Unstable: reported to polymerize rapidly at room temperature. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents, strong bases. Store at -20 C.
- CAS DataBase Reference529-23-7(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference2-Aminobenzaldehyde(529-23-7)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemBenzaldehyde, 2-amino- (529-23-7)
2-Aminobenzaldehyde Usage And Synthesis
- Description2-Aminobenzaldehyde is one of the three isomers of aminobenzaldehyde. It is used as a versatile substrate for rhodium-catalyzed alkyne hydroacylation.1 It is used to prepare quinoline derivatives as antiviral agents, electroluminescent materials for OLEDs, and 2-tosylaminopheyl cyclopropylmethanols for gold-catalyzed cyclopropyl carbinol rearrangement. It is also used for the Friedländer-type synthesis, the benzyl C-H bond amination of acrymethylamines catalyzed by hydroxy-TEMPO, and for silver-catalyzed aniline mediated cascade hydroamination/cycloaddition reactions.
- Physical properties2-Aminobenzaldehyde has recently been identifed as an important component in the fragrant scents of many flowers. These flowers include broom (Spartium junceum), false acacia (Robinia pseudoacacia), European bird cherry (Padus avium), ily (Lilium candidum), seringat (Philadelphus coronarius), Pittosporum tobira, Hypecoum imberbe, and H. fragrant. This chemical is also responsible for the“"sweet" or fragrant odor of the wild mushroom Hebeloma sacchariolens.
- UsesReactant for:
Preparation of quinoline derivatives as antiviral agents
Preparation of electroluminescent materials for OLEDs
Preparation of 2-tosylaminophenyl cyclopropylmethanols for gold-catalyzed cyclopropyl carbinol rearrangement
Benzyl C-H bond amination of arylmethylamines catalyzed by hydroxy-TEMPO
Silver-catalyzed aniline mediated cascade hydroamination/cycloaddition reactions
- Preparation2-Aminobenzaldehyde is prepared by reduction of 2- nitrobenzaldehyde with aqueous ferrous sulfate and ammonia. Since the product contains both aldehyde and amino groups it polymerizes easily. This means that it must be isolated rapidly after it forms, which is done by steam distillation of the product from the reaction mixture.
- ReferenceM. Castaing, S. L. Wason, B. Estepa, J. F. Hooper, M. C. Willis, 2‐Aminobenzaldehydes as Versatile Substrates for Rhodium‐Catalyzed Alkyne Hydroacylation: Application to Dihydroquinolone Synthesis, Angewandte Chemie, 2013, vol. 52, pp. 13280-13283
- Chemical Propertieslight yellow crystalline powder
- Purification MethodsDistil it in steam and recrystallise it from H2O or EtOH/ Et2O. The semicarbazone has m 247o. [Beilstein 14 H 21, 14 I 356, 14 II 14, 14 III 47, 14 IV 42.]
2-Aminobenzaldehyde Preparation Products And Raw materials
- 2-Methyl-4-[N-ethyl-N-(β-ethoxy)ethyl]aminobenzaldehyde Benzaldehyde, 4-(2-chloroethyl)ethylamino-, polymer with 2,3-dihydro-1H-pyrrolo1,2-abenzimidazole and 4-methylpyridine ACID VIOLET 34 ACID GREEN 27 (C.I. 61580) Disperse Blue 14 ACID BLUE 25 1-AMINO-9-FLUORENONE Disperse Red 9 REACTIVE BLACK 5 Disperse Blue 3 2-Chloro-N-[4-chloro-2-(2-chlorobenzoyl)phenyl]acetamide Solvent Green 3 Acid Green 25 OIL BLUE N 4-AMINOBENZALDEHYDE,P-AMINOBENZALDEHYDE 2-Aminobenzyl alcohol 2-Aminobenzaldehyde o-Aminophenylacetic acid
- Company Name:Beijing Taiya Jie Technology Development Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13552411790 021-33690831-8001
- Company Name:SiChuang NanBu Honesty Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:15883665058 0838-5675166
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Chembest Research Laboratories Limited