ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Biochemical Engineering > Inhibitors > Endocrinology & Hormones > Estrogen / progestogen Receptor agonists > Altrenogest
Basic information Description Application Uses Biological Activity Interactions in vitro Safety Related Supplier
Altrenogest Chemical Properties
- Melting point:120°
- alpha D20 -72° (c = 0.5 in ethanol)
- Boiling point:390.58°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.0865 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.4900 (estimate)
- storage temp. Sealed in dry,2-8°C
- form neat
- Merck 14,319
- WGK Germany 3
- RTECS KG7745000
Altrenogest Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionAltrenogest is used to suppress estrus in mares in order to facilitate induction of normal estrous cycle activity. It is also used in mares to synchronize scheduled breeding activity. In the suppression of estrous behavior in mares, this is usually related to mares that are used as performance horses.
- ApplicationAltrenogest is a progestin of the 19-nortestosterone group. As a veterinary medication, it is used extensively in the reproductive management of mares to control the reproductive cycle, help maintain pregnancy, and help with behavior modification. Altrenogest has been demonstrated to maintain pregnancy in oophorectomized mares and may be of benefit in mares that abort due to subtherapeutic progestin levels. Altrenogest is typically administered orally by applying directly on the base of the mare’s tongue or on the mare’s feed.
- UsesAltrenogest is used for suppression of estrus. The mare will experience a predictable occurrence of estrus following drug withdrawal. This allows a regular cycle during the transition from winter anestrus to the physiological breeding season in mares with active ovaries. By managing the reproductive cycle, horse owners have more control over breeding procedures and the timing of the arrival of foals.
- Biological ActivityAltrenogest suspension by NexGen is effective in normally cycling mares for minimizing the necessity for estrus detection, for the synchronization of estrus, and permitting scheduled breeding. Altrenogest is also effective in suppressing estrus expression in show mares or mares to be raced.
- InteractionsRifampin may increase the speed of metabolism of Regu-Mate.
- in vitroAltrenogest (Allyltrenbolone) is a progestogen structurally related to veterinary steroid trenbolone. Treatment of embryo-recipient mares with Altrenogest (Allyltrenbolone) appears to be beneficial in extending the degree of donor-recipient synchrony required for successful embryo transfer. The oil and gel Altrenogest (Allyltrenbolone) preparations are equally effective in modulating estrous behavior and time to estrus and ovulation. Altrenogest (Allyltrenbolone) treatment started late in diestrus appears to result in a high incidence of ovulation during treatment and when luteolysis and ovulation occur during treatment; the subsequent luteal phase is frequently prolonged due to failure of regression of the CL.
- Chemical PropertiesPale Yellow Solid
- UsesAltrenogest can be used as a synthetic progestational agent used in veterinary medicine for the control of estrus in mares and antineoplastic.
- brand nameREGUMATE (Roussel-UCLAF, France).
- Veterinary Drugs and TreatmentsAltrenogest (Regu-Mate?) is indicated (labeled) to suppress estrus
in mares to allow a more predictable occurrence of estrus following
withdrawal of the drug. It is used clinically to assist mares to establish
normal cycles during the transitional period from anestrus
to the normal breeding season often in conjunction with an artificial
photoperiod. It is more effective in assisting in pregnancy attainment
later in the transition period. Some authors (Squires et
al. 1983) suggest selecting mares with considerable follicular activity
(mares with one or more follicles 20 mm or greater in size) for
treatment during the transitional phase. Mares that have been in
estrus for 10 days or more and have active ovaries are also considered
excellent candidates for progestin treatment.
Altrenogest is effective in normally cycling mares for minimizing the necessity for estrus detection, for the synchronization of estrus, and permitting scheduled breeding. Estrus will ensue 2 – 5 days after treatment is completed and most mares ovulate between 8 – 15 days after withdrawal. Altrenogest is also effective in suppressing estrus expression in show mares or mares to be raced. Although the drug is labeled as contraindicated during pregnancy, it has been demonstrated to maintain pregnancy in oophorectomized mares and may be of benefit in mares that abort due to sub-therapeutic progestin levels.
The product Matrix? is labeled for synchronization of estrus in sexually mature gilts that have had at least one estrous cycle. Treatment with altrenogest results in estrus (standing heat) 4-9 days after completion of the 14-day treatment period.
Altrenogest has been used in dogs for luteal insufficiency and as a treatment to prevent premature delivery.
- Company Name:Jinan Chenghuishuangda Chemical Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:13645313851 0531-58897082-
- Company Name:Wuhan Biocar Bio-Pharm Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:86 15387057351
- Company Name:Shanghai lian lu industrial co., LTD Gold
- Tel:18616369749 021-57937586-
- Company Name:Hubei widely chemical technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18627774460 027-83991130-
- Company Name:Jinan Chenghui Shuangda Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18615417858 0531-58897046-
- Sep 30，2020